Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: The '09-'11 Jets Elite? Yea or Nay?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! 2 of those 3 years playing for the Conference Championship = "Elite"

1 2.33%
  • Yes (somewhat): Elite in '09 and '10 but surely not in '11

1 2.33%
  • No! No Superbowl, not even a division championship.

15 34.88%
  • No! One legit year in '10 sandwiched between Colts giftwrapping and mediocrity

26 60.47%
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: The '09 -'11 Jets Elite? Yea or Nay?

1. -151
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

The '09 -'11 Jets Elite? Yea or Nay?

Wait you think the Kyle orton / Tim tebow led broncos were elite?
    Quote Quote  

2. -152
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by cbreeden View Post
    I thought of that while I was typing but like you said there are a ton of variables. I guess you could also include the 70's Vikings (consumate bridesmaid) and the 80's Broncos for 'best of the rest'. IMO only elite teams have hardware. Hence, no Jets!
    To me yes. You can't be elite if you can't succeed in the ultimate goal for your existence.

Quote Quote  

3. -153
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    This isn't about Miami.

Any chance the Jets had is irrelevant when they lost 30 to 17.

So the 2011 (8-8) (Tebow) Broncos were elite? The 2010 (7-9) Seahawks were elite?
    If Seattle went 7-9 and into the divisional rd back to back years they'd have to be elite. It's the Jets logic.
    Quote Quote  

4. -154
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Had View Post
    Have you guys ever thought for just a minute that everybody else is wrong and only nyjunk is right
    the odds are much better of that than the other way around. You guys go ahea dnad be average fans, judge based on stats/rankings. That's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by teemu7 View Post
    Wait you think the Kyle orton / Tim tebow led broncos were elite?
    can anyone read? Not by itself but back to back years int he div rd makes Den elite the last 2 years overall.

Quote Originally Posted by teemu7 View Post
    Miami was not elite in the 90's and I doubt anyone here would tell you otherwise

Post the poll on your forum and let's see if we are the crazy ones. Just ****ing do it.
    Miami 1990-1994 or 1995 was an elite team in the AFC.

I don't care what silly polls tell us. Tou ant the results you can post it.

Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    If Seattle went 7-9 and into the divisional rd back to back years they'd have to be elite. It's the Jets logic.
    are teams judged on reg seasons or postseasons? are the Giants not elite b/c they went 9-7 last year? is it better to have a better reg season then fail in the playoffs or a medicore reg season and succeed in the playoffs? Do you think Atl was ok w/ great reg seasons and not winning playoff games? ask NE fans how they felt in '09-'10, ask Bronco fans how they are feeling today.
    Quote Quote  

5. -155
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post

Don't forget the texans and the bengals...2 more elite teams
    Quote Quote  

6. -156
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MR NFLFAN View Post
    did Cincy win a playoff game? I don't think all teams that make the div rd are elite but Hou has been one of the best reg season teams and they have made the div rd both years so I'd put them in the AFC elite category the last 2 years.
    Quote Quote  

7. -157
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    are teams judged on reg seasons or postseasons? are the Giants not elite b/c they went 9-7 last year? is it better to have a better reg season then fail in the playoffs or a medicore reg season and succeed in the playoffs? Do you think Atl was ok w/ great reg seasons and not winning playoff games? ask NE fans how they felt in '09-'10, ask Bronco fans how they are feeling today.
    The Jets aren't elite. You accuse everyone else of deflecting when it's your specialty.

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MR NFLFAN View Post
    So being elite really is kind of easy huh? Who knew?
    Quote Quote  

8. -158
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    so for any of the mods/admins around here, can we make a decision to change our resident troll's nick from "nyjunc" to "nypunc" as he has demonstrated that he knows that even to partisan jest fans, the notion of the 09-11 versions of the jest by all objective measurements being "elite" is absurd! You can change it back when he initiates the poll on TGG.

Hell, just remove the "wiggle room" since he has asserted that the aura of elitism has stretched out to '11 despite the actual stench that season. So until junk starts a TGG one question poll: "Were the 09-11 jets teams "elite" (yes or no)," to those of us who know him and his shenanigans best, it's an acknowledgement that even he doesn't have the courage of his convictions when it comes to this assertion.

He's claimed that this board is biased so the results are skewed. Let's see what the rank and file jets fans decide on the most homeristic of all 3 major puke green boards. If not, he's just revealing himself as an agitating troll who doesn't believe most of what he claims, even beyond this.

ANNOUNCING a new FH smiley. Use it judiciously and selectively as to not diminish its impact!

Quote Quote  

9. -159
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    the odds are much better of that than the other way around. You guys go ahea dnad be average fans, judge based on stats/rankings. That's ok.

can anyone read? Not by itself but back to back years int he div rd makes Den elite the last 2 years overall.

Miami 1990-1994 or 1995 was an elite team in the AFC.

I don't care what silly polls tell us. Tou ant the results you can post it.

Playoff wins can be just as skewed as stats and rankings, yet that is the only thing you go by to determine if a team is one of the best or not. Other things need to be considered. Different teams face different competition in the playoffs. Some teams might face easier competition and get a win in a WC round while a better team faces tougher competition and loses.

The only thing that would make me overlook a mediocre regular season record is if that team goes all the way and wins the Super Bowl. The Giants are the only team in the history of the NFL to win the Super Bowl with a 9-7 regular season record. There is a reason why it has only happened once in 47 years.

Please go ahead and ask Bronco fans if they want Tebow (and the 2011 team that won a playoff game) or Manning (and the 2012 team that didn't win a playoff game). It will be a landslide. Ask NE fans if they would prefer to have the Jets 09 / 10 roster that won 4 playoff games over their 09 / 10 roster that didn't win a playoff game.
    Quote Quote  

10. -160
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalXbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo

Re: The '09 -'11 Jets Elite? Yea or Nay?

Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    Playoff wins can be just as skewed as stats and rankings, yet that is the only thing you go by to determine if a team is one of the best or not. Other things need to be considered. Different teams face different competition in the playoffs. Some teams might face easier competition and get a win in a WC round while a better team faces tougher competition and loses.

The only thing that would make me overlook a mediocre regular season record is if that team goes all the way and wins the Super Bowl. The Giants are the only team in the history of the NFL to win the Super Bowl with a 9-7 regular season record. There is a reason why it has only happened once in 47 years.

Please go ahead and ask Bronco fans if they want Tebow (and the 2011 team that won a playoff game) or Manning (and the 2012 team that didn't win a playoff game). It will be a landslide. Ask NE fans if they would prefer to have the Jets 09 / 10 roster that won 4 playoff games over their 09 / 10 roster that didn't win a playoff game.
    I can speak for Bronco fans. Not a damned one has said they want Tebow back after that playoff loss.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.
    Quote Quote