Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: The '09-'11 Jets Elite? Yea or Nay?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! 2 of those 3 years playing for the Conference Championship = "Elite"

    1 2.33%
  • Yes (somewhat): Elite in '09 and '10 but surely not in '11

    1 2.33%
  • No! No Superbowl, not even a division championship.

    15 34.88%
  • No! One legit year in '10 sandwiched between Colts giftwrapping and mediocrity

    26 60.47%
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 271

Thread: The '09 -'11 Jets Elite? Yea or Nay?

  1. -221
    tylerdolphin's Avatar
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    12,343
    vCash:
    4248
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Junc, you used to be pretty reasonable, but you've jumped the shark with the Sanchez and Jets stuff lately.




    Quote Quote  

  2. -222
    DisturbedShifty's Avatar
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    5,816
    vCash:
    2163
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo

    Re: The '09 -'11 Jets Elite? Yea or Nay?

    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    seeing the game differently doesn't mean viewing it at different angles.
    That is what you have implied on many occasions. Even if there is SOLID proof evidence of something, you disagree with it because YOUR OPINION of the situation is different. Even when current and ex-players/referees agree with what happened on the field. Just because it doesn't fall into line with your opinion DOES NOT make it wrong.

    In the end all your posturing does for you is make you seem like a less than average fan.

    Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -223
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,475
    vCash:
    21777
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by sm0kinfins View Post
    Someone really needs to start a new poll.

    How valuable is junc to this board?

    1. Not at all. His Ad Homonym attacks and blind homervision are almost too painful to endure.
    2. Somewhat valuable. I find his non biased insight a refreshing take on this board.
    3. Very valuable. Hes the most important person on this site and without his insight Id have no reason to continue my existence.
    4. HAHAHAHAHA! Are you fuggin kidding me?!? That clown??? While he is good for a laugh, I must ask if the starter of this poll is high...
    I'm valuable enough to get you to psot, if not for me you wouldn't have anything to post about.

    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Junc, you used to be pretty reasonable, but you've jumped the shark with the Sanchez and Jets stuff lately.
    The problem is perception. You guys think I am saying mark is a great QB and that he was fine this year. mark was horrible this year, possibly the worst starter in the league BUT he didn't have much help. You need weapons and he ddn't have healthy weapons so I'm not willing to throw him away.

    I think you know it's not easy to win in january(ask Peyton his entire career and Brady lately) so when you have a QB that you know you can win w/ when surrounded w/ the right pieces you don't throw him away.

    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    That is what you have implied on many occasions. Even if there is SOLID proof evidence of something, you disagree with it because YOUR OPINION of the situation is different. Even when current and ex-players/referees agree with what happened on the field. Just because it doesn't fall into line with your opinion DOES NOT make it wrong.

    In the end all your posturing does for you is make you seem like a less than average fan.

    Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.
    People rely too much on "expert" opinions, ex-players/coaches looking to be outrageous to make a name for themselves in their new business. Most of those guys aren't watching every play of every game, there are some that do their homework but most don't so I don't take an educated football opinion(someone who knows the game more than me) from a lazy "expert" over what I watch in every play of every game.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -224
    DisturbedShifty's Avatar
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    5,816
    vCash:
    2163
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post


    People rely too much on "expert" opinions, ex-players/coaches looking to be outrageous to make a name for themselves in their new business. Most of those guys aren't watching every play of every game, there are some that do their homework but most don't so I don't take an educated football opinion(someone who knows the game more than me) from a lazy "expert" over what I watch in every play of every game.
    Again, what is the difference between you and me watching the SAME game? There isn't one. We watch it on the SAME network, with the SAME plays, with the SAME results. And AGAIN, if you are at the game in person, you CAN NOT see EVERYTHING without the aid of a stadium titan-tron. The ONLY difference is is you think your OPINIONS are NEVER wrong. There is no way on Earth that the great nyjunc can EVER be wrong. And don't tell me that you have been wrong, because even if you ARE wrong you NEVER admit it. And if you have admitted you were wrong on a forum, whether it be here or on another board, prove it. Provide a link.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -225
    Vaark's Avatar
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    20,192
    vCash:
    15223
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Statistically the worst QB in the league since Jamarcus Russell - who even from 09, had some modicum of success on a team whose parts were better than him when he could get out of their way as a passenger last year when Carson Palmer was traded to Oakland, Junc said he wouldn 't take 2 first round picks in trade for Sanchez. Mentioning that is his conundrum: if he leaves it unsaid, he can cling to the false illusion that he was down on Sanchez this season,when in fact in the middle of his suckage, he was making close to 200 posts in less than 48 hours on FH (lord knows how many on TGG.. and doesn't his employer's floor ever need sweeping?) how Sanchez was responsible for the win... if he brings it up, he's gotta admit that his buttchez love always clouded his supposed "objectivity" since most everyone knew from the start that the major difference between Suckchez and Henne was their supporting casts.





