Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: The '09-'11 Jets Elite? Yea or Nay?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! 2 of those 3 years playing for the Conference Championship = "Elite"

1 2.33%
  • Yes (somewhat): Elite in '09 and '10 but surely not in '11

1 2.33%
  • No! No Superbowl, not even a division championship.

15 34.88%
  • No! One legit year in '10 sandwiched between Colts giftwrapping and mediocrity

26 60.47%
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The '09 -'11 Jets Elite? Yea or Nay?

1. -41
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    yep we are a laughingstock at 6-10 w/ the 9th worst record in the league. I learn so much on here.
    That is called spinning. You had no problem declaring the Dolphins the laughing stock of the league last year, and they were a coin flip away with the Panthers for having the 9th worst record in the league. I guess all that talk in the media about the Dolphins was becasue they were relevant.

The Jets are one of the biggest, if not the biggest laughing stock in the NFL right now. It is not so much about the record with the Jets. It is about everything else. The "Buttfumble" Bart Scott's media boycott, the handling of Tebow, Sparano, Rex' buttfumble tattoo, and I could go on and on. There hasn't been a single moment this season when I could turn on the T.V without seeing something to laugh about with the Jets.

I have taken a quote from you where you were talking about the Dolphins, but it seems to be very fitting for the Jets with a few key words changed.

failure starts at the top, until Woody changes his ways and brings in competent people to run the show I should expect similar results. I feel for Rex, he's basically coaching for his HC career in 2013. If we stink again Rex is gone and the new GM will bring in his own HC.
    Words of wisdom that is.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    That is called spinning. You had no problem declaring the Dolphins the laughing stock of the league last year, and they were a coin flip away with the Panthers for having the 9th worst record in the league. I guess all that talk in the media about the Dolphins was becasue they were relevant.

The Jets are one of the biggest, if not the biggest laughing stock in the NFL right now. It is not so much about the record with the Jets. It is about everything else. The "Buttfumble" Bart Scott's media boycott, the handling of Tebow, Sparano, Rex' buttfumble tattoo, and I could go on and on. There hasn't been a single moment this season when I could turn on the T.V without seeing something to laugh about with the Jets.

I have taken a quote from you where you were talking about the Dolphins, but it seems to be very fitting for the Jets with a few key words changed.

Words of wisdom that is.
    when did I call the dolphins the laughingstock of the league last year?

no one talked about the dolphins last year.

except for the little fact Woody's Jets have been one of the best teams in the AFC the last decade, every team has down years but when your up years are at 7-9 that's a bad franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by cbreeden View Post
    And to think, you actually believe the **** that comes out of your piehole.

There's a reason you've earned the 'Spin Meister' badge. Go HOMER.......Go HOMER.......it's your birthday.......Go HOMER!!
    I diodn't earn anything, that was the idea of one of the worst posters on the site and the mods thought it would be funny. I agree, I think it is funny which is why I never complained about it.

go homer it's your birthday? really.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Pimpin' ain't easy

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    outside the beltway
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I diodn't earn anything, that was the idea of one of the worst posters on the site and the mods thought it would be funny. I agree, I think it is funny which is why I never complained about it.

go homer it's your birthday? really.
    Look around....noone else is sporting the 'spin'.....just you. And really....you're a homer....birthday or not.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cbreeden View Post
    Look around....noone else is sporting the 'spin'.....just you. And really....you're a homer....birthday or not.
    thank you poster than no one knows that doesn't contribute anything to the board. I appreciate it.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Virgil Caine is the name

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    ServedOnThe DanvilleTrain
    Thanks / No Thanks
    as someone on TGG pointed out, Woody, a trust fund kid, who seemingly knows how to spend his inheritance his late relatives earned, but never worked a day in his life to build anything, has a .500 record since buying the team, ....also a huge penalty for being a tax cheat, a failure as a father, a meddler foisting Teblow on the team and then scapegoating The BeanCounter and more intent on selling overpriced PSLs and grabbing headlines than winning. Sorry that reality bites.

Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    as someone on TGG pointed out, Woody, a trust fund kid, who seemingly knows how to spend his inheritance his late relatives earned, but never worked a day in his life to build anything, has a .500 record since buying the team, ....also a huge penalty for being a tax cheat, a failure as a father, a meddler foisting Teblow on the team and then scapegoating The BeanCounter and more intent on selling overpriced PSLs and grabbing headlines than winning. Sorry that reality bites.
    aweome, if only he was as good of person as you are we'd be ok.

Woody took over in 2000 but diodn't really have a chance to pt his stamp on the team until the next season.

2001-2012:

playoff apps:

NE 10, 16 wins
    Indy 10, 9 wins
    Pitt 8, 12 wins
    Baltimore 8, 7 wins
    NY Jets 6, 6 wins
    SD 5, 3 wins
    Denver 5, 1 win
    Ten 4, 2 wins
    Cincy 4, 0 wins
    Jacksonville 3, 1 win
    KC 3, 0 wins
    Oak 2, 3 wins
    Houston 2, 2 wins
    Miami 2, 1 win
    Cleveland 1, 0 wins
    Buffalo 0, 0

all this w/ a dynasty team in his division making it near impossible to win a division(his Jets are the ONLY other AFC east team to win a div title in a year Brady was NE's primary starter)

but yeah Woody has done a terrible job.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Virgil Caine is the name

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    earned: 4 legit wins, 5 legit appearances, reflecting an egregious scheduling gift from Bill Polian which makes anything that happened afterwards tainted. Not bad, but he's sti.l the same tax cheater who hired Rex, foisted Teblow, promoted an accountant and then scapegoated him while having no problem continuing to watch the team tumor metastasize next season.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Virgil Caine is the name

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    earned: 4 legit wins, 5 legit appearances, reflecting an egregious scheduling gift from Bill Polian which makes anything that happened afterwards tainted. Not bad, but he's sti.l the same tax cheater who hired Rex, foisted Teblow, promoted an accountant and then scapegoated him while having no problem continuing to watch the team tumor metastasize next season.

As the poll shows, you are not an elite team, you have no post merger big ring hardware, only 4 division pinky rings... and have never been an elite team, but then again, even you won't dare try to foist that bull**** on your TGG homies.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    http://www.finheaven.com/images/impo...1/sleep2-1.gif

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

As the poll shows, you are not an elite team, you have no post merger big ring hardware, only 4 division pinky rings... and have never been an elite team, but then again, even you won't dare try to foist that bull**** on your TGG homies.
    yes, we know the poll was a very fair one. you can't really believe the nonsense you post, can you? I used to think your act was all a goof but I'm getting the impression you are serious which is sad.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Virgil Caine is the name

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

yes, we know the poll was a very fair one. you can't really believe the nonsense you post, can you? I used to think your act was all a goof but I'm getting the impression you are serious which is sad.
    Your lack of self-awareness is hilarious. LIkewise, I've given you the benefit of the doubt being an intentional troll cause no one who's not a blind homer could be as delusional as you routinely are (hint: no one here and few on TGG takes you seriously - but then again unlike the jest in '09, you "earned" that!).

But then again "ignorance is bliss" so have a ball.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/impo.../2e4vr5x-1.jpg

Quote Quote