Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Brian Gaine to Interview for Jets GM Job this Week

1. -21
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If everyone thinks Irish has done such an awful job, why do so many people fear losing Gaine?? Isn't he a big part of the talent acquisition process here?
    FIRE FAILBIN

Joe Philbin, PowerPoint Guru (Not Head Coach Material)
    Philbin ... put it all together in a PowerPoint presentation. Everything about that presentation had to be perfect.

If any PowerPoint slide had a spelling or grammar mistake, any typo, any scheme error, that was my responsibility, just like a teacher, Philbin said.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    Honestly it's a very easy fix. You cut Jason Smith (due 12 mil, $0 guaranteed) you cut Bart Scott, you cut Calvin Pace. Even with the cap penalties, you're still taking a full 27 million dollars off the cap. Cut Sanchez in July, spread that cap hit out. You've now got 14-15 million in cap room. Sign Alex Smith to a 3 year/30 million/15 guaranteed contract. Smith is "game manager" to "good", and that's a huge upgrade for the Jets.

They are in no real trouble, and it shocks me to keep seeing people say they are in trouble for years.

Oh you armchair GMs that think the NFL is like Madden...lol ya kill me you really do.

k, say they do that, then they get Alex Smith...who's to say he's not worse than Sanchez with the NYJ's terrible line and skill position talent?

Remember, Smith was pretty terrible before Harbaugh got there, and apparently Harbaugh still doesn't think he's all that great otherwise he would've never have pulled this Kaepernick move.

So now, all you've done is add another terrible Quarterback contract, and once again failed to do what the Jets have continued to fail at the past several years...and that's truly building a talented team.

They don't have the draft picks to do it. They don't have the cap space to do it (and as a side note, the Jets and Eagles for that matter should really highlight to all you armchair QBs that championships are not one through Free Agency, so when we don't make any huge signings this off season, please don't whine like bitches about Ireland being terrible, he's being responsible and setting this team up to be able to re sign the talent it develops within, which is the most cost effective and long lasting form of building a team).

So again, this Jets vacancy is a poisonous situation (that is of course unless you are taking over as the Madden gm, in which case you can make those signings, and play a season on rookie level with 15 minute quarters so that you can run up the stats, and quickly improve your team)
    Supporter of logic and organizational consistency

Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Neither of these are true. Sanchez's contract is easy to get rid of it (you have to eat 5 mil in dead cap, but whatever) and the Jets are *not* the only NFL team over the cap. Seriously, you can google search it for 5 seconds and find out how wrong that is. There are 4 teams. Not one.
    Its actually a $17 million total cap hit if he gets cut this year, not $5 million.

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    ...or maybe he thinks Ireland and his staff gets cleaned out next year and takes the next best job.
    Gaine will eventually have a GM job in the NFL regardless of Ireland
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wheatland, WY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gears of War tagPlaystation LogoCam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo
    Crap, I hope he does not go there but if he does I bet Matt Moore is on his list players to sign.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Neither of these are true. Sanchez's contract is easy to get rid of it (you have to eat 5 mil in dead cap, but whatever) and the Jets are *not* the only NFL team over the cap. Seriously, you can google search it for 5 seconds and find out how wrong that is. There are 4 teams. Not one.
    No actually my friend you are wrong..

http://online.wsj.com/article/APaa11...d1d5df275.html
    "despite the fact Sanchez is owed $8.25 million in guarantees and would cost the Jets a $17.1 million salary cap hit if they cut him."

I was wrong about being the only team in the NFL over the cap, I read the article wrong, they are the only team in the AFC East over the cap
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Can you explain this $5 million because Sanchez's contract $20.5 million yet he was paid only $7,853,125
    wouldn't that be over a $12 million dollar cap hit ? Am I missing something?
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    whatever. Even if we fired ireland and promoted this guy, he wouldn't get a fair shake, because he's another who will have the stench of parcels' stigma. one botched draft pick and the DoubleD's would be all over him like white on rice on a paper plate in a snowstorm.

ArmandoSalguero Brian Gaine expressed serious concerns #Dolphins were overpaying Cam Wake when he came to team from CFL. He was overruled. Thankfully.
    "I didn't feel like we had to score," Tannehill said. "I had the mindset we were going to score."

Quote Quote  

8. -28
    All-Star

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tbh I don't know much about Gaine but he seems to have a backup QB feel to me. Everybody loves the backup QB (Gaine) if you don't like the starter (Ireland). My biggest concern is that if he gets the Jets job he will have intimate knowledge of our scouting and offseason plans which obviously you'd prefer a key divisional rival not to have
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Only plus i can see is it will take whoever their new GM is years to turn that franchise around.

Old players, $19 million over the cap, horrific quarterback situation with no readily available fixes...That team is in bad shape. If Gaine grabs the job, he will have his work cut out for him.
    we still have a young/i their prime core to build around. The QB needs to be fixed but he ahs shown he can win in this league so the new OC will have to bring that back out of him. There's no job in this league that cannot be turned around quickly, that's how the league is these days. the worst team one year can be a playoff team the next and vice versa.

Gaine was a Jet before he was a dolphin by the way
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    Its actually a $17 million total cap hit if he gets cut this year, not $5 million.

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

Gaine will eventually have a GM job in the NFL regardless of Ireland
    A bird in hand are better than two in the bush.
    Quote Quote