    Quote Quote  

  6. -226
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,475
    vCash:
    21777
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    Again, what is the difference between you and me watching the SAME game? There isn't one. We watch it on the SAME network, with the SAME plays, with the SAME results. And AGAIN, if you are at the game in person, you CAN NOT see EVERYTHING without the aid of a stadium titan-tron. The ONLY difference is is you think your OPINIONS are NEVER wrong. There is no way on Earth that the great nyjunc can EVER be wrong. And don't tell me that you have been wrong, because even if you ARE wrong you NEVER admit it. And if you have admitted you were wrong on a forum, whether it be here or on another board, prove it. Provide a link.
    I admit when I am wrong, it just doesn't happen often.

    again, it's not about physically watching a game, it's about the way we see the game. Too many fans rely on boxscores to tell them if a player played well, I use my eyes. I can see if a guy is playing well, sometimes the #s don't back that up. For most they need to see good #s.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -227
    tylerdolphin's Avatar
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    12,343
    vCash:
    4248
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Statistically the worst QB in the league since Jamarcus Russell - who even from 09, had some modicum of success on a team whose parts were better than him when he could get out of their way as a passenger last year when Carson Palmer was traded to Oakland, Junc said he wouldn 't take 2 first round picks in trade for Sanchez. Mentioning that is his conundrum: if he leaves it unsaid, he can cling to the false illusion that he was down on Sanchez this season,when in fact in the middle of his suckage, he was making close to 200 posts in less than 48 hours on FH (lord knows how many on TGG.. and doesn't his employer's floor ever need sweeping?) how Sanchez was responsible for the win... if he brings it up, he's gotta admit that his buttchez love always clouded his supposed "objectivity" since most everyone knew from the start that the major difference between Suckchez and Henne was their supporting casts.
    The first word in this post clued me and the rest of the knowledgeable fans here off to the fact that you dont know what youre talking about. You regurgitate stats out of context, we watch the games.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -228
    sm0kinfins's Avatar
    what can BROWN do for you?!?

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2006
    Posts:
    1,719
    vCash:
    2769
    Loc:
    KC, MO.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cap's shieldXbox Logo
Gift received at 04-02-2014, 04:14 PM from DisturbedShiftyTannehill 172013 Dolphins LogoDolphins Homer
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Statistically the worst QB in the league since Jamarcus Russell - who even from 09, had some modicum of success on a team whose parts were better than him when he could get out of their way as a passenger last year when Carson Palmer was traded to Oakland, Junc said he wouldn 't take 2 first round picks in trade for Sanchez. Mentioning that is his conundrum: if he leaves it unsaid, he can cling to the false illusion that he was down on Sanchez this season,when in fact in the middle of his suckage, he was making close to 200 posts in less than 48 hours on FH (lord knows how many on TGG.. and doesn't his employer's floor ever need sweeping?) how Sanchez was responsible for the win... if he brings it up, he's gotta admit that his buttchez love always clouded his supposed "objectivity" since most everyone knew from the start that the major difference between Suckchez and Henne was their supporting casts.
    Come on Vaark. Everyone knows that statistics only matter when they can be twisted to fill the oversized clown shoes of our resident know-nothing lackluster troll.

    Quote Quote  

  9. -229
    Vaark's Avatar
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    20,192
    vCash:
    15223
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Where is the Master Troll when we need him?? I have proposed a few new badges in recognition of our embedded cockroach.

    http://www.finheaven.com/images/impo.../1252e0l-1.jpg
    Quote Quote  

  10. -230
    DisturbedShifty's Avatar
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    5,816
    vCash:
    2163
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo

    Re: The '09 -'11 Jets Elite? Yea or Nay?

    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    The first word in this post clued me and the rest of the knowledgeable fans here off to the fact that you dont know what youre talking about. You regurgitate stats out of context, we watch the games.
    Was that your impression of Junc?

    Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-31-2013, 12:32 AM
  2. Elite QB
    By jfleag61 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-01-2012, 07:05 PM
  3. Nobody elite!!!!!!!!!
    By normaniii in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-22-2008, 02:23 AM
  4. Should I buy an elite?
    By sirvmac in forum Gaming Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-18-2007, 01:28 PM
  5. FMM: Elite 8!
    By TerryTate in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: 04-01-2006, 07:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •