Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35

Thread: Jets fire sale

  1. -11
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,466
    vCash:
    16902
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Had View Post
    You know you have 70 mil tied up in just 7 players? Nacho ($13M), Harris ($13M), Tone ($12.5M), Cro ($10.75), Ferguson ($10.75M), Mangold ($9.1M), Revis ($9M)

    Good luck...looks like you guys are going to need a bunch of CFL players fill out your roster.
    a few moves and we are well under and we'll restructure other deals. We are far from cap hell.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    WVDolphan's Avatar
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    13,969
    vCash:
    1359
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN

    Jets are $19.4M over 2013 salary cap, per ESPN. However, #NYJ will be ~ $8.3M under when they cut Jason Smith, Bart Scott & Calvin Pace
    The Jests are a giant dumpster fire.

    So basically youre telling us that the Jests must cut a few of the very few decent or better players they currently have in order to get under the cap, leaving them without enough money to resign their best FA's and only enough to sign their draftees and a few bottom tier bums to fill out their roster.

    To put it plainly, their roster will be even less talented than it already is.

    Bill Belichick on "putting the tape on"
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/18/belichick-takes-a-shot-at-experts-who-have-it-all-figured-out/


    and i say it's tom brady with better legs...he reads the field presnap like tom brady...reminds me so much of him although tannehills ahead of bradys development in year 2 imo
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Well I'll be damned. WV was right again and called this weeks in advance and everyone gets mad at him.


    SHOCKER

    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,466
    vCash:
    16902
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    The Jests are a giant dumpster fire.

    So basically youre telling us that the Jests must cut a few of the very few decent or better players they currently have in order to get under the cap, leaving them without enough money to resign their best FA's and only enough to sign their draftees and a few bottom tier bums to fill out their roster.

    To put it plainly, their roster will be even less talented than it already is.
    players that were expected to posibly get cut last year, not players that are in our long term plans. There's nothing Earth shaterring about Calvin Pace, Bart Scott and Jason Smith. Calvin & bart can still play but their best days are behind them. Jason Smith was a backup OL.

    Our roster has plenty of talent, unfortunately we had a ton of key injuries on O. If we lose Keller that will hurt, that's really the only potential loss that will hurt b/c we can't afford to lose O players. Assuming Keller and Edwards are back we'd have a decent group of weapons for the QB to throw to w/o even making a move int he draft or FA(which we will) and that was our biggest issue in 2012.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    Ben Had's Avatar
    Average Fan

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    921
    vCash:
    3326
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    players that were expected to posibly get cut last year, not players that are in our long term plans. There's nothing Earth shaterring about Calvin Pace, Bart Scott and Jason Smith. Calvin & bart can still play but their best days are behind them. Jason Smith was a backup OL.

    Our roster has plenty of talent, unfortunately we had a ton of key injuries on O. If we lose Keller that will hurt, that's really the only potential loss that will hurt b/c we can't afford to lose O players. Assuming Keller and Edwards are back we'd have a decent group of weapons for the QB to throw to w/o even making a move int he draft or FA(which we will) and that was our biggest issue in 2012.
    It's definatly a dumpster fire....You have to unload a ton of players and will only have 15 or so mil to fill out the roster, having 16 free agents and have to sign draft picks...You'll be down to only 10 starters... It's the worst cap situation in the NFL.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    WVDolphan's Avatar
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    13,969
    vCash:
    1359
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Had View Post
    It's definatly a dumpster fire....You have to unload a ton of players and will only have 15 or so mil to fill out the roster, having 16 free agents and have to sign draft picks...You'll be down to only 10 starters... It's the worst cap situation in the NFL.
    But, the bean counter was such a cap genius, mentored by Bill Parcells of course.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    PhinzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    25,986
    vCash:
    17225
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    players that were expected to posibly get cut last year, not players that are in our long term plans. There's nothing Earth shaterring about Calvin Pace, Bart Scott and Jason Smith. Calvin & bart can still play but their best days are behind them. Jason Smith was a backup OL.

    Our roster has plenty of talent, unfortunately we had a ton of key injuries on O. If we lose Keller that will hurt, that's really the only potential loss that will hurt b/c we can't afford to lose O players. Assuming Keller and Edwards are back we'd have a decent group of weapons for the QB to throw to w/o even making a move int he draft or FA(which we will) and that was our biggest issue in 2012.
    If the roster has plenty of talent then the Jets would have overcome their injuries.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,466
    vCash:
    16902
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    If the roster has plenty of talent then the Jets would have overcome their injuries.
    we did in '09 & '10, we couldn't this past year. We didn't have the depth on O to overcome losing our top 2 weapons in the pass game.

    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    But, the bean counter was such a cap genius, mentored by Bill Parcells of course.
    yeah, we've had so many cap issues through the years.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    Ben Had's Avatar
    Average Fan

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    921
    vCash:
    3326
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    a few moves and we are well under and we'll restructure other deals. We are far from cap hell.
    Well your much smarter than us average fans so tell us the moves and restructures...lets see how much you really know
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,466
    vCash:
    16902
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Had View Post
    Well your much smarter than us average fans so tell us the moves and restructures...lets see how much you really know
    That's not my job. I do know cutting Pace, Scott & Smith gets us comfrotably under the cap. I would expect a restructuring of buttfumble, Harris, Brick, Mangold to help out as well as other cuts like a Brandon Moore. we'll have enough to field a competitive team.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    Ben Had's Avatar
    Average Fan

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    921
    vCash:
    3326
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    That's not my job. I do know cutting Pace, Scott & Smith gets us comfrotably under the cap. I would expect a restructuring of buttfumble, Harris, Brick, Mangold to help out as well as other cuts like a Brandon Moore. we'll have enough to field a competitive team.
    NOT YOUR JOB
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Jets Fire Sale
    By BJJKID in forum Beasts of the AFC East
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-25-2013, 12:58 PM
  2. Fire Sale Everyone Must go!
    By Chubby in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 10-03-2011, 03:58 PM
  3. K.C. CHIEFS having a FIRE SALE?
    By PHANTASTIC 13 in forum General NFL Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-15-2006, 01:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •