Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Mock Draft Jake Long replacement

1. -31
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangeworld View Post
    That Jake long over Matt Ryan pick looks worse and worse as time goes on.

Thanks Jeff!
    Not if Matt Ryan blows yet another playoff game tommorrow. If he blows it, he will start to be talked about as the classic "cant win the big one".
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanDuBbZ~ View Post
    I go TE or WR. Eifert may not have lit up the world against Bama. But I seen enough over the course of the season, to take him. Last year I was told if Tannehill is your man, taking him at 8 isn't a reach. Well I would think those same people would be consistent when talking about this draft. Give the young developing QB what every young QB needs, a TE.
    the thing I noticed about Eifert vs. Bama was Milliner was covering him. A TE!!!

He was split out often and he runs his deep routes pretty fast for a big guy. A couple of times, even though the ball didnt go his way (that QB was not good at all), he was open or he showed that he can split out and do it well. The big play Pitts made today vs. Denver for a huge first down over the middle are the same kinds of plays Eifert would make just about every game. I just think he will do well in the NFL particularly if he ends up on a team with a good QB.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am all for getting Werner or Moore at DE. The others do not interest me at 12. I am just thinking of hitting on guys for long term studliness. Jordan is a good player, but I dont know if he would make an instant impact in the NFL his first year.

I am good with drafting the Utah DT.

I am good with getting Jake Joekle. I dont care what anyone says. Great Tackles need to be taken and guess what, we have a hole at Tackle.

I am ok with getting Tyler Eifert. I know he is a stud. What diff does it make what someone thinks he should be drafted. All I care about is knowing he will be great and taking your shot. Like you did taking Tannehill, a guy who had 19 starts.

I am ok with Milliner or Banks I guess. Havent really looked at them.

I am ok with getting Vaccaro the safety. We need one should Clemmons not get resigned.

I would be ok with getting Keenan Allen except a few things. I am not convinced he would be any better than a guy projected in the 3rd round and if we do get a big name WR in FA, what is the point now in taking Allen? There are going to be a slew of WR's and swope might just be a guy who comes in and contributes right away as a 4th/5th rounder.

Alot depends on FA and who we resign IMO. Once we know that, things will come together between a couple of players at 12 we will be zeroed in on. I hope its Eifert in the end.

Jennings, Hartline, Bess, Matthews, Bailey, Eifert, Fasano. Thats all you need IMO. Throw in some outsiders looking in in Swope, Binns, ect. and you have yourself a very very strong cast my friends.

I dont approach the draft just looking at the talent. I look at it as pieces to a puzzle that would play well together and produce big results.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by insomnia411 View Post
    This class of WRs is deep but not top heavy with top 15 talent. I personally want to address WR in FA and draft a pass rusher 12th. I'd like to see us draft skill position players with our top 3 picks and go after a lineman in the 3rd. Obviously you need to go BPA, but linemen and runningbacks I am philosophically opposed to drafting in the top 2 rounds.

This is truely the only answer at who we should draft at 12. This draft has quite a few elite prospects at DE. You dont pass on talent over need in the first round. We need to take a DE and worry about filling needs with the rest of our picks. Personally i would love to take a DE at 12 and then trade up in the mid to late 20's if Allen or Patterson drop.
    Quote Quote