Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: The '09-'11 Jets Elite? Yea or Nay?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! 2 of those 3 years playing for the Conference Championship = "Elite"

1 2.33%
  • Yes (somewhat): Elite in '09 and '10 but surely not in '11

1 2.33%
  • No! No Superbowl, not even a division championship.

15 34.88%
  • No! One legit year in '10 sandwiched between Colts giftwrapping and mediocrity

26 60.47%
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The '09 -'11 Jets Elite? Yea or Nay?

1. -31
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Yep. Losing in the AFCCG is a grand achievement that we should all stand in awe of.
    winning 4 playoff games, losing 2 title games looks like the greatest dynasty in football compared to one playoff app and ZERO playoff wins in the last 11 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    What makes him any different than you? You're just one person like he is. You aren't any more or less important. Now your eyes, your eyes are truthful and keen and you trust them so maybe they trump my co-worker and half of the human beings in this world.

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

Any thread where anyone argues with Junc is pointless but we do it b/c it's fun, I guess. I'd rather be getting snatch over this **** but you can't exactly do that at work. Well most can't

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

All fools who know nothing and don't trust their eyes. They don't look at logic nor they understand how the NFL works. All complete tools if you ask me.
    we are all entitled to our opinions but what is the point of bringing up a co-workers opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by steeda View Post
    The definition of elite:
    A group of people considered to be the best in a particular society or category, esp. because of their power, talent, or wealth.

Last I knew, if you win the Super Bowl, you're considered the best - hence you're elite. This doesn't include the 2009-2011 NY Jets.
    So I guess Peyton and Aaron Rodgers aren't elite? we can only have 1 elite in any category according to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytona Fin View Post
    No matter how many coats of paint you put on it , 8-8 will never be elite.

Of course 8-8 is not elite, I never said it was. Our 2 elite seasons were '09 & '10 but overall from 2009-2011 we were elite including the down year b/c we still were elite 2 of 3 seasons which is more than any other team in that span.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    we are all entitled to our opinions but what is the point of bringing up a co-workers opinion?
    I think you asked the average intelligent football fan this question in january of 2011 they'd say we were elite
    You said the above quote to DisturbedShifty so I took it a step further.

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

winning 4 playoff games, losing 2 title games looks like the greatest dynasty in football compared to one playoff app and ZERO playoff wins in the last 11 seasons.
    Again you've got this mindset that any of us here have admitted that the Dolphins are one of the best teams in the league. None of us have and that still doesn't mean the Jets are or were ever elite.

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

So I guess Peyton and Aaron Rodgers aren't elite? we can only have 1 elite in any category according to you.
    They've both gotten to and won the Super Bowl. Do that along with winning more than you lose and they're both elite. Obviously.

Quote Quote  

3. -33
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Two AFC Conference Championship losses(or do you consider yourselves Divisional Round Champions?) is not really something to hang your hat on 2-3 years later. If the Ravens beat the Broncos this weekend they will go to two straight AFC Championship games also. If they lose in the AFC Championship for a second straight time, I still am not going to hold the Ravens up in the elite category like the Patriots and Packers. Though I would definitely say the Ravens of 2011 and 2012 are FAR closer to being an elite team than the 2009 and 2010 Jets ever were.

Fact is there is only one AFC East team CURRENTLY that can even be in the "Elite" discussion and that is the New England Patriots. The rest of the AFC East has no room to even talk about elite status at this point. In 2013 I think it is safe to assume that the Patriots will again own the division, but if there was one team that has the ability to close the gap this offseason it is the Miami Dolphins. They have a head coach not on the hot seat and have established a young quarterback to build around and have a solid defense. Not to mention the third most cap room in the NFL and 5 draft picks in the top 82. The next team in the East that could also close the gap has to be the Buffalo Bills. They have a question mark at head coach(unproven) but it is a fresh start, and they have a lot of cap room. The Jets? Things probably will get worse before it starts to get better. New York is in cap hell, a coach on the hot seat, a GM job that no one really seems to want and no QB. Yikes.

I could walk around my office, my local town, hell I could just conduct a national poll asking "who is the laughing stock of the NFL?" I am pretty confident that over 80% would choose the Jets.

Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    You said the above quote to DisturbedShifty so I took it a step further.

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

Again you've got this mindset that any of us here have admitted that the Dolphins are one of the best teams in the league. None of us have and that still doesn't mean the Jets are or were ever elite.

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

They've both gotten to and won the Super Bowl. Do that along with winning more than you lose and they're both elite. Obviously.
    oh so there is only 1 elite QB per year and it's the QB that wins the SB? Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Two AFC Conference Championship losses(or do you consider yourselves Divisional Round Champions?) is not really something to hang your hat on 2-3 years later. If the Ravens beat the Broncos this weekend they will go to two straight AFC Championship games also. If they lose in the AFC Championship for a second straight time, I still am not going to hold the Ravens up in the elite category like the Patriots and Packers. Though I would definitely say the Ravens of 2011 and 2012 are FAR closer to being an elite team than the 2009 and 2010 Jets ever were.

