Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Salguero: A Dolfan's warning to Joe Philbin

1. -61
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Ben Volin is a better writer than Armando. He reports news, doesn't gossip or put out spin columns.

Though Barry Jackson is probably the best of all. He gets the true breaking news and notes(perhaps Armando steals from him) and reports it as it is. Facts without the opinionated nonsense and spin that comes from Armando.
    Ben Volin also writes for the Palm Beach Post, not the Miami Herald. Does Volin have to produce articles with the same frequency as Salguero? Are there other writers who cover the Dolphins at the PBP like there are at the Herald? There are different types of articles that journalists are tasked with. Salguero's job is often not to "report news" (most of which is complete "press release" style drivel that a manatee could write). It is to write editorials. I agree with you about Barry Jackson, though. He is excellent.
    Quote Quote  

2. -62
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philly
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeh the game had nothing to do with the fact that one team was playing for something really important and another team was playing for nothing. Oh btw, the Patriots are one of the best teams in the league and the dolphins are still trying to find their way with a far inferior roster of talent. But yeh it's a coaching thing.
    Quote Quote  

3. -63
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    Name 1 thing Armando "broke" as news?

I'll be waiting.
    Citing his "source high up within the organization", Armando was able to break the news that the Mike McCoy hiring was imminent.
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    Citing his "source high up within the organization", Armando was able to break the news that the Mike McCoy hiring was imminent.
    Armando had a webshow last year for a couple of months(it failed and they pulled the plug). Maybe I am wrong, but I think I remember there being a thread on here that on his show the news was broken that Philbin was eliminated from head coach search. That night Philbin was hired.

Quote Quote  

5. -65
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Armando had a webshow last year for a couple of months(it failed and they pulled the plug). Maybe I am wrong, but I think I remember there being a thread on here that on his show the news was broken that Philbin was eliminated from head coach search. That night Philbin was hired.
    One of his guests told him that Philbin was eliminated. He made a phone call during the next commercial break and reported that it was untrue.
    Quote Quote  

6. -66
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    He reported that McCoy thought himself as the leading candidate. Chris Mortensen reported the same thing and went a step further saying that Ireland told him that if everything went well that he would be named head coach the next day.
    Quote Quote  

7. -67
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I was genuinely happy when I thought Armando was leaving for Boston. We need more like Ben Volin, less like Armando
    Quote Quote  

8. -68
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck Phin Fan View Post
    so ur going to use his grammar to comment on his letter?? Like his point of view or not, he makes some good points. Who gives a **** about his spelling of our ex-coaches name... Has no bearing on what he is trying to say and is a weak response to his letter.
    Yeah, because spelling never matters for anything.

I take it you've never written a paper and received a passing grade.

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Casas9425 View Post
    He reported that McCoy thought himself as the leading candidate. Chris Mortensen reported the same thing and went a step further saying that Ireland told him that if everything went well that he would be named head coach the next day.
    Armando, is that you?
    Quote Quote  

9. -69
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ben, if you are still reading this thread, you do a phenomenal job. Your work is much appreciated. Your writings are must read and your radio appearances with Joe Rose and others are must-listen.
    Quote Quote  

10. -70
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    valid point but sometimes its early and u just take the points.
    I would agree with that. But wind conditions were unfavorable and because of that the Pats earlier tried to go for it rather than kicking a FG. Under normal circumstances the Pats would have taken a FG as well rather than going on 4th and 6 or 4th and 7.

You can give Philbin as much rookie credit as you want to but in game 16 you have to know what to do in these situations.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome
    Quote Quote