Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Would u take Patterson at 12 and trade back into 1st for a DE since draft deep at DE?

1. -11
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    NO. We stay put and use our damn picks. What happens if we move up and the guy isn't good? We wasted several picks on 1 bust.

Use our damn picks
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinoEqualsGod View Post
    I asked this in another thread. Would love to hear other's opinions on this... Assuming we go DE or CB with our #12 pick:

I desperately want us to get a really good TE sometime in the first couple round, but the two best TEs (Ertz and Eifert) are both likely to be taken late in the first. What would everyone think about trading a second and a third to move up into the back end of the first and take one of those two TEs? We'd still have a second and third rounder and would pick twice in the first. Is that fair value for a late first rounder, would anyone else do that, am I crazy?
    You said it yourself, you are crazy. You are pissing away picks like if it was monopoly money simply because we have extra picks. No. We use our picks and stay put. We have a lot of HIGH VALUE picks and we need to use all of them and acquire the most starting caliber players we can for our squad, regardless of need.

There's no need to trade up for the guys with lots of hype. 2nd and 3rd round picks are starting caliber players if you pick correctly.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wouldn't grab Patterson. If I'm at 12 and we draft a WR I want Keenan Allen. But anyways my ideal draft would be for the Fins to tab Dee Milner at #12. Dude was lights out all year and lights out in the NC game. I hate Bama with a passion, but they produce NFL talent, espcially under Saban. Then With Their 1st 2nd rd pick hope
    DeAndre Hopkins falls to them. Kid ate alive a very good LSU secondary in their bowl game and has really come into his own the 2nd part of the yr. I think their is a good chance he is gone by then, but
    that would be ideally for me what happens. I wouldn't be mad either if one of the Pash rushers were taken at 12 either.

I think everyone would be disappointing if the Fins don't sign one of the BIG 3 WR's in FA. I think in doing that they allow themselves to take a PR or Milner at 12 and go TE or WR with 1 of their 2 2nd rd picks.

Keep an eye on Stedman Bailey too....He has intriguing speed and could be a steal in the late 2nd (Colts pick)
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As for the TE position, unless Eifert somehow falls to us, then I say we address it by adding Dustin Keller this offseason. Maybe I'm just so gun shy because Egnew was looked like such a waste,
    But We know Keller can be a threat in the passing game right away and I think he would be a nice addition to pair with Clay.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd consider this idea, for sure.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Would u take Patterson at 12 and trade back into 1st for a DE since draft deep at DE?

I don't have a problem trading up or down to get a solid impact player and/or value. However, I think that the best value at DE in this draft will come from Jenkins and Carradine from FSU in the late second our third rounds. They are better than a lot of the top DE but were injured. Jenkins was rated higher than Werner before the season. If they are healed at all, we could have both of them fairly easily and still use our top picks on CB, WR, and TE. Let Starks walk and pick up these two...immediate impact! No risk, no reward!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hell, we could trade down, get a 2nd...and then trade back into the late first round twice and still have a 2nd...Could be considered lunacy but oh well.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    I hate everyone else in the AFC East

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Perfect world for me is at 12 we grab Milliner/Banks or Werner/Mingo/ Moore. Get someone to help our pass defense. maybe even put us over the top as a top five defense. Then with our first 2nd see if some talented player has dropped, perfect world is Johnathan Cooper or Patterson for whatever reason. Have read lots of mocks around this spot for both, not that I think either will be there. IF no top 32 talent has dropped into our laps, start looking at adding one of the many 2nd and 3rd round grade receivers or corners, Hopkins, Bailey, Trufant, Rhodes. In the 2nd I would hope to either land a top 32 talent that drops or receiver and corner if we didn't take Milliner in the first. IN the 3rd again I would start looking at linemen depending on Jake signing or not but even looking for an upgrade in athlete over Richie for our LG spot. Also adding another receiver from the crop who look talented but don't have Calvin Johnson measureable and are still available. Obviously this all depends on FA, signing Jennings or Wallace would change my take on mahybe adding two receivers but maybe not on who drops. We need talent at lots of positions so really it comes down to who fits our schemes and who is the most talented at the pick. Could be a LB even though this isn't glaring need like corner or receiver.
    Let's go Miami!!!!
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Tie your shoes, god damn it.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd rather draft 1 elite player high and maintain depth than to pick a non-alpha WR and trade back up for more none elite players losing depth in the process.

We can grab elite physical ability (Margus Hunt) later, but that's not a reason to not pick the same position earlier if he's the best on your board. Look at Clay Matthews vs. Vontae Davis. I hope the FO learned a lesson from that.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The draft is also deep at WR, just not with top-10 talent. I'm guessing that 10 WRs go between picks 15-65 because of all the juniors coming out.
    Quote Quote