Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Off-Season Suggestion Set

1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

GM Another Off-Season Suggestion Set

Sorry, I know we see these posts often, but I think this is a fairly reasonable off-season hope with potential projected cap numbers included.

Cut:
    Richard Marshall - Making too much money coming off of a back injury
    Dimitri Patterson - Making too much money for overall level of talent
    Carpenter - Set to make $3M this year, cmon, not worth it

Assuming we have $60M in cap space after cuts (conservative considering some say we will have $60M without the cuts above):

Re-sign:
    Hartline - $4M cap number
    Smith - $6M cap number
    Clemons - $2M cap number
    Garner - $1.5M cap number (depth only)
    Devlin - RFA, assume $1M cap number
    Smaller player signings - Total $2M cap number
    Reshad Jones - $5M total cap number, $4.5 greater than what 2013 would be (will be FA in 2014, sign him long term for cheaper now, he's a stud)
    Soliai - $6M total cap number, $1M less than what 2013 would be (also not a FA this year, give him a long term deal and save $1M in cap number for 2013)

Total for Re-Signings: $20M (includes Soliai ($1M) and Reshad $4.5M))
    Remaining for Draft and FA: $40M

Sign:
    Jennings - $8M cap number (Philbin likes high character guys, Wallace and Bowe are not the greatest high character, Jennings still some left in the tank)
    Andre Smith - $6M cap number (has been solid RT for the Bengals, don't believe they will re-sign him, keep Martin at LT and Smith at RT)
    Paul Kruger - $5M cap number (line him up opposite Wake, need to convert him from 3-4 OLB to 4-3 DE, question is does he have the size)
    Grimes - $8M cap number (best CB in FA, need a stud to handle team's top WR's)

Total for FA: $27M
    Remaining for Draft and Roster fillers: $13M

I'm not the greatest scout so I more threw in positions (although Lacy looked damn good the other night and would be a perfect compliment to Miller)
    Draft:
    1st: Eifert
    2nd: CB
    2nd: Lacy (perfect compliment to Lamar Miller)
    3rd: DE
    3rd: WR
    4th+: ?

Depth Chart (does not inlcude roster fillers and 4th+ round draft picks)
    QB: Tannehill, Devlin
    RB: Miller, Lacy, Thomas
    FB: Lane
    WR: Jennings, Hartline, Bess, 3rd round Rookie, Mathews, Thigpen
    TE: Eifert, Clay, Egnew
    LT: Martin
    LG: Incognito
    C: Pouncey
    RG: Jerry
    RT: Smith

LE: Kruger and Vernon
    DT: Soliai
    DT: Odrick
    RE: Wake and 3rd round rookie
    ROLB: Misi
    MLB: Dansby
    LOLB: Burnett
    CB: Grimes
    CB: Smith
    CB: Rookie 2nd rounder
    CB: Carroll
    FS: Clemons
    SS: Jones

K: Kaeding or rookie or other FA
    P: Fields
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not too bad at all. I would keep Bush and draft a little differently, though. Jennings is a very good player and will help the offense immensely, but I would double-dip and take Keenan Allen in the first round. Ertz would be the higher 2nd round choice and I might even double-dip at TE with someone like Cook in free agency.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Longing for Relevancy...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Great write up OP, however I hope you were not considering reaching for Eiffert at 12. He is projected (as of now) to fall into the mid, to late 20s. I would trade down for an additional 2nd rounder and pick him at 22-27. I was for drafting Hunter with one of those high 1st slots, but his stock seems to have taken a slight drop to the mid 2nd now. Eiffert would not be a bad pick in that situation.

"Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rent this space View Post
    Not too bad at all. I would keep Bush and draft a little differently, though. Jennings is a very good player and will help the offense immensely, but I would double-dip and take Keenan Allen in the first round. Ertz would be the higher 2nd round choice and I might even double-dip at TE with someone like Cook in free agency.
    This is what i would do. Get Jennings (even though i prefer wallace) and draft Allen or Austin in the first round. Then get Cook the TE and draft another in the 3rd or 4th. Picks 2a and 2b would be CB and Pass rusher. Outside of that not too bad of a plan.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PlexGod View Post
    This is what i would do. Get Jennings (even though i prefer wallace) and draft Allen or Austin in the first round. Then get Cook the TE and draft another in the 3rd or 4th. Picks 2a and 2b would be CB and Pass rusher. Outside of that not too bad of a plan.
    Coyle has a history of getting solid play from average veteran corners, so I think would address CB in free agency. I'm torn on DE, there are some good ones in the draft but you usually have to draft high to get a good one and I want offensive playmakers in the first couple picks
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lacy is entering the draft?
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCMiamiEast View Post
    Great write up OP, however I hope you were not considering reaching for Eiffert at 12. He is projected (as of now) to fall into the mid, to late 20s. I would trade down for an additional 2nd rounder and pick him at 22-27. I was for drafting Hunter with one of those high 1st slots, but his stock seems to have taken a slight drop to the mid 2nd now. Eiffert would not be a bad pick in that situation.
    Definitely wouldn't reach for Eiffert at 12, although I was thinking you move back to the late teens and pick up an extra pick next year (2nd) or a player. I didn't want to incorporate that into the write-up for simplicity sake.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finitis23 View Post
    Lacy is entering the draft?
    His stock rose quite a bit on Monday night (well into the 2nd round) whereas before he was projected as a late 3rd or 4th if he entered the draft. I think seeing how much his stock rose will push him to declare.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would be OK with most of that except I would rather keep Marshall for another season than sign Smith to a long term deal. Probably should extend Odrick now too. We probably should think about drafting an ILB in the first 3 rounds this year as Misi, Dansby and Burnett all have their contracts coming up.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCMiamiEast View Post
    Eifert is a first down machine, and if they are as high on him as i am, then pull the trigger at 12. With the tight end trend in the nfl, i wouldn't be surprised if he goes earlier than anticipated
    Quote Quote