Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: The '09-'11 Jets Elite? Yea or Nay?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! 2 of those 3 years playing for the Conference Championship = "Elite"

1 2.33%
  • Yes (somewhat): Elite in '09 and '10 but surely not in '11

1 2.33%
  • No! No Superbowl, not even a division championship.

15 34.88%
  • No! One legit year in '10 sandwiched between Colts giftwrapping and mediocrity

26 60.47%
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The '09 -'11 Jets Elite? Yea or Nay?

1. -91
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    It doesn't matter how we got there, we got there and we earned it. Does it matter we choked in 2000 to give you your div title? does it matter we choked in 2008 to give you your div title? No.

5th in playoff apps, 5th in playoff wins.
    It might not matter to you as a Jets fan, (who wants to include his team as one of the best in the decade), but it matters to everyone else. If the Jets won anything meaningful during that time (like the Giants did in their runs), then I might be able to overlook how they got in. If I am judging the best teams of the decade, regular season records, division titles and conference championships are all part of it. The best teams don't need to rely on other teams choking time and time again to clinch a playoff spot. Since 2000, the Jets have gone into the final game of the season 7 times not knowing if they would qualify or not.

If the Jets were 2 games ahead of Miami and the Dolphins needed them to choke in order to clinch, it would matter. The facts are the Dolphins didn't need the Jets to choke for either of their division titles. The 00 Jets never had a better record the last 7 games of the season. Going into week 17 Miami didn't need to rely on any other team losing (that they did not play) to win the division. The 02 Jets were 2 games behind Miami with 2 games left to play. The Jets had nothing to do with Miami losing the final 2 games. The 08 Jets were tied at 9-5 with a game against each other still left. Miami had everything to do with the Jets loss in week 17 since they were the team that beat them. That was not the case with the 02 Jets division title.

4 playoff wins in 2 seasons doesn't change the previous 8 years of mediocrity.

you have us confused, the jealousy stems from Miami making the playoffs once since 2002 while you have seen the Jets in the playoffs over and over again. This current 2 year drought is our longest since 1996-1997(also happened in '07 & '08), you are currently in a 4 year drought and 10 of the last 11 seasons.
    I know you know this, but the Jets only have 3 more playoff apps than the Dolphins (who have been terrible) since 2000. The Jets haven't had consecutive playoff apps since 2001 / 2002 and that was thanks to the Dolphins choking.
    Quote Quote  

2. -92
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So far, 26 average, know nothing or homeristic fans here in the No-Spin Zone, have decreed these versions of the NYJ to be as far removed from the normal, reasonable and objective meaning of "Elite" as Charlie Sheen is from abstinence and sobriety. But what do we know, right?

"Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."
    Margaret Mead

Quote Quote  

3. -93
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Ford LogoTannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    you are all over the place w/ this issue, there's no reason to keep discussing it.
    This is how you work. You claim I'm doing something I'm not and since you don't have any comebacks, I'm the problem and now you're done talking about it. Have you admitted you were wrong to any human being on earth?

Quote Quote  

4. -94
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Had View Post
    LOL...the jets are a dumpster fire and will be for many years to come. Rex was lucky to get hired into a good team and had 2 good years. It's been down hill year after year. But I have to admit the circus is a blast to watch...the only way it can get better is if they hire Rob Ryan
    I've been on here since 2004. I have heard that line or a similar line in:

2006, we made the playoffs
    2008, we finished 9-7
    2009, made title game

Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    You have yet to prove that I'm changing my opinions. You accuse me of changing the definition of what elite is and when you don't have any evidence, you panic and then spout off about me being all over the place.
    the proof is in your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    It might not matter to you as a Jets fan, (who wants to include his team as one of the best in the decade), but it matters to everyone else. If the Jets won anything meaningful during that time (like the Giants did in their runs), then I might be able to overlook how they got in. If I am judging the best teams of the decade, regular season records, division titles and conference championships are all part of it. The best teams don't need to rely on other teams choking time and time again to clinch a playoff spot. Since 2000, the Jets have gone into the final game of the season 7 times not knowing if they would qualify or not.

If the Jets were 2 games ahead of Miami and the Dolphins needed them to choke in order to clinch, it would matter. The facts are the Dolphins didn't need the Jets to choke for either of their division titles. The 00 Jets never had a better record the last 7 games of the season. Going into week 17 Miami didn't need to rely on any other team losing (that they did not play) to win the division. The 02 Jets were 2 games behind Miami with 2 games left to play. The Jets had nothing to do with Miami losing the final 2 games. The 08 Jets were tied at 9-5 with a game against each other still left. Miami had everything to do with the Jets loss in week 17 since they were the team that beat them. That was not the case with the 02 Jets division title.

