Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Monday press conference scheduled to address future of Sun Life Stadium

1. -61
    Formerly FireWrongstedt

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

Monday press conference scheduled to address future of Sun Life Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    The problem with Sun Life stadium is the location as well as the multi purpose design of the facility. It is located in the ghetto.

A new, state of the art football only stadium that seats 75K should be built along Biscayne bay near the AAA center.

They can create the land by filling in a section of the bay off of 195. Ross can afford it and it would be situated between the city and Miami Beach.

The details can be worked out later...lol
    That would be awesome. But I'm sure the Dolphins will just continue to go the "let's put lipstick on a pig" route though.
    Die hard Dolphins and Devils fan.
    Quote Quote  

2. -62
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    No different then sitting through a winter storm in New York. Its all about money and the city that bids the highest will be hosting.
    Having the game up there is stupid as well

Quote Quote  

3. -63
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why build a new stadium? So we can fill half of a cutting edge stadium?
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonk View Post
    Why build a new stadium? So we can fill half of a cutting edge stadium?
    Celebrity owners, carpet, change the fight song, upgrade the stadium... It seems they want to do everything they can to make money except fixing the team...
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In Barry Jackson's column today an unnamed Dolphin official says the upgrades will make it like a new stadium and delay any need for a new stadium for 25-30 years.

That's the caliber of thought you're dealing with in this regime. It seeps to every decision. I've emphasized that on various sites for years. We've got a lifeless stadium in a terrible location yet they are determined to take the lazy cheap vision-free route time and again.

You might get one pity Super Bowl then you're dumped to the pile again, behind increasingly swanky venues. Thanks to the poster who listed the new venues and how quickly they are rewarded with Super Bowls. I was going to mention that, but minus the date specifics. If you've ever been to those stadiums there's no need to ask why. Truly spectacular.

I love Luria. The Marlins mean nothing to me. But if he plays any role in preventing worthless further patchwork to Sun Life Stadium, he becomes one of the great men in South Florida history, a visionary without realizing it or intending it. Admittedly, I'm particularly disgusted because 25-30 years takes it to the end of my lifespan, if I'm lucky. Most of the rest of you would see another stadium, unless there's ongoing idiocy to patch and patch again.

I experienced the rollicking Orange Bowl in my youth and early adulthood. To follow that with a generic dump for 50+ years would be like a parody, a cruel joke, seemingly worthy of suing someone.

I like many aspects of now, and no doubt going forward, but I appreciate my time frame more and more. My tastes certainly were more in touch to long gone decades -- run oriented physical football, simple classy uniforms, serve and volley tennis, pivot dominated basketball, bizarre '60s comedies, and stadiums with a soul.
    Quote Quote  

6. -66
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As much as a new stadium would bring more excitement for this team, aside from winning games, it won't happen. The Marlins built a new stadium, and sucked, then basically traded everyone away. I can bet you the next 5 years or so, that stadium is going to sit there 70% empty during baseball season. That alone screwed over any chance the Dolphins have of getting a new stadium unless they pay for it themselves. You need to have some sort of winning franchise with a legit following, win or lose, before you build a new stadium. The Marlins had no following, they got a new stadium and still couldn't sell out a game, and now they will go right back to their horrible attendance figures. The Dolphins have an un-loyal fanbase at the moment, and building a new stadium with a bad team will bring about one year of excitement before people realize they are paying to watch a ****ty team, which people in Miami don't do. I personally hate the location of Sun Life Stadium, but other than that, a few upgrades would make it a great place to watch a game. Just get some shade on the seats, update the lighting, and get a winning team...and no one will care about the location of the stadium.
    Quote Quote  

7. -67
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    In Barry Jackson's column today an unnamed Dolphin official says the upgrades will make it like a new stadium and delay any need for a new stadium for 25-30 years.

That's the caliber of thought you're dealing with in this regime. It seeps to every decision. I've emphasized that on various sites for years. We've got a lifeless stadium in a terrible location yet they are determined to take the lazy cheap vision-free route time and again.

You might get one pity Super Bowl then you're dumped to the pile again, behind increasingly swanky venues. Thanks to the poster who listed the new venues and how quickly they are rewarded with Super Bowls. I was going to mention that, but minus the date specifics. If you've ever been to those stadiums there's no need to ask why. Truly spectacular.

I love Luria. The Marlins mean nothing to me. But if he plays any role in preventing worthless further patchwork to Sun Life Stadium, he becomes one of the great men in South Florida history, a visionary without realizing it or intending it. Admittedly, I'm particularly disgusted because 25-30 years takes it to the end of my lifespan, if I'm lucky. Most of the rest of you would see another stadium, unless there's ongoing idiocy to patch and patch again.

I experienced the rollicking Orange Bowl in my youth and early adulthood. To follow that with a generic dump for 50+ years would be like a parody, a cruel joke, seemingly worthy of suing someone.

I like many aspects of now, and no doubt going forward, but I appreciate my time frame more and more. My tastes certainly were more in touch to long gone decades -- run oriented physical football, simple classy uniforms, serve and volley tennis, pivot dominated basketball, bizarre '60s comedies, and stadiums with a soul.
    Exactly man. All this money going on upgrading the stadium still doesn't put Miami on par with all these state of the art stadiums popping up all over the league. Which basically means it's wasted money. Money that could be going towards a new stadium. I never thought the baseball team would get a brand new stadium before the football team.
    Quote Quote  

8. -68
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Having the game up there is stupid as well
    I don't think it's stupid to have a Super Bowl in NY/NJ. But I think it is idiotic that Roger Goodell said Miami was becoming an obsolete option for hosting future Super Bowls because of a little ran in that Bears/Colts game. I'm sure a SB in NY/NJ will have more weather issues than rain.
    Quote Quote  

9. -69
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    I'm sure its all prearranged, the city will give money for upgrades contingent on superbowl promises. Just one superbowl is probably worth at least $50 million in spinoff revenues to the city.
    Why would they give any money?
    The Supoerbowl has much less economic impact on south Florida than let's day NY, Indianapolis or Detroit. Who wants to go up there in winter time? We already have tourism so besides some extra people going to the game we don't have much of an impact. For Ross, having the Superbowl here is an ego thing. The last time Ross wanted a roof the counties and cities shut him down already. Reason: economic impact does not justify the cost.

Ross wants to do ugrades: pay for them. I am sick and tired of billionaire owners always looking for hand outs. The average small business owner has to pay for their own expansion.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome
    Quote Quote  

10. -70
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    Why would they give any money?
    The Supoerbowl has much less economic impact on south Florida than let's day NY, Indianapolis or Detroit. Who wants to go up there in winter time? We already have tourism so besides some extra people going to the game we don't have much of an impact. For Ross, having the Superbowl here is an ego thing. The last time Ross wanted a roof the counties and cities shut him down already. Reason: economic impact does not justify the cost.

Ross wants to do ugrades: pay for them. I am sick and tired of billionaire owners always looking for hand outs. The average small business owner has to pay for their own expansion.
    yea welfare for billionaires
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote