Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The solution to the gun problem

1. -21
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by irish fin fan View Post
    Have you been out for a weekend in the UK? The amount of drunks is unbelievable. Imagine them having access to guns. Pure carnage would result. The UK has a major drinking problem. The violence doesn't surprise me.
    You can't attribute a drinking problem to the dramatic 3.5 x difference in violent crimes. We got a drinking problem here too if you haven't noticed.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    pofo mofo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Have you been out for a weekend in the UK? The amount of drunks is unbelievable. Imagine them having access to guns. Pure carnage would result. The UK has a major drinking problem. The violence doesn't surprise me.
    This drinking problem they have, I guess it is something they developed since 1997 huh? That's when the biggest ban took affect, and to the best of my knowledge it did nothing but INCREASE the murder rate for a period of time, so great point.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

The solution to the gun problem

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    You can't attribute a drinking problem to the dramatic 3.5 x difference in violent crimes. We got a drinking problem here too if you haven't noticed.
    Sorry, this is not meant to get into a who can drink more type of argument. There's no comparison between the US and the UK and how much they drink. The amount that a large majority of people drink during a night out is just crazy. Sorry but in the drinking leagues, and this is a good thing, the US are light weights.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phinfan3411 View Post
    This drinking problem they have, I guess it is something they developed since 1997 huh? That's when the biggest ban took affect, and to the best of my knowledge it did nothing but INCREASE the murder rate for a period of time, so great point.
    I lived for about 6 years in the UK, left in 98. I have visited there a couple of times since and, in my opinion, the drinking culture has gotten worse. It's basically out of control and don't get me started about Ireland, the country not the GM.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sorry, this is not meant to get into a who can drink more type of argument. There's no comparison between the US and the UK and how much they drink. The amount that a large majority of people drink during a night out is just crazy. Sorry but in the drinking leagues, and this is a good thing, the US are light weights.
    3.5 times the violent crime rate explained by a drinking problem. Yeah OK buddy.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

3.5 times the violent crime rate explained by a drinking problem. Yeah OK buddy.
    So your saying that been drunk does not lead to an increase in violence? Um, ok, that makes a lot of rational sense.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So your saying that been drunk does not lead to an increase in violence? Um, ok, that makes a lot of rational sense.
    It doesn't excuse a 3 and a FREAKING half difference. And you talk about rational sense. You're mad.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

It doesn't excuse a 3 and a FREAKING half difference. And you talk about rational sense. You're mad.
    If you could read properly I never said that it accounted for 3 times the increase. However, if you would do a little research you would see that the UK had the methodology changed in 1998 and 2001 for the way the recorded crime which accounted for the huge increase. Since about 2002 the violent crime rate has been coming down.

http://www.uturnuk.org/the-problem/violent-crime

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datab...and-wales#data

And to compare violent crime rates between the USA and the UK is complete horse **** as the rates are based on completely different criteria.

http://www.kptv.com/story/20549515/d...urders-than-uk

No, the best the gun control fanatics can do is pull some made up statistics from the daily mail English tabloid rag. A paper with a "little englandeer" mentality if ever there was one. A Conservative party mouthpiece making up some bull**** facts to help their party get back into power at the time. Yet this is the best the gun control fanatics can come up. Total bull ****.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If you could read properly I never said that it accounted for 3 times the increase. However, if you would do a little research you would see that the UK had the methodology changed in 1998 and 2001 for the way the recorded crime which accounted for the huge increase. Since about 2002 the violent crime rate has been coming down.

http://www.uturnuk.org/the-problem/violent-crime

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datab...and-wales#data

And to compare violent crime rates between the USA and the UK is complete horse **** as the rates are based on completely different criteria.

http://www.kptv.com/story/20549515/d...urders-than-uk

No, the best the gun control fanatics can do is pull some made up statistics from the daily mail English tabloid rag. A paper with a "little englandeer" mentality if ever there was one. A Conservative party mouthpiece making up some bull**** facts to help their party get back into power at the time. Yet this is the best the gun control fanatics can come up. Total bull ****.

The stats come from the UK government and not a tabloid rag. You definitely used the "drinking" excuse a few times. Read it yourself. Tell me how come you ignore our own FBI stats that shows violent crimes and gun crimes down over 50% over the last 20 years. "Oh they changed their criteria of course". Face it the UK isn't the safe, unarmed utopia you believe in. FAR FROM IT!!!! Frankin is right yet again. Give up liberty for safety and you lose both.
    Quote Quote