Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two player's to consider in mid rounds of Draft

Hybrid View

1. -1
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Draft Two player's to consider in mid rounds of Draft

Kiko Alonso ILB Oregon (6'-4" 245 lbs) and Cobi Hamilton WR Arkansas (6'-3" 209 lbs) are two players who would bring value in round's 3-6. Alonso has had offfield issues with alcohol early in his creer at U of O but he is a player with all the tools to play Middle LB in the NFL. Hamilton is a big WR who has good speed and great hands and would fit the WCO WR well.

Here are a few links of each player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrrBn2ff4js

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86R-jzlN4B0
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    with you on alonzo...not with you on hamilton...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    with you on alonzo...not with you on hamilton...
    I don't know, Hamilton looks a bit like Dwayne Bowe. Don't think he'll fit the scheme though.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've been banging the Alonso drum for a few months. This kid is for real and appears to have put his (quite serious) personal issues behind him. Character concerns will drop his stock to rounds 4-7 imo. Somebody will get a steal. His motor, range, instincts, ball-reading, long arms are all top 50 stuff. Tackling technique can be a little erratic, but that's it for the downside on the field.

Who's to say he won't revert to being a little punk in the future, but the signs out of Oregon are that he's put that behind him.

Not a big fan of Hamilton, though. Sorry!
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thank you for the feed back.

Alonso could be a real steal if he keep's his head on straight.

I had no knowledge of Hamilton prior to watching some tape on him but he looks impressive.

Makes tough catches and then has some good run after the catch ability, watch the highlight video and you may like what you see?
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Anyone hear the interview (I think it was on Lebatard) on the radio where the dolphins talked about the Ray Lewis draft. They mentioned that one reason why he wasn't drafted by us was because they felt he needed to get out of Miami. It was a mixture of a bad crowd and a new scene to focus on what he was doing.

I always feel like that with players with character concerns, the phins try and shy away from them because the lifestyle might swallow them up.

Do you think that would be an issue with Kiko?
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I dont think Miami would be a problem for Kiko as I believe he has had his issues but has learned from it and grown as a player and a person.

One interesting side note is his Father was born in Cuba and his mother is from Columbia, maybe the good weather and some good Cuban/Columbian food will do him good !
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think they will shy away from Alonzo based on the character issues and the fact that they don't play defense in the PAC-10. Hamilton could be in the mix, but have trouble believing that based on our offensive scheme. I think Jelani Jenkins from Florida and as much as I hate to say it Denard Robinson would be better fits - Philbin wants football players.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BC26 View Post
    I think they will shy away from Alonzo based on the character issues and the fact that they don't play defense in the PAC-10. Hamilton could be in the mix, but have trouble believing that based on our offensive scheme. I think Jelani Jenkins from Florida and as much as I hate to say it Denard Robinson would be better fits - Philbin wants football players.
    I'd be surprised if they bite on Alonso because of character (though they didn't have trouble drafting Jimmy Wilson, who was a little punk). But I think you have to look at players who shine in PAC12 defenses and conversely in SEC offenses (not exclusively of course). Why? Because PAC12 defensive players are practising every day against high-octane, complex, no huddle offenses. I think they learn to read plays better than other conferences, they need a big motor and pace to defend APC12 offenses. To stick out as a good player in the PAC12 when the opponent scores an average of 35 points a game or whatever it is - and when you may not have the kind of help around you that a LSU or Georgia player will have on the defensive side of the ball, means you're good.

That's why I think a guy like Alonso is doubly impressive. He's shining in an environment where the odds are stacked against him, compared to SEC linebackers for example.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Impact Wrestling > WWE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BC26 View Post
    ...as much as I hate to say it Denard Robinson would be better fits - Philbin wants football players.
    Shoelace as a phin?

Interesting but where would he line up? RB/WR combo (like Riddick in South Bend) or CB.
    Winning without ethics is not winning at all - Don Shula.

Quote Quote