Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I apologize in advance for the hateful things I'll post in this thread.

Hybrid View

1. -1
    Special Teams Lunatic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Pond, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo

I apologize in advance for the hateful things I'll post in this thread.

Twelve years ago, I was in shape. Lean, flexible, strong, 6'2" - 185 pounds of goofy-looking Irishman. Biked regularly. Lifted four times a week.

Then I tore something in my shoulder benching improperly. Then I got married. Then I fathered two children. Then I got slow...and out of shape...and drank more...and didn't sleep well.

I realized at the end of last month that I'm decidedly out of shape, and dangerously close to being fat.

Hold on...I'm gonna go weigh myself...

...actually better than I thought...just under 220 pounds, with about 30% bf.

So, I'm changing in 2013. More to come.
    "If foot fetish videos of your wife surface online, and the voice of the cameraman sounds like you, just admit that it was you ... because the alternative is that someone else was filming foot fetish videos of your wife, and I'm pretty sure that's worse." - Bill Simmons's enduring lesson to Rex Ryan.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    just start with doing a daily cardio. something simple, something you can just find 20 mins a day to do. and start logging what you eat.
    "I didn't feel like we had to score," Tannehill said. "I had the mindset we were going to score."

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Clean out your fridge.

All beer and anything deep fried can be sent to me. I'll dispose of it properly for you.
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah I feel ya bro. I''m 6'1" and usually weigh in at 225 with around 12% BF, right now I'm 242 with about 30% myself and I am fat lol. Age is a bitch, I'm heading toward 40 and around the age of 33 I started to notice a change. I was like you worked out a minimum of 4 times a week and usually it was 5 but I did little cardo in the the traditional sense, I use HIT trained a lot in my weight lifting so in some regard it is similar to doing cardo.

I'm actually going to look into adrogel for low T. I'm feeling the age in the motivation area bro, I'm still fairly strong even though I'm out of shape but the energy levels are 1/2 of what I'm use to.
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    I go up and down depending on what point of the year we're at. At my best I was around 179 and at my absolute worst I was around 250. I've twice had to lose 40-60 lbs to get to where I want to be. I'll have to do it again now even though I have no clue how much I weigh right now. I imagine I'm in the low 200s. I'll probably have to lose 15-25 lbs to be where I want to be.

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    I used to be in good shape at 6'2, 215-220ish back when I was still playing baseball seriously and pickup basketball regularly. I had gotten to be nearly 245 and I took a semester off college. The work I was doing got me back into the low 230s. Wasnt ripped by any means, but I was in decent shape. Went back to school and got up to 245 . I have a big frame, but still, 245 is fat however you slice it. Ive been cutting back on the food and have starting played basketball again. I damn near died my first 3 times up and down the court my first day but Im back in the swing of things now and feel good...now I just gotta wait on the weight to fall off. Hoping to get back to 225 at least.

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Lumberjack Batman

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    I used to be in good shape at 6'2, 215-220ish back when I was still playing baseball seriously and pickup basketball regularly. I had gotten to be nearly 245 and I took a semester off college. The work I was doing got me back into the low 230s. Wasnt ripped by any means, but I was in decent shape. Went back to school and got up to 245 . I have a big frame, but still, 245 is fat however you slice it. Ive been cutting back on the food and have starting played basketball again. I damn near died my first 3 times up and down the court my first day but Im back in the swing of things now and feel good...now I just gotta wait on the weight to fall off. Hoping to get back to 225 at least.
    I'm at 225 right now I'd love to drop down to 200.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

The Devin Townsend Project: Kingdom (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jZjziohaPc
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: I apologize in advance for the hateful things I'll post in this thread.

I feel your pain Goat. I am only 5'9 but am very stocky. In college and the Army, I was about 185 and fairly solid. Now, at 40, I am 250+ and look like a walking burrito. The low T and diabetes is kicking my butt...I get shots of Depo-testosterone. This sucks! I am finally getting motivated to get off my butt and start exercising and watching my diet. It its slow going though!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    I feel your pain Goat. I am only 5'9 but am very stocky. In college and the Army, I was about 185 and fairly solid. Now, at 40, I am 250+ and look like a walking burrito. The low T and diabetes is kicking my butt...I get shots of Depo-testosterone. This sucks! I am finally getting motivated to get off my butt and start exercising and watching my diet. It its slow going though!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    My best friend is getting T-shots. How did this work our for ya Buddy? I am seriously considering it since I will be 40 next year and my energy isn't what it used to be.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: I apologize in advance for the hateful things I'll post in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    My best friend is getting T-shots. How did this work our for ya Buddy? I am seriously considering it since I will be 40 next year and my energy isn't what it used to be.
    I have an issue with my pituitary gland so I don't produce much testosterone by myself at all. I recently switched to AndroGel instead of the shots because the shots were so erratic. I felt great the first couple of days after the shot but crashed by the end of the second week. My endocrinologist originally said to inject once a month but switched to every other week. Even still, i felt like a yo-yo. The gel is not nearly as wonderful as the shot for that one week but it is far more consistent. Also, you can put a little on your nuts when you know you will get laid and act like He-Man for a couple of hours. Probably not advisable but fun nonetheless.
    Quote Quote