Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: The '09-'11 Jets Elite? Yea or Nay?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! 2 of those 3 years playing for the Conference Championship = "Elite"

1 2.33%
  • Yes (somewhat): Elite in '09 and '10 but surely not in '11

1 2.33%
  • No! No Superbowl, not even a division championship.

15 34.88%
  • No! One legit year in '10 sandwiched between Colts giftwrapping and mediocrity

26 60.47%
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The '09 -'11 Jets Elite? Yea or Nay?

1. -21
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    That's awesome cowboy, Bills, Browns and dolphin fans are glad their teams have won a combined ONE playoff game since 2002 while we won 4 since 2009. I love that you guys love being losers
    Yep. Losing in the AFCCG is a grand achievement that we should all stand in awe of.

Quote Quote  

2. -22
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So far the "**** samwich" option is running better than 3:1 vs the (they can't) "show me the money" (hardware) option. I thought it would be closer. Apparently some individuals have not yet voted their oft-stated opinions (which apparently are not reinforced by much conviction).

Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    The entire premise of this thread is absurd.
    Oh no, we suck again!
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That's awesome cowboy, Bills, Browns and dolphin fans are glad their teams have won a combined ONE playoff game since 2002 while we won 4 since 2009. I love that you guys love being losers
    Please refresh my memory: Since losing Conference Championships is your measurement of success, how many times in the post merger - you know, more competitive era, has the Jets actually done more than lose a Conference Championship and actually made it into the Superbowl? Now how many times has the Fins won the Conference Championships and played in Superbowls?

Oh, that's past history you might say and you'd be right. But in a "what have you done for me lately" league, so are '09 and '10 considering that over the last 2 seasons, the Jest are 14-18 and 1-10 vs teams with winning records, and over the last 25 games they've gone 10-15. So a word to the wise: you best stop and think before calling any other franchises "losers."

Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Surprise Everyone Fins!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sacramento, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Isn't it pointless to try and share your view with someone who claimed/claims Sanchez is/was a top ten type qb? Top ten type, what does that even mean? When there are not any stats to back up a claim I'll use the word TYPE so it can be fitted into any argument?

So me one reputible reporter/gm that has claimed the Jets were ever elite. That's just as bad as trying to make the case that Sanchez is a worthy NFL qb. Even his own team's fans are ragging on his blind homerism.

But we are the less knowledgable fans???? Can't make this stuff up.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    that settles it, if a former co-worker of phinz laughs at the notion that the Jets were elite than I guess we weren't.

MOST title games
    MOST playoff wins

ELITE
    What makes him any different than you? You're just one person like he is. You aren't any more or less important. Now your eyes, your eyes are truthful and keen and you trust them so maybe they trump my co-worker and half of the human beings in this world.

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mrodriguez4096 View Post
    Isn't it pointless to try and share your view with someone who claimed/claims Sanchez is/was a top ten type qb? Top ten type, what does that even mean? When there are not any stats to back up a claim I'll use the word TYPE so it can be fitted into any argument?

So me one reputible reporter/gm that has claimed the Jets were ever elite. That's just as bad as trying to make the case that Sanchez is a worthy NFL qb. Even his own team's fans are ragging on his blind homerism.

But we are the less knowledgable fans???? Can't make this stuff up.
    Any thread where anyone argues with Junc is pointless but we do it b/c it's fun, I guess. I'd rather be getting snatch over this **** but you can't exactly do that at work. Well most can't

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    I am in Pennsylvania and in my office we have one Dolphins fan(me), one Bills fan, one Broncos fan, one Cowboys fan, one Browns fan(he was raised in Ohio) and the rest is Eagles and Steelers fans. Eagles fans actually represent the majority of the office. We talk sports almost every day at lunch and sometimes have heated debates about certain topics. One thing we all agree on is that we are glad we are not Jets fans and that they are a joke of an organization now.
    All fools who know nothing and don't trust their eyes. They don't look at logic nor they understand how the NFL works. All complete tools if you ask me.

Quote Quote  

7. -27
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

SB champs win the SB, elite teams are the top teams.

Peyton rested for a qtr and a half in week 16, bad for them good for us. we took advantage then won 2 playoff games, sorry that bothers you.
    The definition of elite:
    A group of people considered to be the best in a particular society or category, esp. because of their power, talent, or wealth.

Last I knew, if you win the Super Bowl, you're considered the best - hence you're elite. This doesn't include the 2009-2011 NY Jets.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    FIN4LIFE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    No matter how many coats of paint you put on it , 8-8 will never be elite.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

The '09 -'11 Jets Elite? Yea or Nay?

Being above average for two seasons in a row doesn't make them elite...they had the ball bounce their way in several crucial games, which is part of football I know, but to their credit they did beat a few teams who actually were elite along the way.

They were just the better team that Sunday...that's what makes the nfl great - any given sunday...

Nyjunc spouting all the elite nonsense is just that...nonsense. They have nothing to show for it, not even a division title...only jet fanatics will even remember those two years as if they accomplished something substantial.

Am I jealous of the two seasons they had? Sure...they got to enjoy back to back seasons where they played in January and had a little success...but does that make them an elite team? I honestly don't see how.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Of course it is not elite. I call these two years a fluke in an otherwise miserable history of the Jets. They were the doormats of the AFC East for almost 20 years. They had a handful of playoff appearances and that's it. Elite is Superbowl appearances. The Cowboys were once elite, so were the 49ers and even the Bills with their 4 Superbowl appearances were elite.

That NYJunc's opinion does not count one bit is clearly shown by the lack of support he gets on his home forum. If Jets fans don't take him serious why should we?

Jets elite? Not even debatable.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome
    Quote Quote