Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Brian Gaine to Interview for Jets GM Job this Week

1. -81
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Jets just hired John Idzik as their GM, so it looks like Brian Gaine is staying in Miami.

Quote Quote  

2. -82
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    can't wait for the fire Ross crowd to bitch and moan about another parcell's person staying on the team.
    "I didn't feel like we had to score," Tannehill said. "I had the mindset we were going to score."

Quote Quote  

3. -83
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    It should definately be a do or die year for Ryan but I do think that is worth giving him the extra year
    If it is definitely a do or die year for Ryan (I believe it is), then I think they are just wasting a year. The odds of him having a successful season next year are very slim. Rex is in a really bad spot. If he is going to get fired next year after a bad season, you might as well have done it before the new GM was hired, and let him bring in his own coach.
    Quote Quote  

4. -84
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wouldn't have bothered me if he went, a shake up might have done some good. I think most just wanted him to stay to step into the gm position when the inevitable finally happens anyway.
    Quote Quote  

5. -85
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

FH

I'm glad to have Gaine and consistency. In this crucial draft year I'd hate to have lost him to the Jets. I wonder if he was interviewed in an attempt to gain info on our draft and player evaluations? Probably at least in part yes, but it would have been much worse I'm sure had they picked Gaine.

FYI, Idzik is a numbers guy. They brought him in to work on their horrific cap situation. The only thing that's better than the Jets being unable to hire a new coach because they are in cap hell and financially wed to "The Sanchize" because pursuing Manning hurt his feelings, is the fact that they didn't even replace the GM with a true talent evaluator. Heh, while Idzik is a decent cap guy, I don't really see anything that tells me they'll be trading in the clown car for a porsche anytime soon.
    Quote Quote  

6. -86
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
    I'm glad to have Gaine and consistency. In this crucial draft year I'd hate to have lost him to the Jets. I wonder if he was interviewed in an attempt to gain info on our draft and player evaluations? Probably at least in part yes, but it would have been much worse I'm sure had they picked Gaine.

FYI, Idzik is a numbers guy. They brought him in to work on their horrific cap situation. The only thing that's better than the Jets being unable to hire a new coach because they are in cap hell and financially wed to "The Sanchize" because pursuing Manning hurt his feelings, is the fact that they didn't even replace the GM with a true talent evaluator. Heh, while Idzik is a decent cap guy, I don't really see anything that tells me they'll be trading in the clown car for a porsche anytime soon.
    Actually Idzik has done more than crunch numbers he has done plenty of player evaluation in his career especially helping build the bucs when they won a superbowl. He also worked personnel for Arizona Cardinals.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

7. -87
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    can't wait for the fire Ross crowd to bitch and moan about another parcell's person staying on the team.

He wasnt one of the guys that was reinterviewed so its not suprising that he will stay with us. Nothing really to bitch and moan about. Now Ireland thats another story.
    Quote Quote