Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Brian Gaine to Interview for Jets GM Job this Week

1. -11
    #12 #13 #23 #39 #54 #99

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not on either side of the fence here. I dont really know much about this guy. I'm just wondering what makes Brian Gaine so special. What proof do people here have that this guy is so great?
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    In the end, I don't think he will get the Jets job, and I hope he doesn't. He is Jeff's right hand man and it is never a good thing to lose key parts of our organization.

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Playstation Logo
Gift received at 03-18-2014, 10:36 PM from DisturbedShifty
Message: I saw the PS controller so I figured you'd like the PS logo as well.1972 Dolphins LogoPS4 ControllerMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91

Re: Brian Gaine to Interview for Jets GM Job this Week

Quote Originally Posted by foozool13 View Post
    I'm not on either side of the fence here. I dont really know much about this guy. I'm just wondering what makes Brian Gaine so special. What proof do people here have that this guy is so great?
    My 2p:

None of us really know, nobody ever knows until they get a chance as GM. But he had an excellent record as a scout and worked his way up through the ranks. He is well thought of by the Dolphins players and staff and has a good reputation throughout front offices and media across the NFL.

He is a young well thought of executive who knows Philbin and would provide stability if he took over as GM. That is why I would be sad to lose him. Do I know he would be a success? Of course not but I have read and heard a lot of good things and I am a big fan of promoting from within.
    Last edited by uk_dolfan; 01-09-2013 at 03:16 PM.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by foozool13 View Post
    Its Finheaven, and posters dont need proof to back up their fanatsies
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    In the end, I don't think he will get the Jets job, and I hope he doesn't. He is Jeff's right hand man and it is never a good thing to lose key parts of our organization.
    I dont think he gets it either. Its possible he doesnt even want it. I think he wants his name out there though in case Ireland never leaves Miami. I wouldn't be surprised if he holds out 1 more year in Miami to see if he gets promoted. He is young an will have plenty of opportunities, so he might as well choose the right one. There is no rush for him.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    I dont think he gets it either. Its possible he doesnt even want it. I think he wants his name out there though in case Ireland never leaves Miami. I wouldn't be surprised if he holds out 1 more year in Miami to see if he gets promoted. He is young an will have plenty of opportunities, so he might as well choose the right one. There is no rush for him.
    ...or maybe he thinks Ireland and his staff gets cleaned out next year and takes the next best job.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Only plus i can see is it will take whoever their new GM is years to turn that franchise around.

Old players, $19 million over the cap, horrific quarterback situation with no readily available fixes...That team is in bad shape. If Gaine grabs the job, he will have his work cut out for him.
    Honestly it's a very easy fix. You cut Jason Smith (due 12 mil, $0 guaranteed) you cut Bart Scott, you cut Calvin Pace. Even with the cap penalties, you're still taking a full 27 million dollars off the cap. Cut buttfumble in July, spread that cap hit out. You've now got 14-15 million in cap room. Sign Alex Smith to a 3 year/30 million/15 guaranteed contract. Smith is "game manager" to "good", and that's a huge upgrade for the Jets.

They are in no real trouble, and it shocks me to keep seeing people say they are in trouble for years.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finitis23 View Post
    just saw it on twitter per Ben Volin ... damn Jets always trying to pick from our team. most times i don't care when they do it because most times it ends up being a scrub, but this time i'm bothered because Gaine seems like he has a real bright future as an NFL GM

THOUGHTS?
    If Gaine's smart he'd wait for a better job. buttfumble's ridiculous contract, the only team in the NFL over the cap...over by 19 mill! No real players on contract at the skill positions on O, a terrible O-Line, aging defense and a roster littered w/ overpaid underperforming vets.
    I don't care how good you are, that's a losing situation.

On another note, how do you guys know Gaine is that good of a personnel guy?

This could be an ignorant statement, because all I know about the guy is that he works w/ Ireland, you'd think if everyone hates Ireland, they'd hate him...or is this a case of everyone's favorite player being the backup quarterback?
    Supporter of logic and organizational consistency

Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WesternNYDolfan View Post
    buttfumble's ridiculous contract, the only team in the NFL over the cap..
    Neither of these are true. buttfumble's contract is easy to get rid of it (you have to eat 5 mil in dead cap, but whatever) and the Jets are *not* the only NFL team over the cap. Seriously, you can google search it for 5 seconds and find out how wrong that is. There are 4 teams. Not one.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Winning is a Habit

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Dolphin1972 Dolphins LogoJurassic WorldCam Wake 91
    For what it's worth...

Armando Salguero Brian Gaine expressed serious concerns #Dolphins were overpaying Cam Wake when he came to team from CFL. He was overruled. Thankfully.

- Hall of Fame Safety Rod Woodson on Dan Marino playing in today's NFL:
    "...the best quarterback I believe is Dan Marino..."
    "If he played with these rules, he'd throw for 100,000 yards."

Twitter
    - https://twitter.com/ciscoholgate

Quote Quote