Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 38 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tannehill has won almost every QB battle this season. Still learning. Relax ppl!

1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91

Interesting Tannehill has won almost every QB battle this season. Still learning. Relax ppl!

First with the whole deep throw issue. Its not that Tannehill doesnt have the arm for it, it looks more like a timing issue to me. That is something that can be fixed as he gains more experience. The more Wallace and him play together, and the more they practice together... they will get that timing down. ANd its been harder since players cant go hard in practice anymore.

Anyways... Here is a breakdown of all of Tannehill's games... QB vs QB. Also im not saying he is better then all these players, or that a QB vs QB battle tells the whole story, im just saying stat wise he has outperformed his opponent 10-12 times.

Here are Tannehill's season stats for the year. 280-451 (62.1%) 3115 yards, 17 TD, 13 INT, 83.2 rating. (Updated week 13)
    Here are Luck's season stats for the year. 243-418 (58.1%) 2793 yards, 15 TD, 8 INT 82.4 rating

#10 in passing yards, #14 in Tds, #7 in INT's (Although 3-4 were on hailmary's and then you have a stupid INT like today that Wallace should have broke up) He has some things he needs to obvoiusly work on, but for a second year player he has been playing very good and is in the top half in the league for QB stats)

Week 1- Tannehill (24-38) (272 yrds) (1td/ 1int) vs Weeden (26-53) (283 yrds ) (1 td /3 int) [Advantage Tannehill]
    Week 2- Tannehill (23-34) (319)(1 td 0 int) vs Luck (25-43) (321 yrds) (1td 1 int) [Advantage Tannehill]
    Week 3- Tannehill (24-35) (236)(2td 1 int) vs Ryan with both receivers (23-38)(231)(2td/1int) [Advantage Tannehill]
    Week 4- Vs Saints... Yea... im skipping this one. WE all know who won that battle. [Advantage Brees]
    Week 5- Tannehill (21-40)(307)(1td/ 0 int) vs Flacco (19-32)(269)( 0td/1int) [Advantage Tannehill]
    Week 7- Tannehill (19-37)(194)(3 td/ 2 int) Vs T Lewis (21-32)(202)(0 td 1 int) [Advantage Tannehill]
    Week 8 - Tannehill (22-42)(192)(2td/2int) Vs Brady (13-22)(112)(1td 1int) [Advantage Tannehill] HIs 2nd Int came on a hail mary. Which has where 3-4 of his ints came from.
    Week 9 - Tannehill (20-28)(208)(0td/0int) Vs Dalton (32-53(338)(0td 3int) [Advantage Tannehill]
    Week 10 -Tannehill (27-42)(229)(2 td 1 int) Vs Glennon (11-21)(139)(1td/1int) [Advantage Tannehill]
    Week 11- Tannehill (22-35)(269)(1td/1int) Vs Rivers (22-34)(298)(1td/ 1int) [Advantage Rivers]
    Week 12- Tannehill (28-42)(310)(1td/1int) Vs Newton (19/38)(174)(1td/1int) [Advantage Tannehill] And yes.. That deep throw to wallace was very catch-able.
    Week 13- Tannehill (28-43)(331)(2td/1int) Vs Jets QB's (13/28)(98)(0td/2int) [Advantage Tannehill]

So as you can see... From a pure QB vs QB matchup... Tannehill has won 11 out of 13 battles. Losing only to Brees (HOF) And Rivers (Which it was a close battle and they put up very similar numbers that game, but i had to be fair and give Rivers that win)

Tannehill is only a 2nd year QB... IF this was 5-7 years ago... He wouldnt have seen a minute on the field yet... becuase Rookie Qbs sit a minimum 2-3 years. Tannehill is out playing Veterans in his 2nd year in the league at a position he has only played for a year and half in College and a Year and half so far in the Pros. The kid has a lot to learn, but what i have seen from him... I am very impressed. I am convinced still that he is our QB of the future and that he will have a very successful career. Now imagine if he didnt get sacked as much as he did the first half of the season.. His numbers would be much better. Also Imagine if he didnt have a number 1 reciever who didnt drop every other 3rd pass thrown his direction, or if he had players with some YAC ability, or a seam threat TE.

Tannehill has been improving game after game. He can make all the throws, he just needs to work on his timing with Wallace. His footwork has gotten better in the pocket and has been getting sacked a lot less with Martin gone. Give this kid a line and a running game and maybe we have a few more wins this season. You guys need to be a little more optimistic and less negative.
    Last edited by MartinTheSNAKE; 12-01-2013 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Tannehill has a big penis.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Love watching the haters squirm.,..
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    QB vs QB matchup doesn't tell you the whole story.

You need to look for progress. If there is no progress, that's a cause for concern.

Personally, I see progress, so I remain bullish. I honestly don't think you can watch the way he played today and think that he hasn't improved his movement and feel of the pocket since even a couple of weeks into the season. I don't see how you can watch those deep throws to Wallace and think he hasn't improved on them today, when 3 of them were catchable.

