Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Egnew might get cut?

1. -91
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Should have let Sherman cut him on Hardknocks ten at least we would have been entertained! That was our only chance at value from Egghead.

The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

2. -92
    Cement Shoes Distributor

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolina (from MIAMI)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Egnew seemed smug and lackadaisical, and I'm willing to bet it was Mike Pouncey that use the P word
    I Love JESUS CHRIST
    To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world
    Quote Quote  

3. -93
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    this should be called Egnew should be cut
    Quote Quote  

4. -94
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    LYNDHURST, NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveEnd76 View Post
    It's very concerning when a teammate calls another teammate a name like that. Between that, Sherman ripping him a new one in Hard Knocks, being inactive pretty much all season and us fans jumping down his throat, Egew's morale has to be pretty low. And if anyone thinks that any teammates are going to help him now you're sadly mistaken. The players are all on their various vacations. They could care less about football right now.
    Ok, I get the players are on vacation. I just don't think these players realized he was a "*****" at week 17. I'd ventrue a guess it was more like TC or at latest Week 4. My point is, if this is the case, where was the leadership on this team? I went to bed last night thinking about this. If Egnew was in Baltimore, I'll bet Ray Lewis would have been all over him to get is a** into gear. And if Ray called him out, Ray would have owned up to it. I'd even go as far as to say Egnew would have become Ray's shadow at the facility every day.

Where is our leader keeping his house strong? Answer that question for me please, I'm dying to know.
    Sometimes my brain hurts when I read the general Miami Dolphins forum

MarxBrother
    Quote Quote  

5. -95
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    yeah I gotta say, that calling someone out like this should absolutely be the last resort to try and get a player motivated. "IF" they have done everything else in their power then and only then do I even agree with this action. but you better have drug this guy to every meeting, extra practice, sprinted and ran and weight trained and gone to a bar with this guy to get him going and part of the team. if they are just letting the rookie study in the corner alone and aren't pushing him to improve then that says as much about thier leadership as it does about egnew's lack of it.

Quote Quote  

6. -96
    Phins-Spotlight.com

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FinsFan74 View Post
    Egnew seemed smug and lackadaisical, and I'm willing to bet it was Mike Pouncey that use the P word
    I would guess Incognito.
    --
    Chris J. Nelson

About me:
    I am a production assistant for Turner Sports and I love my job. I also love the Dolphins and have been writing my own blog since 2007. I would love if you gave it a look and considered it as part of your regular Dolphins web rotation.

Visit my blog at phins-spotlight.com and follow me on twitter @phinsspotlight!
    Quote Quote  

7. -97
    Football Guru

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well maybe we don't have any real "leaders" on the team. Either that or they don't give a crap. Maybe Fasano should've helped him along. Then again, Fasano is no leader either. Maybe we have too many players on the team who only care about themselves and their own fat paycheck?
    Please God, let me see 1 Dolphins Superbowl victory before I die.
    Quote Quote  

8. -98
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jlfin View Post
    I've never seen so much over reaction in my life. Every year NFL network airs a show on greatest busts. There are plenty of "blue chip" players taken in the top 5 that bust as well as every other round.
    Everyone knows the draft is a bit of a gamble. Fact is, Egnew, has all the measurables (ht, speed) and the team had a need. They were wrong in their projection of him. End of story. Time to move on.
    Exactly, this is why Armando is so bad for the Dolphins fan base, and for ticket sales too.

His mission in life is to pollute the water.

I'm sure most people here are familiar with Cameron Wake's story.

He was picked by the Giants, he was cut in training camp, was out of football and resurfaced in Canada. Now look at where he is. The only conclusion regarding Egnew that matters will come AFTER training camp. It is too early to throw in all your chips and abandon a player that has already been paid so much money.

OK, here are some other players that were laughed at in their rookie seasons. Chris Carter, Brett Farve, Kurt Warner.
    Any of those names ring a bell?
    Last edited by tcdrover; 01-10-2013 at 12:39 PM.
    Quote Quote  

9. -99
    Phins-Spotlight.com

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdrover View Post
    Exactly, this is why Armando is so bad for the Dolphins fan base, and for ticket sales too.

His mission in life is to pollute the water.

I'm sure most people here are familiar with Cameron Wake's story.

He was picked by the Giants, he was cut in training camp, was out of football and resurfaced in Canada. Now look at where he is. The only conclusion regarding Egnew that matters will come AFTER training camp. It is too early to throw in all your chips and abandon a player that has already been paid so much money.

OK, here are some other players that were laughed at in their rookie seasons. Chris Carter, Brett Farve, Kurt Warner.
    Any of those names ring a bell?
    Wake didn't make it to camp.

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveEnd76 View Post
    Well maybe we don't have any real "leaders" on the team. Either that or they don't give a crap. Maybe Fasano should've helped him along. Then again, Fasano is no leader either. Maybe we have too many players on the team who only care about themselves and their own fat paycheck?
    Fasano's no leader? Bull****. How do you know? It's not like he can magically give Egnew motivation and talent.
    Quote Quote  

10. -100
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    you can't blame anyone for this kid not being a player...he's just not an nfl football player at a physical position like te...this was doomed from the jump...and all this he's so talented stuff was bunk to begin with
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote