Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Brian Gaine to Interview for Jets GM Job this Week

1. -41
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    I saw that Tweet. All I got to say is, one, people can miss once and awhile and two, there is a reason teams the last two years have wanted to interview him...he is a rising star.
    Ireland was a rising star when we got him.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is fantastic news. I hope he gets the job. It works out so well for the jests when they pick up our remnants of the parcells regime... For those of you wringing your hands over this, get over it. You're excited over a man who has accomplished nothing, is a part of the failed Parcells era, and the protege of Jeff Ireland. This is no loss. You've attached this value to a man you all do not know simply because he has some perceived buzz around him in this league. So did Ireland. It's all intangible fluff. I don't like Gaine's background. I don't think the tepid interest shown in him by **** franchises like St Louis and the jests mean anything. I want the Parcells stink completely out of our FO.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogwai View Post
    This is fantastic news. I hope he gets the job. It works out so well for the jests when they pick up our remnants of the parcells regime... For those of you wringing your hands over this, get over it. You're excited over a man who has accomplished nothing, is a part of the failed Parcells era, and the protege of Jeff Ireland. This is no loss. You've attached this value to a man you all do not know simply because he has some perceived buzz around him in this league. So did Ireland. It's all intangible fluff. I don't like Gaine's background. I don't think the tepid interest shown in him by **** franchises like St Louis and the jests mean anything. I want the Parcells stink completely out of our FO.
    And you sir, have proven my point.

Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Phins-Spotlight.com

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This does indeed suck. I would have preferred Gaine replace Ireland in-house.
    --
    Chris J. Nelson

About me:
    I am a production assistant for Turner Sports and I love my job. I also love the Dolphins and have been writing my own blog since 2007. I would love if you gave it a look and considered it as part of your regular Dolphins web rotation.

Visit my blog at phins-spotlight.com and follow me on twitter @phinsspotlight!
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Finheaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I was afraid of this. Great move by them if they pull the trigger.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJNelson View Post
    This does indeed suck. I would have preferred Gaine replace Ireland in-house.
    Why?
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    If everyone thinks Irish has done such an awful job, why do so many people fear losing Gaine?? Isn't he a big part of the talent acquisition process here?
    He can have as big a role as he wants in the talent evaluation process, but the fact is that Ireland has final say OVER him in "talent" acquisition decisions. I don't know about every1 else, but the reasons why i would favor Gaine staying here is because i'm hoping he gets his shot to be GM HERE maybe next year if Ireland blows this upcoming season. He is well respected among his NFL peers & doesn't have the negative rep that some free agents have reportedly labeled Ireland with in the past (true or not). Also, he has a history with Philbin & would provide continuity among the front office, instead of bringing in a new GM from a different team. That way all bases are covered if Ireland ends up being the scape goat if the team sucks in 2013, because if the team continues to suck in 2014 (& maybe 2015), Rosss can just completely clean house (Philbin, staff, & GM) without people saying that he didn't give his brand new GM enough time to put things together.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Casas9425 View Post
    Armando Salguero just wrote on twitter that Gaine didn't want to pay Cam Wake what the Dolphins were offering and was thankfully overruled. Salguero hints that Gaine is a moron.
    but according to finheaven, Salguero is also a moron ... so what does that mean lol
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    Ireland was a rising star when we got him.
    Ireland was only a rising star because the "GREAT" Tuna said he was
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    You could have had free beer, for shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why would he want to be handcuffed to a **** coach and a **** QB with a **** cap situation?
    Once Dmac is drafted a Dmac Jersey will spontaneously materialize in the closet of each and every Dolfan...

...and not that replica crap either...
    Quote Quote