Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Monday press conference scheduled to address future of Sun Life Stadium

1. -71
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You people are negative about everything. Good God wait to see what they say. Besides, you have no idea about the politics and finances. No matter what they do people bitch. At least they are doing something positive.
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    The problem with Sun Life stadium is the location as well as the multi purpose design of the facility. It is located in the ghetto.

A new, state of the art football only stadium that seats 75K should be built along Biscayne bay near the AAA center.

They can create the land by filling in a section of the bay off of 195. Ross can afford it and it would be situated between the city and Miami Beach.

The details can be worked out later...lol
    Ghetto??? Sunlife has a tremendous connection to the TP and I-95. Hardly anybody drives through the 'Ghetto'. Do you know how man season ticket holders are from Palm Beach County? Almost 1/3. You are going to lose them all. Can you imagine 75k fans getting in and out of the Biscayne Blvd/Bay area????? That is a disaster. And talking about 'Ghetto': if you want to go to I95 you are really going through the 'Ghetto' then.

I can't believe that you list your location as South Beach.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Good to see Ross is treating the stadium like the front office just slap some more lip stick on the pig!
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

4. -74
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    From what I understand, the team is going to be asking for some public funding to renovate the stadium, with Ross putting in a bunch as well. IF a deal gets done, the stadium's life would be extended by around 25 years.

However, Marlins owner Luria (perhaps the BIGGEST ASS in the history of sport) has made that next to impossible with the public funding he got. People and politicians are FUMING over what this FRAKIN JERK has done here.

To be fair, Ross and the Dolphins do deserve some help based on their history, as well as bringing a lot of money into South Fla with Super Bowls over the years. Just don't see it happening for some time because of Luria.

To finish my vent on THE BIGGEST ASS IN SPORTS HISTORY, he just told his GM that he cannot do a a radio show, and is prohibited from having any interviews. He is a very HATED man here, and deservedly so. If he fracks up the Doplhins, the hate will grow.

Anyone want to chip in for some tar and feathers on his way out of town?
    I don't even know why anybody in Miami is surprised that Loria pulled that crap. His history is well known for screwing fans and cities. He ran the Montreal Expos into the ground (they are now the Nationals) and got the Marlins because the MLB bought the Expos from him for $120 Million. He bought the Marlins for $160 Million which included an interest free loan of $40 Million from MLB. He basically paid only $40 Million for the Marlins and that was a loan. He never invested crap in anything.

Ross has plenty of minority owners who can come up with the money and Huizenga still owns 5% of the Dolphins and 5% of SunLife Stadium. Between two billionaires and a bunch of millionaire celebrity minority owners they should be able to come up with a couple hundred million dollars.
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Personally, I agree that the stadium should be demolished and rebuilt somewhere else.

However, if they insist on staying where they are, the plans (as much as we know them) will be a complete waste of money. You cannot 'bring the seats closer to the field'. You can, at best, reprofile the lower sidelines so they are flatter and the bottom 10 rows are closer to the field. 90% of the seats will remain exactly where they are - it is not going to make any real difference.

The ONLY option that would make the stadium viable in the future is to build a new seating bowl INSIDE the existing bowl. It would be closer and steeper. They could then link it via walkways to the existing concourse setup, so they maintain the investment they have made there, although they would need to shift the executive suites. It would not be as expensive as you might think since most of the cost of the stadium would be saved. Personally, I would do this and drop the roof idea - if Goodell doesn't want to get wet he can get stuffed.

Trying to renovate the stadium leaving the current seating bowl mostly intact will be pointless.
    Quote Quote