Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dee Milliner declares

1. -11
    it is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    corner Zzyzx & Gypsy rds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree w/ CK. Milliner won that battle early on and yet ND still tried to go that route.

Had the Irish gone w/a few swing passes to Woods & Riddick, the game might have gone differently... but I digress
    Itís reassuring to know the world is crazier than you are. - Erik Selvig, Thor: The Dark World

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    There's a flip side to that coin. You get a 6'6" and 250 lbs body on the wing that can run and jump like Eifert can and you throw jump balls to him on the sidelines in single coverage, how many corners are really able to defend that? Especially since so many corners are 5'10" or thereabouts, having an 8 inch disadvantage. To me unless the tight end is slow and unathletic, you're a little more worried about the size mismatch of your corner against that huge and strong of a pass catcher, than you are that your tight end is going to be completely outmatched by a corner because of the corner's speed. Milliner handled it like a champ. To me it was more impressive for the corner than for the tight end.
    I agree. When have you ever seen Gronkowski or Jimmy Graham lose a one-one-one match up with a corner? The beauty of having a dynamic TE is that he's wins 9 out of 10 against CBs because of his size and physicality and he's too fast for linebackers to stick with. Eifert IMO didn't win enough against Milliner and I don't think that's a poor showing by Eifert as much as it was an outstanding display of fundamentals and physical ability by Milliner. I certainly think Milliner solidified himself as a top 10 CB...at the least he's the #1 CB on the board.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: Dee Milliner declares

Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    lacy helped himself the other night but he didn't help himself enough for any top 12 talk...i don't think he helped himself enough for round 1 but he may go in the top 50 if he runs well...i wouldn't do it though...not that high

i don't really see any dominant back that trumps the rest of the class...

as for milliner i think personally i was more impressed with how tyler eifert looked running down the field on the boundary with milliner across from him than anything else i saw really...not that milliner didn't show well cause he did but to my eye that aren't many te's that you can line up wide on the boundary against a top 20 pick cornerback and them not look slow and stiff...and i thought eifert showed well in that regard...he also used his hands to create separation out of some underneath cuts and i thought showed good ball awareness and tracked the ball well...as a blocker he competed to the whistle and there's no doubt in my mind that kid will not embarrass you as a in line blocker...unlike guys like fauria...who plays quite soft and finesse...

i've had enough of girl tight ends...
    This offense needs a TE bad. Especially if we get the WR we need. Is 12 too high though? Would you trade down for one? or just hope Ertz is on the board in round two?
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Is it just me or is Ertz a terrible blocker and good receiver. We already have a 3rd pick on the roster that can take that slot on the team. maybe Ertz isnt soft and going to Stanford I know he's alot smarter than our current TE thats afraid to block. I think Toilolo is a much better TE, the dude is as good at catching but blocks like Fasano and probably could be had in round 4 or 5. Also Lutzen-whatever looks like an all around TE if we decide to not pay Fasano that could be had prolly round 5, not as athletic atleast I dont think as Toilolo but definitely a good football player.

But back to Milliner the way he locked Eifert up is impressive, and that makes me think that he has the skillset to take on the Marshalls and Fitzgeralds as well as smaller quicker guys. If detroit passes on Milliner for maybe a stud passrusher where is the next threat to take him? Tenn? if that plays out what would it take to jump Tenn....especially with the Jills and Jest in front of Tenn? A #12 and a 4th or 1 of our 3rds? and would that be worth giving that extra pick to our rivals for a corner who IMO can become a strong #1 with a strong pass rush?
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I know we need an athletic seam guy, we've needed that since at least since David Martins 1 good year. I just know that when picking a TE higher than round three the guy better be either a super dynamic seam threat and hands catcher or be a strong seam threat and strong inline blocker. I just do not see those qualities in Ertz and do not believe he should be considered in round 2. He has made some nice grabs but I dont believe he is a 4.5 athlete that warrants anything higher than a 3rd. Especially when there is mad talent at WR and CB at that area of the draft that we need moreso, IMO.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    This offense needs a TE bad. Especially if we get the WR we need. Is 12 too high though? Would you trade down for one? or just hope Ertz is on the board in round two?
    yes pick #12 is too high for any te...if it's me i'm getting my te in free agency...although i'm now wondering if the pack will release finley...

and i do see others points about milliner against eifert...no doubt milliner showed very well in those one on one matchups
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: Dee Milliner declares

Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    yes pick #12 is too high for any te...if it's me i'm getting my te in free agency...although i'm now wondering if the pack will release finley...

and i do see others points about milliner against eifert...no doubt milliner showed very well in those one on one matchups
    I would love Finley and have been following the talk about him being let go very closely. Due to the bonus he is due I think they might actually let him slip.

I think he could be a great pick up and Joe will know just what is is capable of. I know some around here are concerned about drops but imo Finley offers more then Keller or Cook... though I would be happy with any of the three.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Pitbull13

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    No way he gets to 12. Problem will be there will be a number of teams looking to trade up to get him IMO...like Dallas did last year when they moved up to #6 for Claiborne. Detroit is pretty desperate for a CB and they're sitting there at #5...gonna have to trade up to #4 if you really want to secure this kid in the draft I would say.
    Claiborne was MUCH better coming out of college than Milliner. I think he makes it to 12.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cullenbigcstill View Post
    Is it just me or is Ertz a terrible blocker and good receiver. We already have a 3rd pick on the roster that can take that slot on the team. maybe Ertz isnt soft and going to Stanford I know he's alot smarter than our current TE thats afraid to block. I think Toilolo is a much better TE, the dude is as good at catching but blocks like Fasano and probably could be had in round 4 or 5. Also Lutzen-whatever looks like an all around TE if we decide to not pay Fasano that could be had prolly round 5, not as athletic atleast I dont think as Toilolo but definitely a good football player.
    i think Ertz is an awful blocker. And more than technique, I think he doesn't want to block, like its beneath him or something. I think he cops out of plays, I see more than a fair share of drops... I'm not sold at all. Sure he's got some highlight plays, but the guys yardage numbers in Stanfords offense are about the same as all their receivers combined. Kid was targeted a lot. good luck to him, because you don't take over an offense like that without talent. but i don't see it at the next level, personally.

Like you, I'd much rather have Toilolo, who could be something special in a season or two.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull13 View Post
    Claiborne was MUCH better coming out of college than Milliner. I think he makes it to 12.
    I'd bet money that he doesn't. If he gets past Detroit, which is possible, there's very very little chance he makes it past Tennessee at #10. Last year's draft means nothing. There are still teams in the top 10 who badly need a CB and Milliner is clearly the best one.
    Quote Quote