Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Brian Gaine to Interview for Jets GM Job this Week

1. -61
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    I dont live in a trailer park. Care to translate?
    On what planet is that saying low class? And on what planet does someone who lives in ORLANDO feel the right to call someone trailer park?
    Quote Quote  

2. -62
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Fan in Cali View Post
    Ross must as he gave him the promotion and put him right under Ireland. Perhaps to put some motivation under Ireland as to if the future is not bright his replacement could be in house.

well if Ross is on this board I want to have a convo. I think we were forced to give him some type of promotion since other teams are looking at him. Could bite if he leaves and Ross is forced to fire Ireland this year
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back

WVdolphan "Ireland gets it.
    And those who also get it, know that Ireland gets it. Those who are clueless are still concerned about cornfed and the running game"

WVDOLPHAN "The last thing this team should be worried about is the OC(offensive corn). When you add it all up, its really a pretty solid OC"
    Quote Quote  

3. -63
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    well if Ross is on this board I want to have a convo. I think we were forced to give him some type of promotion since other teams are looking at him. Could bite if he leaves and Ross is forced to fire Ireland this year
    Bro I think Ross knew what he had. I already brought this up in another forum that it could be a double whammy. Gaine goes to the Jets and knows our players and knows what we need to the T, and then if Ireland has a bad year, we will more than likely have to go outside the organization.

Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

Quote Quote  

4. -64
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    A lot of people I respect within and outside of the Dolphins respect him and say he will be a top GM... that coupled with wanting a fresh start away from Ireland and a desire for stability makes me want to give him a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJNelson View Post
    This is his second straight year interviewing for a GM gig and reports have said that he's well-regarded. That's all we know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Fan in Cali View Post
    Maybe here in the main forum but has been mentioned several times in VIP before this came up.
    Ahhh I see, how much is VIP again?

If all I hear it true then I can say I'd be upset to see him go, especially to the Jets. I'd hate to see any of our staff go to a team in our division and do well to be honest. Not an over the top anti-Ireland guy, but wouldn't mind a little shuffle at the GM position at this point.
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by russianbear View Post
    Ahhh I see, how much is VIP again?

If all I hear it true then I can say I'd be upset to see him go, especially to the Jets. I'd hate to see any of our staff go to a team in our division and do well to be honest. Not an over the top anti-Ireland guy, but wouldn't mind a little shuffle at the GM position at this point.
    Basically bro you are keeping the doors open for all to enjoy when you sign up for VIP for a year. The conversation in the forum is gravy.

http://www.finheaven.com/join-vip
    Quote Quote  

6. -66
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    FLORIDA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    "Gaine, the Miami Dolphins' assistant general manager, has been with the team since 2008, when he was part of the former Dallas Cowboys crew that came to Miami with Bill Parcells.

Gaine began his tenure in Miami as the Assistant Director of Player Personnel and was promoted to Assistant General Manager in 2012. He's served as General Manager Jeff Ireland's right-hand man for the past five offseasons." - http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...,7623049.story

OK. So this guy is part of the Parcells tree and is the right hand man of Ireland now going on 5 years.

Can I help him pack?
    Quote Quote  

7. -67
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah, so given our personnel problems over the last few years (well, really the last decade), you would have to conclude that this guy is either A) bad at his job or B) not terribly persuasive. Either way, why does anyone here care whether we hold on to him or not? And...like the Jets have any idea what they're doing?!?!? This is the franchise that brought you the Mark buttfumble/Tim Tebow/Greg McElroy quarterback competition. Enough said. We already sent this franchise one trojan horse in the form of Tony Sparano, and now, against all reason, they have come back for a second helping.

Brian Gaine. Give me a break.
    Quote Quote  

8. -68
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...30327775031297

Jets plan to have follow-up discussions for GM job with former Bears GM Jerry Angelo, Jets assistant GM Scott Cohen and Steelers' Omar Kahn.
    Sounds like we might have dodged a bullet with Gaine apparently staying with the Dolphins.

Quote Quote  

9. -69
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jets Offense - TM - Jets
    Appearing on FOX NFL Sunday, Jay Glazer said the Jets "can't give the position away" when talking about their general manager vacancy.
    "They're calling back candidates who already turned them down," added Glazer. "Their cap situation, personnel, QB and the circus turned a lot of candidates off." One of those candidates could be 49ers director of player personnel Tom Gamble, who was once considered the odds-on-favorite for the job but may have spurned the Jets. ESPN's Adam Schefter mentioned earlier on Sunday that ex-Bears GM Jerry Angelo is a "name to watch."
    Jan 13 - 12:36 PM
    So i will take this as good news if u want Gaines to stay.

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Dang u just beat me nubs lol.
    Quote Quote  

10. -70
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He wasn't even good enough for the jest... the JEST... to call him back.

Want him replacing ireland?

That's like choosing between arsenic and strychnine.
    Ryan Tannehill. Ah, what a relief. Life is good.
    Quote Quote