Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: The '09-'11 Jets Elite? Yea or Nay?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! 2 of those 3 years playing for the Conference Championship = "Elite"

1 2.33%
  • Yes (somewhat): Elite in '09 and '10 but surely not in '11

1 2.33%
  • No! No Superbowl, not even a division championship.

15 34.88%
  • No! One legit year in '10 sandwiched between Colts giftwrapping and mediocrity

26 60.47%
Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The '09 -'11 Jets Elite? Yea or Nay?

1. -81
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    You disagreeing with me doesn't mean I'm "off course is your definition of elite which we have discussed numerous times."

I had said the 2011 Giants were elite b/c in winning the Super Bowl in 2011 they had won twice in five years and in between SB titles they went 30-18. To me, PhinzN703, that is elite. MY opinion.

Here's an example: 2002 Tampa Bay Bucs. They won the SB and went 12-20 the following two seasons. If they were elite, why would they go 12-20?
    you said you evaluate based on the next 3 years and based on that '07 NYG wasn't elite b/c they missed 2 of the next 3 postseasons and didn't win a postseason game. 2011 is TBD but not off to a good start missing the playoffs again.

TB was elite 1999-2002, it doesn't have to start w/ the SB title. They were one of the best teams in the NFC.
    Quote Quote  

2. -82
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    you said you evaluate based on the next 3 years and based on that '07 NYG wasn't elite b/c they missed 2 of the next 3 postseasons and didn't win a postseason game. 2011 is TBD but not off to a good start missing the playoffs again.

TB was elite 1999-2002, it doesn't have to start w/ the SB title. They were one of the best teams in the NFC.
    I never once said the 2007 Giants were elite so your argument is already voided. TB to you is elite and that's fine b/c it's your opinion. I don't expect everyone to agree with what my view of elite is.

Quote Quote  

3. -83
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    I never once said the 2007 Giants were elite so your argument is already voided. TB to you is elite and that's fine b/c it's your opinion. I don't expect everyone to agree with what my view of elite is.
    you are all over the place w/ this issue, there's no reason to keep discussing it.
    Quote Quote  

4. -84
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    They didn't have the Brady Pats to worry about, if they did they wouldn't have won div titles or made SBs either.
    Those early and mid 80s Marino lead teams WERE the Brady Pats ya dolt. Of course they didnt have to worry about a team like that.........THEY WERE THAT TEAM. Other teams worried about them.
    Quote Quote  

5. -85
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Those early and mid 80s Marino lead teams WERE the Brady Pats ya dolt. Of course they didnt have to worry about a team like that.........THEY WERE THAT TEAM. Other teams worried about them.
    no they weren't, Miami had some really good teams but a better comparison for the 00s Pats would be the 80s Niners which thrashed you in SB XIX
    Quote Quote  

6. -86
    Average Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    no they weren't, Miami had some really good teams but a better comparison for the 00s Pats would be the 80s Niners which thrashed you in SB XIX
    You sure are one jelous jet fan
    Quote Quote  

7. -87
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Had View Post
    You sure are one jelous jet fan
    you have us confused, the jealousy stems from Miami making the playoffs once since 2002 while you have seen the Jets in the playoffs over and over again. This current 2 year drought is our longest since 1996-1997(also happened in '07 & '08), you are currently in a 4 year drought and 10 of the last 11 seasons.
    Quote Quote  

8. -88
    Average Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    you have us confused, the jealousy stems from Miami making the playoffs once since 2002 while you have seen the Jets in the playoffs over and over again. This current 2 year drought is our longest since 1996-1997(also happened in '07 & '08), you are currently in a 4 year drought and 10 of the last 11 seasons.
    LOL...the jets are a dumpster fire and will be for many years to come. Rex was lucky to get hired into a good team and had 2 good years. It's been down hill year after year. But I have to admit the circus is a blast to watch...the only way it can get better is if they hire Rob Ryan
    Quote Quote  

9. -89
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    you are all over the place w/ this issue, there's no reason to keep discussing it.
    You have yet to prove that I'm changing my opinions. You accuse me of changing the definition of what elite is and when you don't have any evidence, you panic and then spout off about me being all over the place.
    Quote Quote  

10. -90
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    http://www.finheaven.com/images/impo.../2ntird5-1.jpg

"Confused" is thinking a team that has always come up short of winning at least 3 post season games, has never won a Conference Championship in the more competitive and talented post merger era vs a team that actually has, making it to numerous Superbowls is actually the dog with more bite in the fight.

Quote Quote