Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Salguero: A Dolfan's warning to Joe Philbin

1. -21
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    lol more negativity from Armando. Now he is manufacturing stories based on e-mails he is getting. What a joke.
    It's his job to be thought provoking. The more so the better as that is what people like to read. He has deadlines just like any other journalist does. How about looking at the actual merit of each article's point(s) rather than dismiss everything because it may have a negative or critical stance?

Newsflash: the Miami Dolphins franchise has been downtrodden for years. There are only so many times a writer can do the silver lining glass half full "well it was a better than expected season considering they were rebuilding!" piece and pontificate about what they are going to do this offseason. The dude has to write an article a day it seems. They aren't all going to be winners, man.

I'm not defending Salguero personally, either. I am simply being as objective as possible. The person who wrote the e mail/letter to Armando did in fact bring up a valid point and during what is obviously a very slow time for any Dolphins related news, there frankly is just going to be **** like this. You always being Super Apologist #1 is really no better than the negative ass you perceive Armando to be.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterNorth View Post
    It's his job to be thought provoking.
    It's his job, so he posts a letter from someone else and that letter consists of 85% of Armando's article.

How utterly thought provoking!!!
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterNorth View Post
    It's his job to be thought provoking. The more so the better as that is what people like to read. He has deadlines just like any other journalist does. How about looking at the actual merit of each article's point(s) rather than dismiss everything because it may have a negative or critical stance?

Newsflash: the Miami Dolphins franchise has been downtrodden for years. There are only so many times a writer can do the silver lining glass half full "well it was a better than expected season considering they were rebuilding!" piece and pontificate about what they are going to do this offseason. The dude has to write an article a day it seems. They aren't all going to be winners, man.

I'm not defending Salguero personally, either. I am simply being as objective as possible. The person who wrote the e mail/letter to Armando did in fact bring up a valid point and during what is obviously a very slow time for any Dolphins related news, there frankly is just going to be **** like this. You always being Super Apologist #1 is really no better than the negative ass you perceive Armando to be.
    If I sent an e-mail to Armando outlining why I think Philbin is a good coach and predict that he will become a great coach down the line, do you think he prints that? The answer is NO.

Also, the majority if the article isn't even substance from Armando, he just posted an e-mail that was sent to him. How come he has never posted an e-mail of a positive nature? 90% of his blogs are Dolphins bashing articles and how "alarming" certain things are. He is an admitted anti-Dolphins person and this is why he posts garbage like this. Ben Volin reads FinHeaven, but you never see him writing a blog by posting an entire thread topic by someone else. He actually writes ORIGINAL informative articles. Armando and Omar write garbage.

Quote Quote  

4. -24
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallFin1 View Post
    another great article mando, keep it up!

SAMMY WATKINS IS THE BEST WR IN THE COUNTRY & FUTURE MIAMI DOLPHIN!
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Honestly...who cares about spelling Sparano's name right?
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolph N.Fan View Post
    Honestly...who cares about spelling Sparano's name right?
    This guy:

Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    If I sent an e-mail to Armando outlining why I think Philbin is a good coach and predict that he will become a great coach down the line, do you think he prints that? The answer is NO.

Also, the majority if the article isn't even substance from Armando, he just posted an e-mail that was sent to him. How come he has never posted an e-mail of a positive nature? 90% of his blogs are Dolphins bashing articles and how "alarming" certain things are. He is an admitted anti-Dolphins person and this is why he posts garbage like this. Ben Volin reads FinHeaven, but you never see him writing a blog by posting an entire thread topic by someone else. He actually writes ORIGINAL informative articles. Armando and Omar write garbage.
    Ben Volin seems like a very nice person but he brings nothing to the table as a reporter. He never breaks any news and its clear that he doesn't have any contacts inside the organization. Same thing with Omar. They're in the dark.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Casas9425 View Post
    Ben Volin seems like a very nice person but he brings nothing to the table as a reporter. He never breaks any news and its clear that he doesn't have any contacts inside the organization. Same thing with Omar. They're in the dark.
    Name 1 thing Armando "broke" as news?

I'll be waiting.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    next generation

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rottenchester
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    At first I thought he was being sarcastic.... Nope
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    Name 1 thing Armando "broke" as news?

I'll be waiting.
    Joe Philbin's hiring among many others. The Herald breaks all Dolphins stories first.
    Quote Quote