Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: The '09-'11 Jets Elite? Yea or Nay?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! 2 of those 3 years playing for the Conference Championship = "Elite"

1 2.33%
  • Yes (somewhat): Elite in '09 and '10 but surely not in '11

1 2.33%
  • No! No Superbowl, not even a division championship.

15 34.88%
  • No! One legit year in '10 sandwiched between Colts giftwrapping and mediocrity

26 60.47%
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: The '09 -'11 Jets Elite? Yea or Nay?

1. -201
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I can be convinced, you just better have a rock solid case top convince me and that rarely happens.

I do talk down to people at times, I apologize for that. You have to understand how I am constantly under attack by so many folks here simply b/c I root for a rival team. Sometimes I go overboard to but I think I do a good job of taking all that comes at me w/o losing it.
    I get that people attack you but it's probably b/c you don't budge in any of your arguments and a lot of what you say is negative towards the Dolphins, true or not. I applaud you for being here for years, I don't know how you do it. Especially when you say the same thing over and over again.

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

This is MY board, I am amillion times mope valuable here than someone like you. B/c I don't root for the home team means nothing.
    Saying **** like this doesn't help your cause. None of us are more valuable than the other here. We all make the site what it is.

Quote Quote  

2. -202
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 11
Gift received at 09-22-2014, 08:04 PM from Flip Tanneflop
Message: You will need this when Moore comes in and starts connecting with Wallace on deep throws.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinfanInBuffalo View Post
    No. Not elite. The Jets played 54 games between 2009-2011. They won 32 and lost 22. How the hell does that qualify for elite?

Junc likes to ignore the 7 losses in the 2009 regular season and the 8 losses in the 2011 regular season. He also likes to ignore the final losses in 2009 and 2010. I am not under the delusion that the performance in the regular season doesn't count. Give the credit for good runs in the playoffs in 2009 and 2010 but that doesn't change the fact that they were a very average team for the entire 2009 regular season and below average in 2011.

If they had used the 2009-2010 seasons to create a foundation for championships (or even continued success), it would be a different conversation. People would look at those seasons as the start of something. Now they are just an aberration.
    Bump because Junc hasn't addressed the 32-22 record...
    Angry Deniers. A bunch of agenda-driven whiny clowns whose sole mission is to deny anything good that Tannehill has done and deny anything bad that the "gods of quarterbacks" have done.
    Quote Quote  

3. -203
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why was this moved to the depths? Did our resident troll start his customary whining about how unfair it is to have his bull**** repudiated en masse right there for everyone to see? The no spin (at least when it comes to having no illusions about the jest) consensus has spoken, and continues to speak very decisively. The jest have only been "elite" as per the voices in one delusional head.

Mods please restore this poll to Beasts of The East - or even better how about making it a sticky in the main forum - at least for awhile.

"geno and idzik have done the impossible: make jets fans wish
    the tanny/sanchez days were here again" > Darksider, Jetnation

Quote Quote  

4. -204
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo

they got lucky to play Atl.
    Good God. So much for being the "above average" football fan. Lucky. What a putz.
    Quote Quote  

5. -205
    Special Teams Lunatic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Pond, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    2009-2011

Most conf title game apps in NFL
    most playoff wins in AFC
    tied for most playoff wins in NFL

that is elite, sorry that bothers you guys.
    You are clearly confusing "bothers" with "makes us laugh hysterically in disbelief that someone would even suggest that".
    "If foot fetish videos of your wife surface online, and the voice of the cameraman sounds like you, just admit that it was you ... because the alternative is that someone else was filming foot fetish videos of your wife, and I'm pretty sure that's worse." - Bill Simmons's enduring lesson to Rex Ryan.
    Quote Quote  

6. -206
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Quote  

7. -207
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    I get that people attack you but it's probably b/c you don't budge in any of your arguments and a lot of what you say is negative towards the Dolphins, true or not. I applaud you for being here for years, I don't know how you do it. Especially when you say the same thing over and over again.

