Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Monday press conference scheduled to address future of Sun Life Stadium

1. -51
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by signman View Post
    Super Bowls are are NOT awarded to Stadiums, they are made to cities/communities, and they are not awarded solely on the condition/comparison between the stadiums. Other factors are almost as important, and those other factors together are MORE important. The city, hotels, weather, venues for ancillary events, tourist attractions, city image, ect, ect.....
    Exactly, which is one of the prime reasons Jacksonville most likely won't be seeing another SB come it's way for a long time.
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    I wonder how many times Ross' cell phone will go off during the presser...
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Weather is no longer a factor. New York hosts 2014 and Goodell is talking about wanting one in Denver. Footbal was made to be played in the elements and he knows that.
    Weather is a factor, it's just not an overriding one. If the NY/NJ SB is a huge success, you'll probably see another colder weather city or two get Super Bowls in the future. But the vast majority of Super Bowls will still get played in warm weather sites.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Casas9425 View Post
    I don't think the next stadium should have more than 60k seats. I agree that the stadium should be located in Biscayne Bay.
    The NFL has said it prefers its Super Bowl stadiums to have a capacity of at least 70k, although there is the occasional exception. Since Miami is a natural place for a Super Bowl, there's no way any stadium built there will house that little.
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolph N.Fan View Post
    Waste of time and money "upgrading" that dump known as Sun Life Stadium. San Francisco (Santa Clara) will win the bid for Super Bowl L and then Miami will lose the bid again the following year to Houston. Ross needs a new stadium. Which isn't happening for a loooong time.
    My feeling is that the NFL would prefer to give SB L to Miami, especially if upgrades can be made. For it's golden anniversary I think the NFL would be more inclined to give it to familiar surroundings and a location that they know can do a good job hosting the game and all the other ancillary activities.

The idea that every new stadium automatically gets put at the top of the line for the next open Super Bowl is faulty, IMO. They will reward Santa Clara with a SB, if not 50 then I'd fully expect them to beat out Houston for 51.
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    From what I understand, the team is going to be asking for some public funding to renovate the stadium, with Ross putting in a bunch as well. IF a deal gets done, the stadium's life would be extended by around 25 years.

However, Marlins owner Luria (perhaps the BIGGEST ASS in the history of sport) has made that next to impossible with the public funding he got. People and politicians are FUMING over what this FRAKIN JERK has done here.

To be fair, Ross and the Dolphins do deserve some help based on their history, as well as bringing a lot of money into South Fla with Super Bowls over the years. Just don't see it happening for some time because of Luria.

To finish my vent on THE BIGGEST ASS IN SPORTS HISTORY, he just told his GM that he cannot do a a radio show, and is prohibited from having any interviews. He is a very HATED man here, and deservedly so. If he fracks up the Doplhins, the hate will grow.

Anyone want to chip in for some tar and feathers on his way out of town?
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Almost forgot, this ASS is also FRAKIN up stadium renovations for my Canes, and their fans, as well as the Orange Bowl. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks

Trade

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
    My feeling is that the NFL would prefer to give SB L to Miami, especially if upgrades can be made. For it's golden anniversary I think the NFL would be more inclined to give it to familiar surroundings and a location that they know can do a good job hosting the game and all the other ancillary activities.

The idea that every new stadium automatically gets put at the top of the line for the next open Super Bowl is faulty, IMO. They will reward Santa Clara with a SB, if not 50 then I'd fully expect them to beat out Houston for 51.
    Yeah that's the way its been happening the past decade. Get a new stadium and it seems to guarantee a Super Bowl bid within 5 years.

MetLife Stadium opened in 2010, will host Super Bowl in 2014
    Cowboys Stadium opened in 2009, hosted Super Bowl in 2010
    Lucas Oil Stadium opened in 2008, hosted Super Bowl in 2012
    University of Phoenix Stadium opened in 2006, hosted Super Bowl in 2008
    Reliant Stadium opened in 2002, hosted Super Bowl in 2004
    Ford Field opened in 2002, hosted Super Bowl in 2005

No doubt as soon as Atlanta, Minnesota, San Francisco, and San Diego get their new stadiums, they'll be hosting a Super Bowl soon after.
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Hall of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Bay
    Thanks / No Thanks

Monday press conference scheduled to address future of Sun Life Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    I wonder how many times Ross' cell phone will go off during the presser...
    Will he know how to silence it?
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Beach / Reno
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolph N.Fan View Post
    Yeah that's the way its been happening the past decade. Get a new stadium and it seems to guarantee a Super Bowl bid within 5 years.

MetLife Stadium opened in 2010, will host Super Bowl in 2014
    Cowboys Stadium opened in 2009, hosted Super Bowl in 2010
    Lucas Oil Stadium opened in 2008, hosted Super Bowl in 2012
    University of Phoenix Stadium opened in 2006, hosted Super Bowl in 2008
    Reliant Stadium opened in 2002, hosted Super Bowl in 2004
    Ford Field opened in 2002, hosted Super Bowl in 2005

No doubt as soon as Atlanta, Minnesota, San Francisco, and San Diego get their new stadiums, they'll be hosting a Super Bowl soon after.

Precisely. The only way miami can become a preferred destination is a brand new stadium located between Miami and Miami beach. Fill in a section of the bay to create the space. As I stated before, Ross is a billionaire. He has friends with influence and other investors. They need to think bigger. A state of the art 75K football stadium, championship golf course (think PGA) , shopping, and another muti purpose venue for tennis and other court sports create, passive parks, marina space, restaurants..you get the idea create the destination with the scenic beauty already built in. It can be done.
    Quote Quote