Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Egnew might get cut?

1. -131
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2413fanphins View Post
    one could make an argument that 85% of any given roster could potentially be replacable...
    Especially with a bunch of Kendall Langford's on it...
    Quote Quote  

2. -132
    Go get me a juice box!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Casas9425 View Post
    I don't need you to teach me how to be a Dolfan zombie. If Ireland thought Langford was any good he'd still be a Dolphin. Langford is just a guy. Replaceable.
    This might be one of the worse arguments I've seen on this site in a while.

You can't keep everyone! Last year we were up against the cap and Langford was let go because they couldn't afford to keep both he and Soliai. On the switch to the 4-3, they also felt Odrick could slide over to end and adequately replace the production. This idea that it had to do with some kind of subpar performance while he was here is assanine. Not even remotely close to the truth. Langford wasn't asked to rush the passer while he was here as a 3-4 end. He was asked to set the edge (one of the best in the NFL at it) and to be versatile playing positions along the D-line. That Rams D loves having him on their squad.
    Quote Quote  

3. -133
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ANUFan View Post
    Is the guy REALLY that bad?
    Seriously?? Its it really possible that he couldnt contribute whatsover??
    Quote Quote  

4. -134
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks

Fantasyland

Quote Originally Posted by enigmatics View Post
    This might be one of the worse arguments I've seen on this site in a while.

You can't keep everyone! Last year we were up against the cap and Langford was let go because they couldn't afford to keep both he and Soliai. On the switch to the 4-3, they also felt Odrick could slide over to end and adequately replace the production. This idea that it had to do with some kind of subpar performance while he was here is assanine. Not even remotely close to the truth. Langford wasn't asked to rush the passer while he was here as a 3-4 end. He was asked to set the edge (one of the best in the NFL at it) and to be versatile playing positions along the D-line. That Rams D loves having him on their squad.
    Your right and we would have and I believe planned on keeping Langford except that Paul Saoli signed for less than expected. During the Shula years you kept your draft picks on the team until they were cut or retired. That allowed you to really build a team through the draft and coach them up
    Quote Quote  

5. -135
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins1971 View Post
    The 2011 Dolphins WR core that included BM caught 2 more passes and gained 10 more yards than the 2012 Dolphins WR core without him.

2011 Brandon Marshall and 3 other WR's combined for 169 ctaches for 2319 yards (13.72 ave) with 10 TD's

2012 9 Dolphins WR combined for 167 ctaches for 2309 yards (13.82 ave) with 3 TD's

While the yards are fairly close the TD production was missed. But if RT17 hits a few of those bombes we are talking about some pretty close numbers.
    Or maybe that has everything to do with a new HC, OC, and QB. I would have loved to have seen our offensive numbers with Tanny and Marshall.
    Quote Quote  

6. -136
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I took a look at the Patriots game again. Egnew played every snap down the stretch in our final full possession, middle of the 4th quarter. Tannehill never looked his way but at least Egnew displayed some energy and seemed to improve later in the possession. He made one nice dip move to the inside when split right. Twice he was stationed in the backfield to block. That didn't look formidable. He was jostled by the shoulder the first time and was sent spinning.

I don't think we'll connect on that pick but I wouldn't throw him away minus one more preseason of exploration. Jump and snag potential against undersized defensive backs. I saw him do that several times in college.
    Quote Quote  

7. -137
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    I took a look at the Patriots game again. Egnew played every snap down the stretch in our final full possession, middle of the 4th quarter. Tannehill never looked his way but at least Egnew displayed some energy and seemed to improve later in the possession. He made one nice dip move to the inside when split right. Twice he was stationed in the backfield to block. That didn't look formidable. He was jostled by the shoulder the first time and was sent spinning.

I don't think we'll connect on that pick but I wouldn't throw him away minus one more preseason of exploration. Jump and snag potential against undersized defensive backs. I saw him do that several times in college.
    He's got the brook trout look...never a good thing.
    Quote Quote  

8. -138
    Go get me a juice box!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Casas9425 View Post
    He's got the brook trout look...never a good thing.
    I remember on Hard Knocks he literally looked like he was on the verge of tears every time they showed his face.
    Quote Quote  

9. -139
    Phins-Spotlight.com

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by enigmatics View Post
    I remember on Hard Knocks he literally looked like he was on the verge of tears every time they showed his face.
    Yeah I think that might just be how is face looks, but it's not good haha.
    --
    Chris J. Nelson

About me:
    I am a production assistant for Turner Sports and I love my job. I also love the Dolphins and have been writing my own blog since 2007. I would love if you gave it a look and considered it as part of your regular Dolphins web rotation.

Visit my blog at phins-spotlight.com and follow me on twitter @phinsspotlight!
    Quote Quote  

10. -140
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    was shocked we took Egnew. Watched his college games and saw nothing truly special there. Cant block his own shadow and cant use his speed. Never broke big plays but did catch alot of balls his junior season but was below average after reception. would have taken Orson Charles all day over this stiff
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote