Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Salguero: A Dolfan's warning to Joe Philbin

1. -51
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Casas9425 View Post
    Really? He also does a pretty good job giving interviews on WQAM.
    I don't really have time to watch the interviews, halfway through I get called away to answer a technical question etc.
    "I didn't feel like we had to score," Tannehill said. "I had the mindset we were going to score."

Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by houtz View Post
    Philbin went for a field goal from the exact spot the Patsies passed on kicking one from earlier. The call at hand was moronic and thinking the game would have changed with that field goal is equally moronic.

Unfortunately we struggle getting ten yards on three downs yet alone picking up a first on fourth and nine. This offense is the definition of conservative. We've lacked the big play possibility for the last five years, I doubt that changes. Philbin may not be the next coming of Shula but we should have a pretty good idea after the season whether or not he's our guy. We either have a good season and he sticks around or he and Ireland both get the boot. I can't imagine a in between scenario. Ireland should get him the players he needs, it will be up to him to make his legacy as a HC in the league. I've been a strong backer of Philbin well before he was signed, I just hope he produces the goods.
    The game is about momentum, Kaeding makes the kick its 14-3 and your kicking off with the Pats likely starting at the 20-25, with a stop and maybe a decent punt return, 1 or 2 first downs your in FG range again but hopefully a TD, if Philbin goes for it on 4th and NINE and the play fails to pick up the 1st, everyone would have been killing Philbin for giving the almighty Brady a short field...thats just a fact, easy for that guy who wrote the email and Armando to play monday morning QB

Maybe Philbin believed in his defense? you know the thing that was supposed to be the strength of the team? the one that let up a 94 yard drive, and after the missed FG the same one that let Brady drive down the field for another TD? how about the concept of making a stop?

You can also reference the 34-0 embarrassment the Giants received from the Falcons with their season on the fringe meanwhile the Phins were playing for nothing, the great "elite" Eli put up a whopping 0pts, the Giants kicker missed an early FG, switching momentum, from then on Coughlin went for it on 4th down multiple times, resulting in nothing but failed attempts giving the Falcons more short field which let them keep scoring which demoralized the giants and quickly put the game out of hand
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by benvolin View Post
    LOL at the notion that I don't break any news. Remember when I wrote last January that the Dolphins were switching to a 4-3 defense? And Armando tried to claim that the report was bull****? How'd that one work out?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...4-3-after-all/

And that's just one example.....
    Oh snap, Ben Volin just took Armando and Casas9425 to the woodshed.

Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Oh snap, Ben Volin just took Armando and Casas9425 to the woodshed.
    No he didn't. I like Ben but he doesn't really break any stories.
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No he didn't. I like Ben but he doesn't really break any stories.
    Yet he provided an example in his post.
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yet he provided an example in his post.
    A blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.
    Ben Volin is a better writer than Armando. He reports news, doesn't gossip or put out spin columns.

Though Barry Jackson is probably the best of all. He gets the true breaking news and notes(perhaps Armando steals from him) and reports it as it is. Facts without the opinionated nonsense and spin that comes from Armando.
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ben Volin is a better writer than Armando. He reports news, doesn't gossip or put out spin columns.

Though Barry Jackson is probably the best of all. He gets the true breaking news and notes(perhaps Armando steals from him) and reports it as it is. Facts without the opinionated nonsense and spin that comes from Armando.
    I like Dave Hyde the best. He's another guy that's in bed with the front office and he gets good news.
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ontario, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilDylan View Post
    He's making analytical points, but still makes the same moronic mistake of spelling Sparano's name wrong.

If you can't pay enough attention to detail to spell someone's name correctly that you've probably seen a hundred times, how do you expect anyone to put any sort of stock in what you're trying to say now?
    so ur going to use his grammar to comment on his letter?? Like his point of view or not, he makes some good points. Who gives a **** about his spelling of our ex-coaches name... Has no bearing on what he is trying to say and is a weak response to his letter.
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If I sent an e-mail to Armando outlining why I think Philbin is a good coach and predict that he will become a great coach down the line, do you think he prints that? The answer is NO.

Also, the majority if the article isn't even substance from Armando, he just posted an e-mail that was sent to him. How come he has never posted an e-mail of a positive nature? 90% of his blogs are Dolphins bashing articles and how "alarming" certain things are. He is an admitted anti-Dolphins person and this is why he posts garbage like this. Ben Volin reads FinHeaven, but you never see him writing a blog by posting an entire thread topic by someone else. He actually writes ORIGINAL informative articles. Armando and Omar write garbage.
    You just proved my point for me, though. Armando writes the way he does because there are plenty of writers who cover the Dolphins that "play nice" all the time and write nothing but fluff pieces. He is purposely blunt, and, yes, sometimes negative, in order to try and stand out. He is appealing to the disgruntled segment of the fan base, which is quite large. Ben Volin may write what you consider to be "original" articles, and while I did really enjoy his "breakdown" style ones this past season, he is the biggest homer this side of Andy Cohen a lot of the time. If that's what you like, more power to you. I'm not even saying I like Salguero's articles. I don't think he writes any better than a lot of guys out there. I just can see why he does what he does. His style has merit in an "against the grain" way. While his slant may often be negative, it is also an honest unfiltered truth most of the time. Most guys out there are either too big a ***** to be critical because they risk losing access. I don't always agree with Armando but at least he doesn't pull punches. I can respect that. There is plenty of room for writers who are something other than a kiss-ass spinster too.

Basically, we all know the style he writes in by now. To be bothered by it would be like being appalled and disgusted by Howard Stern for being crass.
    Quote Quote