Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Salguero: A Dolfan's warning to Joe Philbin

1. -71
    Formerly Fiedler for MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    A van down by the river
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilDylan View Post
    Yeah, because spelling never matters for anything.

I take it you've never written a paper and received a passing grade.
    When you graduate and move into the real world, you'll find that spelling only matters to administrative assistants and Microsoft Word's spell checker. I've worked for six figure controllers and one CFO that couldnt spell for crap. Harping on this stuff is just getting off topic.

"Ryan Tannehill out-Brady'ed Brady"- DanPatrick
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMarksBros. View Post
    When you graduate and move into the real world, you'll find that spelling only matters to administrative assistants and Microsoft Word's spell checker. I've worked for six figure controllers and one CFO that couldnt spell for crap. Harping on this stuff is just getting off topic.
    Awesome, that's your job.

Most other jobs aren't like that.

If you can't spell, your points are more likely to be disregarded. Who thinks something intelligent and worth listening to is going to come from a person that can't spell a simple word?
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    Formerly Fiedler for MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    A van down by the river
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilDylan View Post
    Awesome, that's your job.

Most other jobs aren't like that.

If you can't spell, your points are more likely to be disregarded. Who thinks something intelligent and worth listening to is going to come from a person that can't spell a simple word?
    What most other jobs? I'd guess the majority of jobs that require proper spelling, also provide PC's or Macs, machines that provide spell check tools. Heck, even this casual fan forum has a spellchecker. Oddly enough, Sparano's name comes up misspelled...on a Miami Dolphins fan site. Tells me all I need to know about the importance of getting his name right.

Anyway, we're WAY off topic now. I think that, while that fan letter made some valid points, I'd probably be more upset about attempting a FG on 4th and 3 than 4th and 9.
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMarksBros. View Post
    What most other jobs? I'd guess the majority of jobs that require proper spelling, also provide PC's or Macs, machines that provide spell check tools. Heck, even this casual fan forum has a spellchecker. Oddly enough, Sparano's name comes up misspelled...on a Miami Dolphins fan site. Tells me all I need to know about the importance of getting his name right.

Anyway, we're WAY off topic now. I think that, while that fan letter made some valid points, I'd probably be more upset about attempting a FG on 4th and 3 than 4th and 9.
    spellcheck certainly helps with words like Thier/their etc. However if you can't figure out the difference between You're, Your etc, spellcheck will not help you decide the proper word, it'll only make sure the word you chose is spelled correctly.

Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Just say yes! Ron Paul 2012

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    La Crosse, WI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by VA_Finfan View Post
    Mando is easily the worst writer covering the Dolphins. He's worse than Omar Kelly IMO
    Gave you the thumbs down because your way off base here...

Kelly is hot garbage. Way worse than Mando could even dream. I know it looks bad when Mando writes articles based on idiot fan e-mails but frankly, I've seen worse from Omar. If you want, I will do some research to prove my point to you but I'd rather save the time and allow you the chance to acknowledge that you have seen the light and had a change of heart.

Omar sucks the bag, plain and simple.
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DAMN... you all sound like a bunch of pre-boob teenage girls.. "He said this.. no he said that.. no he said this and that"..

The bottom line is Sal is correct.. Philbin is not the mighty savior we hoped him to be.. He has his positives.. he's good at making sure shoe laces are tied and he keeps one clean practice field.. but the man has a lot of skoolin to do.. Him and his staff got abused by Billy and the Pats coaches in both games they played this year.. and IMO Belichick is the benchmark right now.

He's only in his first year coaching, we've seen things to get excited about, but we've also seen the same ol predictable, conservative BS... I'll give Mr Philbin one more year to find the "IT" factor.. the ability to win a game when your totally out matched.. If he doesnt show any drastic signs of improvement, the only word to come out of my mouth would be "NEXT" and then start the search all over again for someone that can bring us back to the Don Shula glory days..
    Mr Ross.. you failed us!!!

Quote Quote  

7. -77
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    DAMN... you all sound like a bunch of pre-boob teenage girls.. "He said this.. no he said that.. no he said this and that"..

The bottom line is Sal is correct.. Philbin is not the mighty savior we hoped him to be.. He has his positives.. he's good at making sure shoe laces are tied and he keeps one clean practice field.. but the man has a lot of skoolin to do.. Him and his staff got abused by Billy and the Pats coaches in both games they played this year.. and IMO Belichick is the benchmark right now.

He's only in his first year coaching, we've seen things to get excited about, but we've also seen the same ol predictable, conservative BS... I'll give Mr Philbin one more year to find the "IT" factor.. the ability to win a game when your totally out matched.. If he doesnt show any drastic signs of improvement, the only word to come out of my mouth would be "NEXT" and then start the search all over again for someone that can bring us back to the Don Shula glory days..
    "From 1991 until 1995, Belichick was the head coach of the Cleveland Browns. During his tenure in Cleveland he compiled a 3644 record" well you "benchmark" was pretty awful before he got handed his golden egg in the 6th round, Belicheck gets 4 seasons in CLE to be bad, but Philbin lets give 2 years and see ya
    Quote Quote  

8. -78
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NYPhin24 View Post
    "From 1991 until 1995, Belichick was the head coach of the Cleveland Browns. During his tenure in Cleveland he compiled a 3644 record" well you "benchmark" was pretty awful before he got handed his golden egg in the 6th round, Belicheck gets 4 seasons in CLE to be bad, but Philbin lets give 2 years and see ya
    You're a funny guy... you give me a thumbs down because you want us to be more like the Cleveland Browns.. F the Cleveland Browns.. We're the Miami Dolphins.. we deserve better
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    You're a funny guy... you give me a thumbs down because you want us to be more like the Cleveland Browns.. F the Cleveland Browns.. We're the Miami Dolphins.. we deserve better
    not funny, just stating facts, did i say i want the phins to be like the browns? NOPE, if you said 3 years i would have not even thought about it, but Philbin came in as a rookie HC with a rookie QB and zero playmakers besides Bush to work with and still managed to win 1 more game in a year that expectations were by most "experts" a complete rebuild 3-5 win year, you mention how they got abused by the almighty Belicheck, but completely dismiss the 1st game when the Phins had something to play for and the Pats came in as the hottest team in the NFL averaging 35+ pts a game, held them to 23pts, Brady had his worst statistical game of the year and the came was right there until the last few minutes, yes almost and very close dont mean much but lets not act like only the 28-0 game in december at Gillette where nobody wins in december against a team with everything to play for was the ultimate end all be all
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NYPhin24 View Post
    not funny, just stating facts, did i say i want the phins to be like the browns? NOPE, if you said 3 years i would have not even thought about it, but Philbin came in as a rookie HC with a rookie QB and zero playmakers besides Bush to work with and still managed to win 1 more game in a year that expectations were by most "experts" a complete rebuild 3-5 win year, you mention how they got abused by the almighty Belicheck, but completely dismiss the 1st game when the Phins had something to play for and the Pats came in as the hottest team in the NFL averaging 35+ pts a game, held them to 23pts, Brady had his worst statistical game of the year and the came was right there until the last few minutes, yes almost and very close dont mean much but lets not act like only the 28-0 game in december at Gillette where nobody wins in december against a team with everything to play for was the ultimate end all be all
    Come each August.. I bet you're one of the guys that preaches "its only a pre-season game.. So relax.. wait for the games to mean something" The bottom line is Philbin has earned the right to coach for another season.. and if you cant see what the guy brings to the table after 2 full years.. then you need to open your ears.. eyes and mind..
    Quote Quote