Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 43

Thread: Biden's gun control speech interrupted with news of school shooting

  1. -31
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,133
    vCash:
    7383
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by irish fin fan View Post
    Oh, sorry for you been fed up. People definitely need to be aware of your distaste for people WANTING TO TRY TO REDUCE THE SLAUGHTER OF INNOCENT KIDS.
    As a drone bomb drops in the background.





    "Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

  2. -32
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,133
    vCash:
    7383
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

  3. -33
    irish fin fan's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2010
    Posts:
    1,158
    vCash:
    1221
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Biden's gun control speech interrupted with news of school shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    i dont know if you feel my point is stupid and are not responding to it, but ill try again. no one is trying to say having armed guards will stop the school shootings. we cant stop them, they are apart of our life now. i think having a trained, armed officer at the school will lessen the collatoral damage. maybe a couple of people will still get shot, it is much better than 30 or 40.
    Nonsense. These psychos will have first mover advantage on these security guards. The guards will be the first to die.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -34
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,133
    vCash:
    7383
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by irish fin fan View Post
    Nonsense. These psychos will have first mover advantage on these security guards. The guards will be the first to die.
    Yeah these school shooters are soooo Neo and Trinity. Professionally trained police officers wouldn't stand a chance.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -35
    jared81's Avatar
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,850
    vCash:
    1097
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by irish fin fan View Post
    Oh, sorry for you been fed up. People definitely need to be aware of your distaste for people WANTING TO TRY TO REDUCE THE SLAUGHTER OF INNOCENT KIDS.
    ...my two year old daughter isn't as dramatic as you. Just because people have different ways in solving a problem, doesn't mean they want children to be slaughtered. Do you want people to actually take you seriously? Stop posting bs like this.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -36
    phinfan3411's Avatar
    pofo mofo

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    2,644
    vCash:
    3959
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't know guys, maybe i'm a little out of it, but to me it seems like most of these psychos go out of their way to make sure they have nobody to fight. In other words, they WANT TO SHOOT FISH IN A BARREL.

    Is it just me or do most of them off themselves as soon as it sinks in that they will soon encounter resistance?

    I really feel schools are a target because they are a path of least resistance, just like what most bullies take. From my experience, bullies do not pick on people that fight back, and in a way most of these school shooters act a little like them.

    The thought in the potential shooters mind that they might encounter immediate resistance at a school might be enough to cross it off the potential target list.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -37
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,133
    vCash:
    7383
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I put a lot of blame on Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold. Ever since those douchebags did their thing it seems like they've become the example of "what to do" with all these crazy people.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -38
    irish fin fan's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2010
    Posts:
    1,158
    vCash:
    1221
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Biden's gun control speech interrupted with news of school shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    ...my two year old daughter isn't as dramatic as you. Just because people have different ways in solving a problem, doesn't mean they want children to be slaughtered. Do you want people to actually take you seriously? Stop posting bs like this.
    Really, what have you offered in solving the problem? Let me guess, putting more guns in schools?
    Quote Quote  

  9. -39
    jared81's Avatar
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,850
    vCash:
    1097
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by irish fin fan View Post
    Really, what have you offered in solving the problem? Let me guess, putting more guns in schools?
    nothing.....face it, nothing we say on this forum will solve this problem because we aren't in charge. But just because I think most of what you think is bat **** crazy, doesn't mean I think you want more people to die.

    When you say more guns in schools, that would mean there would have to be guns in schools now, which there aren't. Schools need a trained security presence at the location. I would also change everything about how we handle mental health in this country. There needs to be stricken gun laws, but as these massacres have shown, most of the guns are stolen and a lot of time handguns are used.

    Think about this for a second. If you were wanting to kill as many people as possible, would you go to a school that is in a gun free zone, or a police station?
    Quote Quote  

  10. -40
    irish fin fan's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2010
    Posts:
    1,158
    vCash:
    1221
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Biden's gun control speech interrupted with news of school shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    nothing.....face it, nothing we say on this forum will solve this problem because we aren't in charge. But just because I think most of what you think is bat **** crazy, doesn't mean I think you want more people to die.

    When you say more guns in schools, that would mean there would have to be guns in schools now, which there aren't. Schools need a trained security presence at the location. I would also change everything about how we handle mental health in this country. There needs to be stricken gun laws, but as these massacres have shown, most of the guns are stolen and a lot of time handguns are used.

    Think about this for a second. If you were wanting to kill as many people as possible, would you go to a school that is in a gun free zone, or a police station?
    Agreed with the mental health checks. I think every 3 to 5 years a gun owner should carry out a mental check. However, I will leave to the experts in the field to come up with what they think is reasonable.

    The more I understand about these background checks, the more I think they are a complete joke. Criminals obtain guns through second hand sales where there is no need for background checks. That is complete bull ****. Guns need to be registered, background/mental checks on anyone that wants to own a gun. If someone is going to sell a gun, whoever is buying needs to go through the whole routine.

    Now of course some crazy would attack a school instead of a police station. However, the most schools are going to have is a couple of armed guards. They will be the first to die in a shoot out. If you seriously think they will have first mover advantage then you dreaming. By the way, where is the money to come from to pay for this security?

    Based on your views I'm sure I might seem bat **** crazy to you. However, I can guarantee you for most of the civilized world you would be placed firmly in that camp.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Biden Falls Asleep During Obama Debt Speech?
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-15-2011, 01:02 PM
  2. News Interrupted By Hardcore Porn
    By Phinz420 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-16-2007, 01:28 PM
  3. The Amish School Shooting
    By greatwade in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-04-2006, 12:28 AM
  4. Merged: School shooting in Canada.
    By Majpain in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-15-2006, 11:26 AM
  5. Worst school shooting since columbine
    By spydertl79 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 03-27-2005, 09:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •