Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Percy may be available after all

1. -11
    The man, the myth, the legend

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Illinois
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanGator View Post
    Before this season he has missed 3 games in his career. He got an ankle injury this year over extending himself for the team. Their entire offense was give the ball to AP or Percy... THATS IT! I don't see the "injury concern" point that people keep bringing up.

And that fact that "he's not that good" - REALLY?! What are you basing that off of?
    I think people are more concerned about his migraine issue than any actual phyisical injury. As someone that has suffered from migraines for 26 years (since I was 5 years old), I can tell you that they can pop up at any time and are often debilitating (sp.?).

Just for the record, I'm neither for or against getting Harvin. I just think we should explore all our options. If the price is right, why not?
    400x300
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinoEqualsGod View Post
    And it's definately good that we didn't have Brandon Marshall last year because we made him available for a reason.
    True, Marshall really helped get his teams to the playoffs this year.
    http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/rex-ryan-foot.jpg

currently the 19th ranked competitive eater in the world
    http://www.ifoce.com/rankings.php
    Quote Quote  

3. -13

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Illinois
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Omen View Post
    True, Marshall really helped get his teams to the playoffs this year.
    He helped his team get 10 wins. 10 wins would have gotten us into the playoffs in the AFC.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by qmar View Post
    This is laughable. He could be the most electric player in the NFL today. If you said you didn't want him b/c of the injury history (migraines, etc.) than I respect that and your opinion. Saying he isn't even that good is a joke.
    The guy has yet to record a single 1000 yard receiving season which pretty much makes you an average receiver in today's NFL.

We already have a guy that can do everything he does in Reggie Bush. Harvin is not a premier receiver. Pass.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    If he's available for a good price, sure, dude is a damn good player.

Deshaun Watson is the TRUTH!
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like him, but I can't see any scenario where I would consider him value. This draft has a lot of players that fit our needs at WR and DE, so I really don't want to give up a high draft pick in a trade. If he's available as a FA, he'll be an expensive slot WR but doesn't give us the teaching and locker room quality that Jennings has nor does he instantly fit into our system. He has age on his side for sure, but his headaches and stature are a serious problem. Jennings has had injuries this past year after a lot of offseason endorsements, and honestly, that's not uncommon. But, even Jennings seems like a less risky proposition than Harvin, and at that cost I want a dependable player, particularly if it's a long term investment like Harvin would be.

We need to also consider price. Harvin reminds me a LOT of Desean Jackson ... and Fraction Jackson was very good in his contract year, and has basically disappeared since. I prefer Randall Cobb, but this was his first breakthrough season and he's not available. These small and fast WR's look dynamite when they can avoid contact ... but eventually they get contacted, and they tend to get injuries and sometimes fear. Just too many potential problems for me to invest heavily.

Jennings would be my top target, with my hope to draft 2 WR's in the top 3 rounds to learn under him. Jennings gets us 3 good years until those young guys can take the reins and Philbin's offense is humming along. But, if that scenario isn't going to happen, and we get a young veteran WR, then I'd rather have Wallace, who is a real split end (X) WR as opposed to a dangerous slot guy. Slot WR's are simply easier to find. A #1 X WR is very hard to find and very pricey.

If you want the Percy Harvin type without getting Percy Harvin, drafting Tavon Austin isn't a bad option ... but he's even smaller. Not the same, but its another option.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He helped his team get 10 wins. 10 wins would have gotten us into the playoffs in the AFC.
    So if we kept Marshall and if Dan Carpenter doesn't miss 2 field Goals we coulda gone 12-4!!!!

Shoulda, coulda, woulda is fun to play... but the facts are the fact, Marshall and the Bears missed the playoffs just like we did. Now They are scrambling for a new head coach, and I don't envy the guy who takes that job, Culter (the coach killer) and B. Marshall are the meat and cheese of a douche bag sandwich.

edit: but back to the thread topic, I'm actually with you, I'm neither for or against Percy, if the coaches think he's worth bringing in, and if the compensation is worth it to us, I'm sure we can use him.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Broward
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We can't let him go to the patriots, send over a 3rd.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Illinois
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Omen View Post
    So if we kept Marshall and if Dan Carpenter doesn't miss 2 field Goals we coulda gone 12-4!!!!

Shoulda, coulda, woulda is fun to play... but the facts are the fact, Marshall and the Bears missed the playoffs just like we did. Now They are scrambling for a new head coach, and I don't envy the guy who takes that job, Culter (the coach killer) and B. Marshall are the meat and cheese of a douche bag sandwich.

edit: but back to the thread topic, I'm actually with you, I'm neither for or against Percy, if the coaches think he's worth bringing in, and if the compensation is worth it to us, I'm sure we can use him.
    I was simply trying to point out that he wasn't the sole reason they missed the playoffs, just like he wouldn't have been the sole reason for our amount of wins if he were here. You still can't deny that he is a beast: 118 receptions, 1,508 yards, 12.8 avg., 11 TDs. That's about four times the number of touchdowns that all of our receivers had this past year.

At least we are agreeable on one thing though... lol.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    I was simply trying to point out that he wasn't the sole reason they missed the playoffs, just like he wouldn't have been the sole reason for our amount of wins if he were here. You still can't deny that he is a beast: 118 receptions, 1,508 yards, 12.8 avg., 11 TDs. That's about four times the number of touchdowns that all of our receivers had this past year.

At least we are agreeable on one thing though... lol.
    we can't really say marshall would've added 1500 yards to the 3000+ passing yards we had. it's safer to assume he would've taken 1000 yards away from bess and hartline. And... we have no way of knowing if he even would've played for us this year. I think the only QB he wanted this season was cutler and he might've sat out the season on protest.
    "I didn't feel like we had to score," Tannehill said. "I had the mindset we were going to score."

Quote Quote