Fact is there is only one AFC East team CURRENTLY that can even be in the "Elite" discussion and that is the New England Patriots. The rest of the AFC East has no room to even talk about elite status at this point. In 2013 I think it is safe to assume that the Patriots will again own the division, but if there was one team that has the ability to close the gap this offseason it is the Miami Dolphins. They have a head coach not on the hot seat and have established a young quarterback to build around and have a solid defense. Not to mention the third most cap room in the NFL and 5 draft picks in the top 82. The next team in the East that could also close the gap has to be the Buffalo Bills. They have a question mark at head coach(unproven) but it is a fresh start, and they have a lot of cap room. The Jets? Things probably will get worse before it starts to get better. New York is in cap hell, a coach on the hot seat, a GM job that no one really seems to want and no QB. Yikes.

I could walk around my office, my local town, hell I could just conduct a national poll asking "who is the laughing stock of the NFL?" I am pretty confident that over 80% would choose the Jets.
    yep we are a laughingstock at 6-10 w/ the 9th worst record in the league. I learn so much on here.

The Ravens are elite overall since 2008 whether they get to the SB or not.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Realistically the '09 jest did not do anything in that calendar year to make any claim of being "elite." They were 7-7 with 2 lay downs, lost 6 out of 7, managed to beat teams with a cumulative sub .400 winning record (only that high because they beat Houston in game 1). Charity notwithstanding, nor beating a dead Cinci team and a kicker who crapped the bed even more than mr 60QBR .490 completion Buttchez, that happened in 2010. You can add those "victories" to that season's 11 and you have a good 2010. Sure the jest won 2 PO games in calendar '11, but ended up 8-8 losing 5 of the last 9 games which sort of defeats any claims of elitism. So bottom line, 2010 was the Jets only good year, but far from elite since there was absolutely no hardware of any kind.

"Yep. Blow it up. This might the worst team I've ever seen constructed in my life.
    And then you throw in the terrible preparation and in-game coaching. There is no defense.
    But do it right. Fire everyone in the building. No survivors. , JiF Jetnation

Quote Quote  

6. -36
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    oh so there is only 1 elite QB per year and it's the QB that wins the SB? Interesting.

yep we are a laughingstock at 6-10 w/ the 9th worst record in the league. I learn so much on here.

The Ravens are elite overall since 2008 whether they get to the SB or not.
    It isn't your 6-10 record that makes you the laughing stock. A big reason is your foot sucking, Sanchez tattoo getting, empty predicition loud mouth head coach. The QB circus with a bad QB in Sanchez and a gimmick failure in Tebow, trash talking players who don't back it up, dirty play(by coaches and players) and the big fact that despite a poor team the Jets are in cap hell this offseason. Other things such as the butt fumble, quarterback on punt protection and in house fighting go into the laughing stock forumla. Rex Ryan skipping town to go to the Bahamas when he was supposed to give a simple press conference adds fuel to the fire. People laugh less at the Chiefs than they do the Jets. That says something.

Don't you see all the sports people chuckle when they talk about the Jets? It isn't because they are thinking of a funny joke they heard earlier in the day, the joke is the Jets. The Jets won't be good in 2013 and even matching the 6-10 record they got this year might be difficult to achieve. Buffalo will give the keys to the East basement to the Jets next season. Book it.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    they chuckle b/c the Jets are relevant, something we haven't been able to say about Miami since Marino was QB.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Pimpin' ain't easy

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    outside the beltway
    Thanks / No Thanks

Of course 8-8 is not elite, I never said it was. Our 2 elite seasons were '09 & '10 but overall from 2009-2011 we were elite including the down year b/c we still were elite 2 of 3 seasons which is more than any other team in that span.
    And to think, you actually believe the **** that comes out of your piehole.

There's a reason you've earned the 'Spin Meister' badge. Go HOMER.......Go HOMER.......it's your birthday.......Go HOMER!!
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Pimpin' ain't easy

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    outside the beltway
    Thanks / No Thanks
    they chuckle b/c the Jets are relevant, something we haven't been able to say about Miami since Marino was QB.
    As joke material!
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The reason the Jets are "relevant" is because of how messed up and a circus the team is. ESPN wasn't parked outside Jets training camp this year because the Jets are an "elite" team or even a good team. It is because they are the league punch line and continue to give up new tabloid type news. They couldn't wait to see what dumb thing Rex would say next or what mistake Sanchez would do next. Putting Tebow on Special Teams was hilarious and the media eats up that kind of drama and dysfunction.

The Jets are "relevant" for all the wrong reasons and believe me no one is talking about them because they won two divisional round games three years ago.
    Quote Quote