Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: The '09-'11 Jets Elite? Yea or Nay?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! 2 of those 3 years playing for the Conference Championship = "Elite"

1 2.33%
  • Yes (somewhat): Elite in '09 and '10 but surely not in '11

1 2.33%
  • No! No Superbowl, not even a division championship.

15 34.88%
  • No! One legit year in '10 sandwiched between Colts giftwrapping and mediocrity

26 60.47%
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: The '09 -'11 Jets Elite? Yea or Nay?

1. -181
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    you talking about excuses is hysterical(the only time you are ever funny).

we were a dead team in 2008 after losing to crappy teams to essentially knock us out of the playoffs.

Atl was fighting hard in 2009.

Atl won their last 3 games in 2009
    NYJ lost 4 of our last 5 games in 2008 and only won the lone game b/c Buf fumbled while trying to run out the clock and we picked it up and scored.
    Quote Quote  

2. -182
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    we were a dead team Gracie? check the last 7 games of the 09 Bengals including, who they beat vs beat them, pts for and against and then see us about facing dead teams, let alone taking credit for beating them in season or in the playoffs. You just keep stepping into it. Comedy Gold. I will be lobbying next year for a new category called "Cluelessly Comedic" and nominating you as the watermark by which to measure others
    Quote Quote  

3. -183
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    it doesn't, they played in a weaker division and got a bye b/c of it. we had to win 2 road games to get to the title game.
    Since the Bills and Dolphins are so horrible, the Jets should've swept both of them and split with the Pats since the Jets are elite. With those 5 wins they should be able to win 5-6 more games vs their other opponents b/c they're elite.

Quote Quote  

4. -184
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Atlanta was fighting hard to have back to back winning seasons for the first time in their history, it wasn't like the dead teams Miami had to end 2008.

keep those excuses flowing, it's what you do best.
    Priceless coming from you. Every single counter to your opinion from anyone here is an excuse. From San Fran being lucky to play Atlanta to the Falcons being lucky their division is weak to the Jets having injuries which hindered their elite offense to Sparano not being at fault b/c of said injuries to Sanchez being better than Flacco.

You should write a book on how to make excuses while accusing every single other person of deflecting b/c they disagree with your viewpoints.
    Quote Quote  

5. -185
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Priceless coming from you. Every single counter to your opinion from anyone here is an excuse. From San Fran being lucky to play Atlanta to the Falcons being lucky their division is weak to the Jets having injuries which hindered their elite offense to Sparano not being at fault b/c of said injuries to Sanchez being better than Flacco.

You should write a book on how to make excuses while accusing every single other person of deflecting b/c they disagree with your viewpoints.
    show me where I made excuses? I simply stated a fact that Atl was fighting hard to finish w/ a winning record, I didn't say that's why we lost. we lost b/c we sucked that day so spare me the crying over excuses when I didn't make any. You have me confused w/ vaark.

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

Since the Bills and Dolphins are so horrible, the Jets should've swept both of them and split with the Pats since the Jets are elite. With those 5 wins they should be able to win 5-6 more games vs their other opponents b/c they're elite.
    we did split w/ the Pats, we didn't sweep the bottom feeders but even if we had we wouldn't have won the division in 2010. if we sweep both we win 12, NE won 13. In 2009 we win 11 but NE did rest guys week 17 so they wouldn't have if the div title was up for grabs.
    Quote Quote  

6. -186
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    show me where I made excuses? I simply stated a fact that Atl was fighting hard to finish w/ a winning record, I didn't say that's why we lost. we lost b/c we sucked that day so spare me the crying over excuses when I didn't make any. You have me confused w/ vaark.
    I listed the excuses. I'm not talking about the past, I'm talking about the 2012 season. Nothing that happened before this year is relevant to me.

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

we did split w/ the Pats, we didn't sweep the bottom feeders but even if we had we wouldn't have won the division in 2010. if we sweep both we win 12, NE won 13. In 2009 we win 11 but NE did rest guys week 17 so they wouldn't have if the div title was up for grabs.
    Bottom feeders, how clever considering your **** team went 6-10. Injuries injuries! Woe is us. Elite teams overcome injuries. 2009 is 3 seasons ago. You won't but try and detract your claws from those elite glory years. They're long in the past.
    Quote Quote  

7. -187
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I listed the excuses. I'm not talking about the past, I'm talking about the 2012 season. Nothing that happened before this year is relevant to me.
    Like I suspected, you have nothing.

We stunk this year, the only excuse I offered was in defense of our QB having awful healthy weapons in the pass game. Taht doesn't absolve him from his awful season but it's also not fair to completely evaluate him based on this.
    Quote Quote  

8. -188
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Like I suspected, you have nothing.

We stunk this year, the only excuse I offered was in defense of our QB having awful healthy weapons in the pass game. Taht doesn't absolve him from his awful season but it's also not fair to completely evaluate him based on this.
    Yep I have nothing. I'm a no knowledge nitwit who can't hang with the mental giants such as yourself.
    Quote Quote  

9. -189
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yep I have nothing. I'm a no knowledge nitwit who can't hang with the mental giants such as yourself.
    you are falling into vaark-like territory. Instead of the petty, childish insults just stick to the topic. if you have such a solid case against me present rather than attacking me.
    Quote Quote  

10. -190
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why do you guys continue to bang your heads against a brick wall. You're dealing with the similarities of a retarded little boy. I'm done with him and if you stop feeding him he will either:

a. Go away or
    b. Create a second account and argue with himself
    Quote Quote