Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: The '09-'11 Jets Elite? Yea or Nay?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! 2 of those 3 years playing for the Conference Championship = "Elite"

1 2.33%
  • Yes (somewhat): Elite in '09 and '10 but surely not in '11

1 2.33%
  • No! No Superbowl, not even a division championship.

15 34.88%
  • No! One legit year in '10 sandwiched between Colts giftwrapping and mediocrity

26 60.47%
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: The '09 -'11 Jets Elite? Yea or Nay?

1. -231
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sm0kinfins View Post
    Come on Vaark. Everyone knows that statistics only matter when they can be twisted to fill the oversized clown shoes of our resident know-nothing lackluster troll.
    yeah, he's never bad-mouthed anything jest and even made Reggie into the villian when Blutto and the roided out safety put a price on his head. The most blind homer on this site and now being recognized also on such on TGG. But, hey I'll admit, although it's like picking on Corky, in a weird way, he is my graphic muse cause there's so much to work with.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/impo.../34iphr4-1.jpg

"Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."
    Margaret Mead

Quote Quote  

2. -232
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No team with 9 wins will ever be considered elite. Sorry bro, no one is drinking that green Kool-Aid on this site. You guys barely limped in the playoffs both years. Besides Elite teams typically have elits QB's and good coaches. buttfumble and Ryan need demotions to back QB and Defensive Coordinator.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    2009-2011

Most conf title game apps in NFL
    most playoff wins in AFC
    tied for most playoff wins in NFL

that is elite, sorry that bothers you guys.
    Quote Quote  

3. -233
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    clinching a playoff berth in week 16 in 2010 is barely limping in?

MOST playoff wins in league(tied), most playoff wins in AFC, most title game apps- that's elite no matter what way you slice it.
    Quote Quote  

4. -234
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Romania
    Thanks / No Thanks

MOST playoff wins in league(tied), most playoff wins in AFC, most title game apps- that's elite no matter what way you slice it.
    so the jets were elite in 2009 when they backed into the playoffs with a 9-7 record, yet one of the arguments you made against eli being elite in 2011 was that he only led his team to a 9-7 record in the regular season . How does that work?
    Quote Quote  

5. -235
    Special Teams Lunatic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Pond, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just checking in to see if some merciful person has added a "Seriously? Are you on crack for even suggesting they were elite?" option.

Apparently no.
    "If foot fetish videos of your wife surface online, and the voice of the cameraman sounds like you, just admit that it was you ... because the alternative is that someone else was filming foot fetish videos of your wife, and I'm pretty sure that's worse." - Bill Simmons's enduring lesson to Rex Ryan.
    Quote Quote  

6. -236
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by peace4all View Post
    so the jets were elite in 2009 when they backed into the playoffs with a 9-7 record, yet one of the arguments you made against eli being elite in 2011 was that he only led his team to a 9-7 record in the regular season . How does that work?
    How did we back in by winning 5 of 6 games? MOST playoff wins, Eli has led his team to MISSING 3 of the last 4 postseasons. if we had '09 and nothing else I'd call it a fluke but back to back title games beating the hottst teams in football on the road in the div rd tells us it was not a fluke.

Quote Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
    Just checking in to see if some merciful person has added a "Seriously? Are you on crack for even suggesting they were elite?" option.

Apparently no.
    I know this will be difficult since Miami never even contends for the playoffs let alone wins playoff games but pretend Miami did in '09 & '10 what the jets did and let me know how you feel. Something tells me you guys would have very different opinions.
    Quote Quote  

7. -237
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Ford LogoTannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    I know this will be difficult since Miami never even contends for the playoffs let alone wins playoff games but pretend Miami did in '09 & '10 what the jets did and let me know how you feel. Something tells me you guys would have very different opinions.
    I've said it 999 times and I'll make it 1,000. If the Dolphins went to the AFCCG in 2009 and 2010, they would not be elite. IMO, the only time the Miami Dolphins were elite was in the early 70s.

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

No. Never. I'm glad it gives you a reason to wake up in the morning though. Kudos.

Quote Quote  

8. -238
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    I've said it 999 times and I'll make it 1,000. If the Dolphins went to the AFCCG in 2009 and 2010, they would not be elite. IMO, the only time the Miami Dolphins were elite was in the early 70s.

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

No. Never. I'm glad it gives you a reason to wake up in the morning though. Kudos.
    You can say that all you want but you'd be a minority on the board. The majority on here act like Miami has had more success than the Jets in recent years, imagine if you actually did?
    Quote Quote  

9. -239
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Romania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How did we back in by winning 5 of 6 games? MOST playoff wins, Eli has led his team to MISSING 3 of the last 4 postseasons. if we had '09 and nothing else I'd call it a fluke but back to back title games beating the hottst teams in football on the road in the div rd tells us it was not a fluke.

I was referring STRICTLY to the 2009 season, and the notion of being elite at 9-7. Somehow the team and qb that won the SB last year with a regular season record of 9-7 weren't elite by your standards, yet the 2009 9-7 jets who made it to the playoffs against backups only to get eliminated a few games later were elite. I think winning a superbowl screams "elite" much louder than two back to back losses in championship games, don't you?

Point is that you can't have it both ways. You can't say that eli and the giants weren't elite last year only to claim that the jets were in 2009. Same reg season record, only better playoff results for the giants. You could make a case for the 2010 jets being a very good team, but a team that gets beat before the superbowl for a second straight year can't be considered elite, regardless of stats, which as i've said above i bet you would trade instantly for a SB win.
    Quote Quote  

10. -240
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by peace4all View Post
    I was referring STRICTLY to the 2009 season, and the notion of being elite at 9-7. Somehow the team and qb that won the SB last year with a regular season record of 9-7 weren't elite by your standards, yet the 2009 9-7 jets who made it to the playoffs against backups only to get eliminated a few games later were elite. I think winning a superbowl screams "elite" much louder than two back to back losses in championship games, don't you?

Point is that you can't have it both ways. You can't say that eli and the giants weren't elite last year only to claim that the jets were in 2009. Same reg season record, only better playoff results for the giants. You could make a case for the 2010 jets being a very good team, but a team that gets beat before the superbowl for a second straight year can't be considered elite, regardless of stats, which as i've said above i bet you would trade instantly for a SB win.
    We won 5 of our last 6 games, how is that backing in?

we were one of the last 4 teams standing, last 2 in our conference- that is elite.

When did I say the '07 or '11 NYG teams weren't elite? I said ELI wasn't elite, team vs. individual are 2 different arguments. A guy who threw 25 INts in '10 and has led his team to 1 PO app in the last 4 years is not elite, the elite QBs put up big #s and always have their teams in contention. Maybe every once in a while they miss a postseason but not 3 in 4 years and usually it is b/c of injury.
    Quote Quote