4 playoff wins in 2 seasons doesn't change the previous 8 years of mediocrity.

I know you know this, but the Jets only have 3 more playoff apps than the Dolphins (who have been terrible) since 2000. The Jets haven't had consecutive playoff apps since 2001 / 2002 and that was thanks to the Dolphins choking.
    I love how badly it burns you, so much so that you have to make these lame vaark like excuses. You are better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    This is how you work. You claim I'm doing something I'm not and since you don't have any comebacks, I'm the problem and now you're done talking about it. Have you admitted you were wrong to any human being on earth?
    I proved it over and over in the other thread. i'm not wasting my time searching for it.

first it was you have to be elite the 3 years after a SB, the Giants miss 2 of the next 3 and don't win a playoff game but then you call them elite

then you call 2011 elite when according to your criteria we'd have to wat 3 years.

The Giants were elite in 2007 and 2011, you win the SB you are automatically elite in those seasons but in order to take away credit from the jets you give us your criteria but don't follow it.
    Quote Quote  

5. -95
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In other words you aren't showing me anything

I proved it over and over in the other thread. i'm not wasting my time searching for it.

first it was you have to be elite the 3 years after a SB, the Giants miss 2 of the next 3 and don't win a playoff game but then you call them elite

then you call 2011 elite when according to your criteria we'd have to wat 3 years.

The Giants were elite in 2007 and 2011, you win the SB you are automatically elite in those seasons but in order to take away credit from the jets you give us your criteria but don't follow it.
    You proved nothing. You still aren't getting it. You still aren't getting it. I never said the 2007 Giants were elite. It was only b/c the Giants won the SB in 2011 that I said the Giants were elite. Winning the SB in '07 and going 30-18 the next 3 years would not have made them elite IMO. It was the '11 SB win that sealed the deal for me.

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

I also never said a team had to be elite after winning the SB. I said they have to have success. Have you forgotten arguing about going 30-18 in the 3 years after the '07 SB win being successful or not?
    Quote Quote  

6. -96
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks

Bullseye

http://www.finheaven.com/images/impo...1/2l7xw4-1.jpg
    I've been on here since 2004. I have heard that line or a similar line in:

2006, we made the playoffs
    2008, we finished 9-7
    2009, made title game

I love how badly it burns you, so much so that you have to make these lame vaark like excuses. You are better than that.
    It's really hysterical how you're trying to call me out the way the majority on TGG call you out (justifiably) for clinging to the illusion that Buttchez when he was at his best, was ever more than a game manager or that Rex was and is more than what you have seen the last 2 years now that they have the benefit of perspective and can view reality without the use of HomerVision. FWIW, it takes balls to claim 9 wins in 09 when even your fellow fans on 2 boards understand the last 2 games were a mirage, especially considering the thrashing Ind gave you in the last half and more of the conference championship. Your record was 7-7+2 kneel downs and included not being able to close the deal at home against a dead Atl team in game 14, losing 6 out of 7, only beating Houston in the first game as the only winning team that you beat which skewed up the record vs teams that were actually trying to win, to almost .400 cumulatively that year. I love how you're randomly called out by knowledgeable jest fans who can't abide by your homerisim.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/impo.../2e4vr5x-1.jpg
    Quote Quote  

7. -97
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Calling the Jets in any year "elite" is something only Jets fans do. They think backing into the wildcard a couple times and getting half way through the playoffs makes them elite. It's the inferiority to the Giants that infects their thinking. They're like some dumb schmuck that's got to tell you their elite because they know deep down, everyone knows the truth.

The Jets are the clowns of the NFL... You know when you've done something, when the entire NFL wishes for your death and destruction. When every team in the NFL wants you to fail and can't wait until your demise. It happened to the Steelers. It happened to Dallas. It happened to SF.

The NFL laughs at the Jets clowns. The NFL prays for the Patriots to fail. That's the difference between delusion and elite.
    Quote Quote  

8. -98
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hey hey! The Jets are elite, somewhat, has 1 vote!

Quote Quote  

9. -99
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    it doesn't matter if zero jealous dolphin fans vote against us, we know this vote is a sham. When you are a top 2 team in your coonference you are elite.
    Quote Quote  

10. -100
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    it doesn't matter if zero jealous dolphin fans vote against us, we know this vote is a sham. When you are a top 2 team in your coonference you are elite.
    Do the same poll on your site and let's see the results
    Quote Quote