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Saying **** like this doesn't help your cause. None of us are more valuable than the other here. We all make the site what it is.
    I understand I'm the "enemy" and I understand my posting style will bring some harsh comments but I wish people would stick to football. Some of the responses are so childish I feel embarrassed for the other posters.

I am more valuable than him, that's not saying much about me though.

Quote Originally Posted by FinfanInBuffalo View Post
    Bump because Junc hasn't addressed the 32-22 record...
    Playoff success counts more than reg season success. Ask NE fans if they would rather have been playing for the SB in 2009 & 2010 or win the div and go home in their first playoff game.

You can be elite based on reg or postseason or a combo of both. We had good reg seasons and great postseasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Why was this moved to the depths? Did our resident troll start his customary whining about how unfair it is to have his bull**** repudiated en masse right there for everyone to see? The no spin (at least when it comes to having no illusions about the jest) consensus has spoken, and continues to speak very decisively. The jest have only been "elite" as per the voices in one delusional head.

Mods please restore this poll to Beasts of The East - or even better how about making it a sticky in the main forum - at least for awhile.
    is the queen of the douchebags attacking me again? Get busy on some bad photoshops w/ a million excuses.
    Quote Quote  

8. -208

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DrFreud'sWetDream View Post
    I understand I'm the "enemy" and I understand my posting style will bring some harsh comments but I wish people would stick to football. Some of the responses are so childish I feel embarrassed for the other posters.

I am more valuable than him, that's not saying much about me though.

Playoff success counts more than reg season success. Ask NE fans if they would rather have been playing for the SB in 2009 & 2010 or win the div and go home in their first playoff game.

You can be elite based on reg or postseason or a combo of both. We had good reg seasons and great postseasons.

is the queen of the douchebags attacking me again? Get busy on some bad photoshops w/ a million excuses.
    sez the "Princess of Excuses" parsed data and pro rating. LOL. You couldn't be more clueless or lacking in self-awareness if you were Rex Ryan standing in one of the jets imploding clubhouses!

yeah, I'm sure your "prize"* of a wife truly is the "queen of a douchebag - at this point plural , as I'm sure she's learned the difference between actual "big dicks" and "big diqueheads.

*prize = anyone married to a delusional, dullish moron overcompensating for a raging inferiority complex like you who's considered an assclown on 2 boards couldn't have had too many other romantic options.

As far as your value, I know for a FACT, that if anyone here considers you "valuable" it's as the court jester, or pro wrestling villain who stirs the pot, generates posts and makes everyone else feel that much better about themselves by comparison while poking you like a low-hanging pinata. So don't delude yourself. As far as this being your forum, you'd still be gobbling up free bandwidth Pacman-style with your OCD lastworditis and petri dish of dysfunctional pathologies as a freeloader if I didn't shame you and your then close to 20thousand passive aggressive trollish posts into supporting the site in its hour of need - and hell, it took a lot to even get you to fork over the couple of bucks for supporter status at that, you cheap mother****er.

I'm sure you'll still be sticking up for Sanchez long after he's playing in the CFL and Rex long after he's eclipsed Rich Kotite's career HC trajectory - just like you still are defending Herm Edwards, who ruined the Chiefs and hasn't been considered for a HC position since then.

Quote Quote  

9. -209
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    awww now bringing wives into it? I guess you can do that since you are alone and not even a hooker would want to touch you.

How can a "man" spend so much time posting and watching about this stuff and still not have a clue what "he" is watching? What a sad "man", you are like those twitter folks that will bash athletes b/c you know you will never see them.
    Quote Quote  

10. -210

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's funny how you accuse others of your own lack of reading comprehension, whining and a myriad of other dysfunctionalities, foibles and tomfoolery... and now this. You're as self-effacing as Michelle Ryan's cooter is monogamous. Bottom-line when the majority of 2 boards think you are an over the top homer and assclown but everyone's wrong but you.. You really need to get hold of a mirror that's not cracked.
    Quote Quote