Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns

1. -21
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good find.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    I would hope you're not defending this. I don't give a **** if everything he tries to do gets filibustered. The purpose of a constitution is to set up the rules for what government can and cannot do. In the US, we have a system of checks and balances that ensures we do not end up with a tyrant in control.

Regardless of the party affiliation of the POTUS, I hate the very idea of the EO existing.

And, why are you "surprised it took this long" ... are you insinuating that you thought he would try to circumvent Congress?
    Nope, I'm not defending anything. I don't think Congress should ever be circumvented. I'm stating, as someone who studies human behavior, that I'm surprised it took this long for his administration to acknowledge that House Republicans are going to filibuster everything he does, simply because he is the one proposing it, so they need to find a fix to the problem.

Regardless of anyone's view on this, I think we can all agree he was forced into doing something like this due to the Republican's inability to have a civil discussion on any bill. Instead, they filibuster everything that comes through. They don't read anything, they don't consider it, they just filibuster it. You push someone too far, they will fight back. This is Obama fighting back, and now everyone is acting like he is all out of line and flipping everyone off. This is a natural action/consequence reaction we're seeing here. If House Republicans had acted like adults instead of spoiled little girls with dirty tampons, this wouldn't ever have even come to mind. The bed has been made, time for those Republicans to sleep in it...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Bottom line: It is not the job of the executive branch of government to create legislation.

The executive branch has the job of enforcing laws made by the legislative branch. By circumventing Congress, he's simply threatining to overstep the bounds of his authority.
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Quote  

4. -24

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    Bottom line: It is not the job of the executive branch of government to create legislation.

The executive branch has the job of enforcing laws made by the legislative branch. By circumventing Congress, he's simply threatining to overstep the bounds of his authority.
    So what does he do when the legislative branch refuses to do it's job? Just sit by and let the country stagnate until Republicans get the sand out of their vaginas and decide to do their job? I don't agree with his action, but I applaud his boldness. Something had to be done and he is making a choice the difficult choice to do it. Maybe the threat will be enough to get these *******s to actually cooperate. And if not, maybe when they see he isn't joking, they'll start working. Or worst case scenario, this breaks the checks and balances of our government, at which point each and every House Republican is just as culpable as Obama in this, and should be subject to identical treatment...
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Last time I checked Obama just got a sweetheart deal with the fiscal cliff. He got Obamacare, expansion of the military budgets, bailouts and attack our liberties with things like NDAA and Patriot Act extensions. He got what he wanted. So I'm not believing all this "blame the GOP" stuff for Obama acting like a king. While totally disregarding the separations of powers and rule of law.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

6. -26

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    Last time I checked Obama just got a sweetheart deal with the fiscal cliff. He got Obamacare, expansion of the military budgets, bailouts and attack our liberties with things like NDAA and Patriot Act extensions. He got what he wanted. So I'm not believing all this "blame the GOP" stuff for Obama acting like a king. While totally disregarding the separations of powers and rule of law.
    No, he didn't get what he wanted. He compromised with House Republicans to get something passed, but not what his original budget was. But something was passed, and it was better than the tax rates on every single American going up. It's what compromise looks like, and it's how the government was designed to work. I'm not throwing blame entirely on the GOP. But these partisan douchebags acting like Obama is the sole bad guy here need to be reminded of why he was forced to go this route...
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    No, he didn't get what he wanted. He compromised with House Republicans to get something passed, but not what his original budget was. But something was passed, and it was better than the tax rates on every single American going up. It's what compromise looks like, and it's how the government was designed to work. I'm not throwing blame entirely on the GOP. But these partisan douchebags acting like Obama is the sole bad guy here need to be reminded of why he was forced to go this route...

More taxes and no cuts. I hate to see what he really wanted. Forced to totally disregard the rule of law is like saying "that b**** forced me to hit her officer".
    Quote Quote  

8. -28

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    More taxes and no cuts. I hate to see what he really wanted. Forced to totally disregard the rule of law is like saying "that b**** forced me to hit her officer".
    What would you have had him done? Cut everything down to the minimum...?
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    What would you have had him done? Cut everything down to the minimum...?
    Some kind of significant cuts in spending would have been nice. Not to mention new taxes going to balancing the budget would have been the most responsible thing to do. Instead taxs go up for most of us and the debt continues it's unsustainable course. It was a horrible bill on every level.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [youtube]iQ-ugm0uAu8[/youtube]

Good vid explaining what could happen if Obama goes rogue.
    Quote Quote