Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Monday press conference scheduled to address future of Sun Life Stadium

1. -31
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    I'm sure its all prearranged, the city will give money for upgrades contingent on superbowl promises. Just one superbowl is probably worth at least $50 million in spinoff revenues to the city.
    Based on what evidence?

Should Miami spend $1,000,000,000 in order to maybe get a pay off perhaps $50,000,000 in the future? (Hint, count the zeroes)
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by signman View Post
    Super Bowls are are NOT awarded to Stadiums, they are made to cities/communities, and they are not awarded solely on the condition/comparison between the stadiums. Other factors are almost as important, and those other factors together are MORE important. The city, hotels, weather, venues for ancillary events, tourist attractions, city image, ect, ect.....
    I beg to differ.....Going back to 2009, if not before, Commissioner Goodell has repeatedly said that upgrades need to be made to the stadium if Miami is going to be competitive in the Superbowl bidding process.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...nflnb1208.html

Of course most other places don't have the kind of weather that Miami has in February, so you probably will see Miami and New Orleans always in the bidding, even though there are newer and better stadiums.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lets see if they are asking for more welfare for billionaires. Amazing how the nfl keeps squeezing public money away from everything else when they are quite capable of financing their own stadiums.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Football Guru

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Would love nothing more then to see us have a Seahawks style stadium and name it THE ORANGE BOWL. Problem solved
    Please God, let me see 1 Dolphins Superbowl victory before I die.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by keller377 View Post
    Based on what evidence?

Should Miami spend $1,000,000,000 in order to maybe get a pay off perhaps $50,000,000 in the future? (Hint, count the zeroes)
    The upgrades are rumored to cost about $100 million, one superbowl could pay for that.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    The upgrades are rumored to cost about $100 million, one superbowl could pay for that.
    I think Ross should spend that money its not like ticket prices wont go up when we make improvements , hell maybe we can pay 50 dollars for parking
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Weather is no longer a factor. New York hosts 2014 and Goodell is talking about wanting one in Denver. Footbal was made to be played in the elements and he knows that.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post
    Because I think we rather them save that money for a new stadium than to continue spending hundreds of millions on that garbage.

Even the ****ing Raiders are getting a new stadium. THE FREAKING RAIDERS. And Goodell has even said the NFL will help fund it. I don't get why we can't get a new stadium, seriously.
    I don't see a guarantee Oakland is getting a new stadium. In looking at info on the 'net about it, it seems to be a possibility. They might share the new 49ers new stadium for 2 years before they get their own place. That's bat**** dumb.

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Weather is no longer a factor. New York hosts 2014 and Goodell is talking about wanting one in Denver. Footbal was made to be played in the elements and he knows that.
    If it's 19 degrees in Denver now for the AFC Divisional Game, can you imagine what it would be like at the end of Jan/early Feb for the Super Bowl? That would be ridiculous to have all the rich a-holes at the Super Bowl sit in that cold weather to watch the game.

Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    I don't see a guarantee Oakland is getting a new stadium. In looking at info on the 'net about it, it seems to be a possibility. They might share the new 49ers new stadium for 2 years before they get their own place. That's bat**** dumb.

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

If it's 19 degrees in Denver now for the AFC Divisional Game, can you imagine what it would be like at the end of Jan/early Feb for the Super Bowl? That would be ridiculous to have all the rich a-holes at the Super Bowl sit in that cold weather to watch the game.
    No different then sitting through a winter storm in New York. Its all about money and the city that bids the highest will be hosting.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveEnd76 View Post
    Would love nothing more then to see us have a Seahawks style stadium and name it THE ORANGE BOWL. Problem solved
    no offence ,my man ....but people need to get over that rusty ,ragged ,azz orange bowl.
    Quote Quote