Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beginner Fat burning tips to lose weight

1. -1
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Suggestion Beginner Fat burning tips to lose weight

A diet plan really healthy for good health-
    1 - weetbix x 6, 300ml milk, tbsp brown sugar
    2 - apple, 100g stew / mince meat, water
    3 - 1/2 bbq chicken, peas and carrots, mash potatoe x 1, gravy, water
    4 - 100g apricot chicken, mixed veg, water
    train
    5 - 30g whey in water, rice bubbles, 300ml milk, tbsp brown sugar
    6 - beef burger, mixed veg, water
    7 - fish, 200g yoghurt, water
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

DolphinDolphinDolphin
    Thanks for posting and welcome to the lounge.

Is that the suggested main course for seven days ?
    Any diet plan that includes BBQ chicken is a good one

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1- starve self
    2-starve self
    3-starve self
    4-starve self
    5-starve self
    6-starve self
    7-cheat day-eat a pickle -starve self lol

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JohnWFN View Post
    A diet plan really healthy for good health-
    1 - weetbix x 6, 300ml milk, tbsp brown sugar
    2 - apple, 100g stew / mince meat, water
    3 - 1/2 bbq chicken, peas and carrots, mash potatoe x 1, gravy, water
    4 - 100g apricot chicken, mixed veg, water
    train
    5 - 30g whey in water, rice bubbles, 300ml milk, tbsp brown sugar
    6 - beef burger, mixed veg, water
    7 - fish, 200g yoghurt, water
    could u go into more detail it sounds interesting
    Member of the EIB club
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    It's Huge

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Playstation LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalHydra logo
    Starve, run, look at self in mirror, get depressed, eat gallon of ice cream....and repeat.

In the end, there are foods that actually help you burn fat...

Whole grains, lean meats, burn calories as your body breaks them down..

Dairy (low fat), and pepper (hot) boost metabolism...

There are many websites that will help you plan meals that will give you a good balance of nutrition and keep you under a certain caloric intake.

Ideally you want to lose about 1.5 to 2 lbs per week....which is the sweet spot for losing fat while maintaining muscle mass.

Best advice...find something to hold you accountable...there are several apps that let you add food and exercises that help monitor you caloric intake (and burn)...several will hook up to Fitbit.

Not sure why I got that deep into this...if more detail is desired I can elaborate

Tannehill is the greatest...(I say this for the safety of my family)
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logo2013 Dolphins LogoDolphins Homer
    Sometimes it's the most simple thing that helps you lose the weight. I lifted for years and while I got in good shape, I could never lose that flab over my abs. Tried eating every different in the book. Finally, after my wife and I got our kitchen in order we started cooking a more and the weight dropped off in like two weeks. It happened so quick that I thought I was sick. Turns out that the same EXACT stuff we were ordering from takeout places we were making ourselves, and just that difference was enough. I guess even healthy takeout places depend on you not knowing how much butter and other crap is in their recipes.

Moral of the story? Cook. You can eat as healthy as you want when eating out but you'll still only be as healthy as some random cook you never met wants you to be.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    not a dull boy

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua and Orange View Post
    Sometimes it's the most simple thing that helps you lose the weight. I lifted for years and while I got in good shape, I could never lose that flab over my abs. Tried eating every different in the book. Finally, after my wife and I got our kitchen in order we started cooking a more and the weight dropped off in like two weeks. It happened so quick that I thought I was sick. Turns out that the same EXACT stuff we were ordering from takeout places we were making ourselves, and just that difference was enough. I guess even healthy takeout places depend on you not knowing how much butter and other crap is in their recipes.

Moral of the story? Cook. You can eat as healthy as you want when eating out but you'll still only be as healthy as some random cook you never met wants you to be.
    Bingo. We have a winner.

Processed foods and the sodium & fat content in fast food, takeout and restaurant foods (usually barring fine dining) are astronomical. My family and I go out to eat maybe once a month. That's not a stretch either. Granted I was a former chef and knowing how to cook has incredible advantages, but I will also say it's not really that hard with some practice. I'm in my late 30's and am in excellent shape. Coupled with a regular exercise routine (I lift once or twice a week and also swim 4-6 miles a week) I never have to worry about what I eat (and I love cooking with butter), though I do rarely eat any sweets.
    To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable - Ludwig Van Beethoven

Thanks to Disturbed Shifty
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logo2013 Dolphins LogoDolphins Homer
    A bit of an addendum for people having the OPPOSITE problem to what we just discussed:

Recently after shedding the weight to see my abs, the obvious question then popped into my head: I now look muscular and lean, but now want to get BIGGER. I want to look like Colossus from X-Men. How do I do that?

If you look online, there is a lot of stuff out there that says, "EAT! EAT! EAT!" In fact, an interview with Chris Hemsworth during his time preparing to play Thor had him saying that in addition to working out, all he did to bulk up was, "Eat everything in sight". People also advocate weight gainer shakes that are huge in calories.

