Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Would u take Patterson at 12 and trade back into 1st for a DE since draft deep at DE?

1. -21
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Would u take Patterson at 12 and trade back into 1st for a DE since draft deep at DE?

I don't care how it happens. I want Patterson or Allen drafted by Miami. Trading down and getting one of the two would be stellar.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitches Brew View Post
    The draft is also deep at WR, just not with top-10 talent. I'm guessing that 10 WRs go between picks 15-65 because of all the juniors coming out.
    Which is why people should give thought to the possibility of drafting Cordarrelle Patterson AND another player a little later on.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Which is why people should give thought to the possibility of drafting Cordarrelle Patterson AND another player a little later on.
    CK, Patterson at 12?
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    From a galaxy far far away....

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sydney Australia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Is he worth it at 12? Is he in the same class as J Jones, AJ Green or Dez Bryant? If not, then no, not at 12. If he is there mid to late 20's, then perhaps trade back into the 1st after picking Deon Jordon with our 1st pick. WR in the draft than

I think there are better wr's in the 2nd & 3rd that will be avaialble as opposed to more quality DE or CB's in the 2nds & 3rds, soI think we have to take the best DE at 12 that will help Wake, then target WR / TE with our 2nds & 3rds.

Jordan at 12, and if we have to package a 2nd & 3rd or 4th to get back into the 1st & pick either Patterson or Allen, then so be it. We need a true No 1, and even if we get Jennings in FA, we need to groom a new No 1.
    I RESPECT EVERYONES POINT OF VIEW & OPINION....REGARDLESS OF HOW WRONG THEY ARE

Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd be moving around like mad if the opportunity presented itself. First I would trade down to the mid-late 20s for their first this year and next year, then if there is a player I want use a second to move back up some spots into the mid first.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Would u take Patterson at 12 and trade back into 1st for a DE since draft deep at DE?

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Is he worth it at 12? Is he in the same class as J Jones, AJ Green or Dez Bryant? If not, then no, not at 12. If he is there mid to late 20's, then perhaps trade back into the 1st after picking Deon Jordon with our 1st pick. WR in the draft than

I think there are better wr's in the 2nd & 3rd that will be avaialble as opposed to more quality DE or CB's in the 2nds & 3rds, soI think we have to take the best DE at 12 that will help Wake, then target WR / TE with our 2nds & 3rds.

Jordan at 12, and if we have to package a 2nd & 3rd or 4th to get back into the 1st & pick either Patterson or Allen, then so be it. We need a true No 1, and even if we get Jennings in FA, we need to groom a new No 1.
    Better than Bryant but not Jones or Green BUT Jones and Green were top 7 picks so I don't see your point.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    I was hoping for the first two rounds to look something like:

Patterson
    Okafor
    Patton/Bailey

But I don't think Okafor is going to be there in the 2nd. WR is our biggest need, and I'm pretty much sold on Patterson, so I still feel good about him at 12. If there aren't any pass rushers I really like at 42, I consider looking at WR again. We thought Hopkins would declare, but now that he has, it pushes someone else down the line (or I'm assuming it does). Patton, Woods, and Hopkins all look like they'd thrive in this offense. I feel like T. Williams would be another good fit, and he has a shot at falling. Hunter could fall, but I think someone takes a shot at him before the 2nd. If we do go WR/WR, we still have a 2nd and two thirds to address DE and CB. And while our D can definitely use upgrades at those position, FS, and could use depth at LB, it's not like that unit is a cluster **** void of talent like our offense. The D played pretty well this year. Good enough to win with a good offense. Have to prioritize the WR position. And with the talent out there, I'd prefer to pass on the FA's (unless Jennings signs for a friendly contract). I'd rather sign M. Johnson than D. Bowe.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrowDaTD View Post
    CK, Patterson at 12?
    He should be in the mix for that pick, yes.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    The problem with this line of thinking is that Dez Bryant, AJ Green and Julio Jones are not in this draft.

First off you're treating Cordarrelle Patterson unfairly if you're comparing him with guys that are currently successful in the NFL because you're never going to be able to avoid lookback bias there. How many people actually doubted Dez Bryant's talent coming out of the Draft? Quite a few, I can tell you because I argued against all of them and I ended up arguing quite a bit. I think A.J. Green was just accepted as a great talent, but was Julio Jones? Not really. Not until the Combine and even after that you had a lot of people pointing out that Julio was not an elite prospect until the Combine and the Combine shouldn't matter that much, etc.

Second, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. You're tossing out Cordarrelle Patterson based on his not being (NFL) Julio Jones, (NFL) Dez Bryant or (NFL) A.J. Green...but why aren't you tossing out Dion Jordan for not being (NFL) Demarcus Ware, (NFL) Aldon Smith or (NFL) Jason Pierre-Paul? Your exact sentence, exact line of reasoning, could be used to eliminate pretty much every single player that will be available to us at #12 overall.

You've got to compare these players to EACH OTHER...because you can't draft A.J. Green in this Draft. You can't draft Dez Bryant or Demarcus Ware in this Draft. You can only draft Cordarrelle Patterson, Dion Jordan, Barkevious Mingo, Jarvis Jones, Keenan Allen, Dee Milliner, Johnthan Banks, Sheldon Richardson, Dion Jordan, Alex Okafor, Zeke Ansah, Damontre Moore or Manti Te'o. I mean, there are other choices, but you get the point.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    I was hoping for the first two rounds to look something like:

Patterson
    Okafor
    Patton/Bailey

But I don't think Okafor is going to be there in the 2nd. WR is our biggest need, and I'm pretty much sold on Patterson, so I still feel good about him at 12. If there aren't any pass rushers I really like at 42, I consider looking at WR again. We thought Hopkins would declare, but now that he has, it pushes someone else down the line (or I'm assuming it does). Patton, Woods, and Hopkins all look like they'd thrive in this offense. I feel like T. Williams would be another good fit, and he has a shot at falling. Hunter could fall, but I think someone takes a shot at him before the 2nd. If we do go WR/WR, we still have a 2nd and two thirds to address DE and CB. And while our D can definitely use upgrades at those position, FS, and could use depth at LB, it's not like that unit is a cluster **** void of talent like our offense. The D played pretty well this year. Good enough to win with a good offense. Have to prioritize the WR position. And with the talent out there, I'd prefer to pass on the FA's (unless Jennings signs for a friendly contract). I'd rather sign M. Johnson than D. Bowe.
    I agree with this.

Pass rushers Miami should consider at #42 overall include Cornellius Carridine and Corey Lemonier. I would be happy with either player. Both are great value for what they are.

This wide receivers class is so deep, if you've already got the guy at #12 in Patterson that you think provides the same spark for your offense that Julio Jones provides in Atlanta, and in free agency you've either re-signed Brian Hartline or decided to upgrade to Greg Jennings, then you could even wait a little while before you start rolling the dice on some other guys. For example, you could wait until the 4th round or so and roll the dice on STRENGTH guys like Marcus Davis or Chris Harper. These are guys that have a history of physically wrestling the ball in the air away from defenders, with strong hands, and then showing strength and power in their running after the catch.
    Quote Quote