The one area I think he needs to work on next is his decision-making when he's scrambling to his right.
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phindog View Post
    Love watching the haters squirm.,..
    I love the word Almost, laughable.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    yeah this loss doesnt sicken me for some strange reason. I think we really got screwed in the helmet to helmet in the endzone and that would have made all the difference IMO.

It was an NFC team.

But we have to win 4 of 5. I think its doable if Wallace can come alive more like he did with RT today.

Next year this team is set up nice but once again, if we had a big threat TE RT would be up there in the top QB's.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Formerly Fiedler for MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    A van down by the river
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Am I seeing things, or is the OP's username really "Egnew the (GOAT) Greatest Of All Time?"

"Ryan Tannehill out-Brady'ed Brady"- DanPatrick
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    yeah this loss doesnt sicken me for some strange reason. I think we really got screwed in the helmet to helmet in the endzone and that would have made all the difference IMO.
    I feel the same as I did after the Baltimore loss. Disappointed that the team is letting opportunity in 2013 slip away, but pleased that I think we have a long-term solution at QB. I do understand why people who think Tannehill sucks are so upset right now, though. There is no silver lining with this team if you don't see progress at the QB position.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    6 of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Egnew the GOAT View Post
    First with the whole deep throw issue. Its not that Tannehill doesnt have the arm for it, it looks more like a timing issue to me. That is something that can be fixed as he gains more experience. The more Wallace and him play together, and the more they practice together... they will get that timing down. ANd its been harder since players cant go hard in practice anymore.

Anyways... Here is a breakdown of all of Tannehill's games... QB vs QB.

Week 1- Tannehill (24-38) (272 yrds) (1td/ 1int) vs Weeden (26-53) (283 yrds ) (1 td /3 int) [Advantage Tannehill]
    Week 2- Tannehill (23-34) (319)(1 td 0 int) vs Luck (25-43) (321 yrds) (1td 1 int) [Advantage Tannehill]
    Week 3- Tannehill (24-35) (236)(2td 1 int) vs Ryan with both receivers (23-38)(231)(2td/1int) [Advantage Tannehill]
    Week 4- Vs Saints... Yea... im skipping this one. WE all know who won that battle. [Advantage Brees]
    Week 5- Tannehill (21-40)(307)(1td/ 0 int) vs Flacco (19-32)(269)( 0td/1int) [Advantage Tannehill]
    Week 7- Tannehill (19-37)(194)(3 td/ 2 int) Vs T Lewis (21-32)(202)(0 td 1 int) [Advantage Tannehill]
    Week 8 - Tannehill (22-42)(192)(2td/2int) Vs Brady (13-22)(112)(1td 1int) [Advantage Tannehill] HIs 2nd Int came on a hail mary. Which has where 3-4 of his ints came from.
    Week 9 - Tannehill (20-28)(208)(0td/0int) Vs Dalton (32-53(338)(0td 3int) [Advantage Tannehill]
    Week 10 -Tannehill (27-42)(229)(2 td 1 int) Vs Glennon (11-21)(139)(1td/1int) [Advantage Tannehill]
    Week 11- Tannehill (22-35)(269)(1td/1int) Vs Rivers (22-34)(298)(1td/ 1int) [Advantage Rivers]
    Week 12- Tannehill (28-42)(310)(1td/1int) Vs Newton (19/38)(174)(1td/1int) [Advantage Tannehill] And yes.. That deep throw to wallace was very catch-able.

So as you can see... From a pure QB vs QB matchup... Tannehill has won 10 out of 12 battles. Losing only to Brees (HOF) And Rivers (Which it was a close battle and they put up very similar numbers that game, but i had to be fair and give Rivers that win)

Tannehill is only a 2nd year QB... IF this was 5-7 years ago... He wouldnt have seen a minute on the field yet... becuase Rookie Qbs sit a minimum 2-3 years. Tannehill is out playing Veterans in his 2nd year in the league at a position he has only played for a year and half in College and a Year and half so far in the Pros. The kid has a lot to learn, but what i have seen from him... I am very impressed. I am convinced still that he is our QB of the future and that he will have a very successful career. Now imagine if he didnt get sacked as much as he did the first half of the season.. His numbers would be much better. Also Imagine if he didnt have a number 1 reciever who didnt drop every other 3rd pass thrown his direction.
    So how does this equate to a playoff spot or Super Bowl victory? Oh it doesn't? So this means nothing? Oh ok continue.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I thought Tannehill played fairly well today, but why would you judge him at all based on what the opposing quarterback does, the task of stopping whom is placed on the Dolphins' defense?

Right now Matt Ryan's QB rating is 90, which is good, yet the Falcons are surrendering the worst QB rating for its opposition in the league, a whopping 106.7. So on average, Matt Ryan is "losing" his "QB battles." Does that mean he's a poor QB?
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Since 84

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Because our defense made the other QB look like crap RT wins the battle?

Quote Quote