DON'T DO THIS.

Yes, it is true that you can't get bigger muscles without a larger calorie intake, hence having to eat more.

Yes, it is scientifically proven that your body gets better at converting excess calories to muscle if you first get down to lower than 10% body fat.

Yes, it is true that people's bodies are different and some will respond with muscle and some will respond with belly fat when they attempt to eat more calories.

BUT...

I have found that bulking up and getting BIG is as easy as one additional healthy, dense shake a day on top of your normal food intake amount. Don't eat fast food, don't take weight gainers, don't "eat everything in sight". I've found if you drink one shake like the one I mention below, it will help your health, you'll build muscle, and you'll keep the 6-pack abs. NOTE: You OF COURSE have to work out to build muscle, so drinking this alone won't do it for you.

The shake:

-1 scoop protein powder
    -2 tablespoons peanut butter (healthy fats)
    -1 handful frozen blueberries
    -Fill the rest of the cup with milk.

"But I don't have time or money to blend my own smoothies every day!" Neither did I. I found this online so it took literally 2 minutes in the morning to blend it up AND take the cup with you to work: http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach...ds=blender+cup

Mark my words, after you slim down, if you work out and just take this single extra shake a day in addition to your normal diet you'll see a huge result.

Anyhoo, I'm not a trainer or nutritionist, but wanted to impart some of the wisdom I found after lots of missteps. This is for the folks on this forum like me who were confused as hell as to how to bulk up the smart, healthy way without covering those abs they worked so hard to uncover. Cheers!
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would skip the grains for a while and see how you feel... It typically makes a big difference
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    It's Huge

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Playstation LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalHydra logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua and Orange View Post
    A bit of an addendum for people having the OPPOSITE problem to what we just discussed:

Recently after shedding the weight to see my abs, the obvious question then popped into my head: I now look muscular and lean, but now want to get BIGGER. I want to look like Colossus from X-Men. How do I do that?

If you look online, there is a lot of stuff out there that says, "EAT! EAT! EAT!" In fact, an interview with Chris Hemsworth during his time preparing to play Thor had him saying that in addition to working out, all he did to bulk up was, "Eat everything in sight". People also advocate weight gainer shakes that are huge in calories.

DON'T DO THIS.

Yes, it is true that you can't get bigger muscles without a larger calorie intake, hence having to eat more.

Yes, it is scientifically proven that your body gets better at converting excess calories to muscle if you first get down to lower than 10% body fat.

Yes, it is true that people's bodies are different and some will respond with muscle and some will respond with belly fat when they attempt to eat more calories.

BUT...

I have found that bulking up and getting BIG is as easy as one additional healthy, dense shake a day on top of your normal food intake amount. Don't eat fast food, don't take weight gainers, don't "eat everything in sight". I've found if you drink one shake like the one I mention below, it will help your health, you'll build muscle, and you'll keep the 6-pack abs. NOTE: You OF COURSE have to work out to build muscle, so drinking this alone won't do it for you.

The shake:

-1 scoop protein powder
    -2 tablespoons peanut butter (healthy fats)
    -1 handful frozen blueberries
    -Fill the rest of the cup with milk.

"But I don't have time or money to blend my own smoothies every day!" Neither did I. I found this online so it took literally 2 minutes in the morning to blend it up AND take the cup with you to work: http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach...ds=blender+cup

Mark my words, after you slim down, if you work out and just take this single extra shake a day in addition to your normal diet you'll see a huge result.

Anyhoo, I'm not a trainer or nutritionist, but wanted to impart some of the wisdom I found after lots of missteps. This is for the folks on this forum like me who were confused as hell as to how to bulk up the smart, healthy way without covering those abs they worked so hard to uncover. Cheers!
    Lets be honest...the Hemsworth brothers sort of hit the genetic jack pot, so they are most likely able to eat everything and gain muscles...for the rest of us...your strategies provides the best options...

Seek out lean, high protein foods...meats, eggs, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, nuts, beef jerkey are good options (though several are high in sodium so be mindful)

As far as losing weight and gaining muscle...

There are many workout programs you can do...personally I try to mix it up as much a possible.

Example of my routine

I workout (weights) 4 days a week...never on consistent days do to work and family schedule, but I do make sure I go to the gym 4 days a week

Three of the days are spent doing the "body builder" muscle group focus. There are many ways to pair muscle groups...

The one I use
    Day 1 - Legs and shoulders
    Day 2 - Chest and Tri
    Day 3 - Back and Bi's
    Day 4 - is a mix of explosive movements and circuit training (I think the kids call it cross fit, but it is what I use to do when I was in college)

I incorporate cardio on all lifting days about 25 minutes at the end of my workout on either the elliptical or bike.

On 2 of my off days I make it a point to do some running...30-45 minutes.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hello,

Trust you all are fine. I was out of touch for last few weeks.
    I am happy to come back.

Thank you all
    Quote Quote