Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Egnew might get cut?

1. -101
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kcbrown View Post
    Interesting article on Egnew:

http://atlanta.sbnation.com/atlanta-...nfl-draft-2012

Says he was projected for Round 2 after the 2010 season, then Gabbert left, he crapped the bed in 2011 which then left him to be projected as a fourth or fifth rounder (the eighth best TE coming out). Basically says what you all have been saying...no hips, can't block lineman, etc.

Did Ireland and his scouts fall asleep for a year? Geesh.
    he was 10 lbs lighter and ha more going for him in 2010...he was bloated and lacked suddenness in 2011 and when he showed up at 251 lbs in training camp to carry more weight probably to help him in line i knew he was in trouble...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -102
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    hoops shoots....he scores
    The only player Ive been more dead on about prior to a draft than Egnew was Vernon Gholston
    Quote Quote  

3. -103
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Philbin has been IFFY on some personnel moves, so it might be on him too. Ireland wanted to keep Gates, for instance -- in hindsight that would have been SMART, as most of the other WRs on the roster are simply possession WRs. Philbin cut Gates [instead of any of the other list of MEDIOCRE or TERRIBLE WRs like Lemmego Nanae] and Voila! the Phins were left without a legit deep threat and teams boxed in the Phins the last half of the year, and the redzone WR plays were non-existent -- all due to SLOW, MEDIOCRE talent at WR.

Gates got picked up immediately by the Jets, and flashed some serious potential and field-stretching presence. Not keeping Gates and not cutting Egnew, Nanae, etc. [sooner] are all on Philbin, not Ireland.

Philbin has choices with the roster NOW and so far some of those choices have been misguided to the max, where WR and TE are concerned.

LD
    Quote Quote  

4. -104
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would have like to see him play some. He made some nice catches in the preseason.
    Quote Quote  

5. -105
    Phins-Spotlight.com

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LDaniel7 View Post
    Philbin has been IFFY on some personnel moves, so it might be on him too. Ireland wanted to keep Gates, for instance -- in hindsight that would have been SMART, as most of the other WRs on the roster are simply possession WRs. Philbin cut Gates [instead of any of the other list of MEDIOCRE or TERRIBLE WRs like Lemmego Nanae] and Voila! the Phins were left without a legit deep threat and teams boxed in the Phins the last half of the year, and the redzone WR plays were non-existent -- all due to SLOW, MEDIOCRE talent at WR.

Gates got picked up immediately by the Jets, and flashed some serious potential and field-stretching presence. Not keeping Gates and not cutting Egnew, Nanae, etc. [sooner] are all on Philbin, not Ireland.

Philbin has choices with the roster NOW and so far some of those choices have been misguided to the max, where WR and TE are concerned.

LD
    Gates didn't show much of anything this season and also displayed durability issues. If anything, his first season in New York further convinced me the Dolphins didn't lose anything when they cut him. That's not a black mark on Ireland or Philbin.
    --
    Chris J. Nelson

About me:
    I am a production assistant for Turner Sports and I love my job. I also love the Dolphins and have been writing my own blog since 2007. I would love if you gave it a look and considered it as part of your regular Dolphins web rotation.

Visit my blog at phins-spotlight.com and follow me on twitter @phinsspotlight!
    Quote Quote  

6. -106
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jlfin View Post
    I've never seen so much over reaction in my life...They were wrong in their projection of him. End of story. Time to move on.
    between trades, FA and the draft how many "end of story time to move ons" is ireland going to get?
    Quote Quote  

7. -107
    Damn SugarBowl

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    aside from the lack of fluidity and hips, the guy can not hold on to the ball. FUMBLE MACHINE. proof is out there. games are your resume and his says "I will fumble if you hit me."
    Quote Quote  

8. -108
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    hoops shoots....he scores
    i beat ya.. I posted this on day after draft april 29 2012

http://www.finheaven.com/show...post1064302181

Quote Originally Posted by electrolyte
    Egnew sucks. I hated this pick with a passion. I would have rather gone into the year with Clay/Fasano and taken a TE in the much later rounds or free agency.

He will be out of the NFL in a few years.

He couldn't even get good separation in the college level...
    He can't block
    He is not an elite athlete
    He has no power or explosiveness

I really hated this pick. Basically we took a TE because we needed one and the Colts took Fleener and Allen.....leaving us with this guy, not because he was worth it.

Fasano is better than Egnew.

Last edited by electrolyte; 01-12-2013 at 03:37 AM.
    Quote Quote  

9. -109
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by electrolyte View Post
    you could've picked this guy by looking at the draft board. he was the 4 rated TE on nfl.com and the number 3 pass catching TE. I knew we'd draft him. I wanted allen. ****ing colts.
    "I didn't feel like we had to score," Tannehill said. "I had the mindset we were going to score."

Quote Quote  

10. -110
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SabanHater View Post
    unacceptable. you can't miss this bad in the 3rd round. 3rd rounders need to contribute in some sort of way.
    hmm 3rd rounders eh...
    2008 Kendall Langford - BUST
    2009 Patrick Turner -MEGA BUST
    2010 John Jerry - Not the worst pick ever
    2011 None
    2012 Michael Egnew - UBER BUST
    + Olivier Vernon

Quote Quote