Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: The '09-'11 Jets Elite? Yea or Nay?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! 2 of those 3 years playing for the Conference Championship = "Elite"

1 2.33%
  • Yes (somewhat): Elite in '09 and '10 but surely not in '11

1 2.33%
  • No! No Superbowl, not even a division championship.

15 34.88%
  • No! One legit year in '10 sandwiched between Colts giftwrapping and mediocrity

26 60.47%
Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: The '09 -'11 Jets Elite? Yea or Nay?

1. -141
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    that settles it, if a former co-worker of phinz laughs at the notion that the Jets were elite than I guess we weren't.

MOST title games
    MOST playoff wins

ELITE
    Hi SAR, it's almost sad watching you cling to something you never had.
    Quote Quote  

2. -142
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2009-2010
    playoff wins:

Jets 4
    Pats ZERO

title game apps:

Jets 2
    Pats ZERO

head to hea din postseason:

2010 div rd at Foxboro:

Jets 28
    Pats 21
    Wow, I mean just wow!!! You may as well take a drop of water from the ocean, find a grain of sand in it, and then proclaim the entire ocean as land because of the grain of sand. No one is this dumb.
    Quote Quote  

3. -143
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by cbreeden View Post
    Junc, ALL of your arguments mean absolutely squat in the definition and, ultimately, the popular public opinion of whether or not the Jets are an elite team. They AREN'T. It doesn't matter how selective the margin of data you use or how your 'spin' creates an illusion of grandeur. The Jets are not and have not been an elite team. Elite teams are the 70's Steelers; the 80's Niners and 'Skins; the 90's Cowboys and the 00's Pats. Some may want to include the Packers, Broncos and Ravens in that group but I don't. They were good but not elite. The major difference? All of those team have won mutliple division/conference titles with multiple SB appearances AND wins. The Jets have not. They do not have multiple division/conference titles nor do they have multiple SB apearances or wins. Your points are moot and ineffective and are generally ignored by more than one fan base. Get a grip!
    Those teams were DYNASTIES, the elite teams are the teams at the top not necessarily just the best team in the league. If you are top 2 in your league 2 straight years you are elite, you don't even have to be top 2. I think if you make the div rd you are elite. baltimore is elite the last few years and they haven't reached a SB, Miami was elite in the early-mid 90s despite not reaching a SB.

Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    It doesn't matter what happens in the first half. What matters is the final score. Being shut out in the second half and losing the game 30-17 is a convincing loss. I'm just giving you my thoughts on why I think NE had a bit of a down year. Forget the injury if you like. It doesn't change anything. NE was still a better team than the Jets that year. Again, teams don't get to face the same competition in the playoffs. Had the Jets faced Bal and NE faced Cincy, which team has more playoff wins?

NE split with Miami that year as well ,and didn't have a playoff win just like Miami. That doesn't mean Miami was on par with NE.
    You guys got crushed, you were never in those games, we had chances to win. VERY different.

Did Miami make the playoffs that year?
    Quote Quote  

4. -144
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by grogan12 View Post
    Wow, I mean just wow!!! You may as well take a drop of water from the ocean, find a grain of sand in it, and then proclaim the entire ocean as land because of the grain of sand. No one is this dumb.
    so you think NE was better in 2009 & 2010? you'd rather win the division and not win a playoff game than play for the right to go to the SB? I think that's all we need to know about you.
    Quote Quote  

5. -145
    Pimpin' ain't easy

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    outside the beltway
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Those teams were DYNASTIES, the elite teams are the teams at the top not necessarily just the best team in the league. If you are top 2 in your league 2 straight years you are elite, you don't even have to be top 2. I think if you make the div rd you are elite. baltimore is elite the last few years and they haven't reached a SB, Miami was elite in the early-mid 90s despite not reaching a SB.
    Elite teams have hardware. PERIOD.
    Quote Quote  

6. -146
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by cbreeden View Post
    Elite teams have hardware. PERIOD.
    No, champions have hardware.
    Quote Quote  

7. -147
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo

You guys got crushed, you were never in those games, we had chances to win. VERY different.

Did Miami make the playoffs that year?
    This isn't about Miami.

Any chance the Jets had is irrelevant when they lost 30 to 17.

So the 2011 (8-8) (Tebow) Broncos were elite? The 2010 (7-9) Seahawks were elite?
    Quote Quote  

8. -148
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    This isn't about Miami.

Any chance the Jets had is irrelevant when they lost 30 to 17.

So the 2011 (8-8) (Tebow) Broncos were elite? The 2010 (7-9) Seahawks were elite?
    I think Den going to back to back div rds makes them elite in the last 2 years, Sea 2 of the last 3. Not those seasons alone though.
    Quote Quote  

9. -149
    Average Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Have you guys ever thought for just a minute that everybody else is wrong and only nyjunk is right
    Quote Quote  

10. -150
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

The '09 -'11 Jets Elite? Yea or Nay?

Miami was not elite in the 90's and I doubt anyone here would tell you otherwise

Post the poll on your forum and let's see if we are the crazy ones. Just ****ing do it.
    Quote Quote