Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ezekiel Ansah

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Ezekiel Ansah

Just wanted to see your guys opinion on this kid?

He is 6'6, 270 pounds with a long wing span. He is freakishly athletic but extremely raw at the same time. He put his first pair of shoulder pads on in 2009 which is ridicouls because he had very solid numbers the past season. 62 Tackles, 13 TFL, 4.5 Sacks, 9PD, 1FF

His ceiling is through the roof and he is a very high character guy! Watch out for this guys combine because it will be freakish!

On some websites I seen comparisons too JPP and Jason Taylor
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    I love him at 12.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Ezekiel Ansah

As a die hard cougar fan I would love the pick. I don't think he even understands his potential. Walked on 2 years having never touched a football before.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Here is a pretty good scouting report on him.
    I now present to you, DE Ezekiel Ansah, Brigham Young University.

Measurables

Height: 6'5" Weight: 270 lbs. 40-yard-dash: 4.62 seconds Positives

• Is extremely quick burst off of the line.
    • Is extremely powerful as well.
    • Versatile, can line up anywhere on the line.
    • High-end motor... never stops moving, pursuing the ball.

Negatives

• Inexperienced... has only been playing football for a brief period.
    • Pad level is inconsistent.
    • Hand placement is likely sufficient, but not ideal.
    • He is primarily a pass rusher at this point, although his run support has gotten much better, very quickly.

How He Fits (NYJ)

Ansah is one of the most exciting prospects in college football, and one of the quickest rising. He will likely be one of the top defensive players off the board because of his versatility, freak athleticism, and high ceiling. He may be off the board before the New York Jets even get a chance to make their first round selection. However, if he's still on the board, the Jets should not hesitate to grab Ansah. He's very raw, having only started playing football two years ago after moving to the United States from Ghana. However, he's an exceptionally quick learner, becoming one of the most dangerous linemen in the NCAA in only a short period. He is, to put it mildly, a freak athlete, and extraordinarily versatile. He's lined up all across the defensive line and can do it all. If there are two coaches in the NFL that can help him reach his maximum performance, it's Rex Ryan and Karl Dunbar. With a defensive line of Muhammad Wilkerson, Quinton Coples, Kenrick Ellis, and Ansah, the Jets would have the best defensive line in the NFL. The line would be extremely versatile, as all the players (except maybe Ellis) would be able to play every position on the line. The combinations would be limitless for what Rex could do. With that defensive line, we would have the Sack Exchange 2.0. Player Comparison

When I look at Ansah, I see Jason Pierre-Paul. Both were freak athletes that were extremely raw, both being new to the game of football. However, both are quick learners, have exceptional burst, strength, and versatility. Put in the wrong system, Ansah will be a bust. Put in a Rex Ryan system, he can be the playmaker that puts the defense over the edge into all-time great contention. Round Projection

First Round.
    http://www.ganggreennation.com/2012/...-ezekiel-ansah
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I just got bored of WRs so I moved to look a bit at Ansah. Now, I'm sure I'll change my mind in a month or two, but here are my initial thoughts.

Obviously like the scouting report says above, he's extremely powerful. Just rocks blockers when he hits them. He's also always up trying to bat down the ball and I'm sure that's the basketball background in him. He usually gets 1 or 2 a game as well. Personally, I thought his run support was pretty equal to his pass rushing skills. Maybe I'll actually quantify this later with percentages, but I'd guess he's above-average on the amount of tackles he is in on in the run game.

The caveat is, I of course know how raw Ansah is, so I don't need to be told. I keep seeing the JPP comparisons, so I just went back and watched some of JPP's stuff to see where people are coming from. I know JPP is going to be great in the NFL watching this, so I understand I'm playing with a bit of an ace up my sleeve. However, with JPP you definitely see him able to get around the tackle with speed or use his hands to get underneath a defender. It feels like Ansah's singular 'move' in getting to the QB is to use his ridiculous power over and over again until the offensive lineman has been beaten into submission. Do I think his athleticism is great and he'll learn as he hits the NFL? Hell yeah. But I'm not totally willing to bust out the Pierre-Paul comparisons, other than the fact that he's athletic and hasn't been playing too long. Which seems a bit superficial.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NUGap View Post
    I just got bored of WRs so I moved to look a bit at Ansah. Now, I'm sure I'll change my mind in a month or two, but here are my initial thoughts.

Obviously like the scouting report says above, he's extremely powerful. Just rocks blockers when he hits them. He's also always up trying to bat down the ball and I'm sure that's the basketball background in him. He usually gets 1 or 2 a game as well. Personally, I thought his run support was pretty equal to his pass rushing skills. Maybe I'll actually quantify this later with percentages, but I'd guess he's above-average on the amount of tackles he is in on in the run game.

The caveat is, I of course know how raw Ansah is, so I don't need to be told. I keep seeing the JPP comparisons, so I just went back and watched some of JPP's stuff to see where people are coming from. I know JPP is going to be great in the NFL watching this, so I understand I'm playing with a bit of an ace up my sleeve. However, with JPP you definitely see him able to get around the tackle with speed or use his hands to get underneath a defender. It feels like Ansah's singular 'move' in getting to the QB is to use his ridiculous power over and over again until the offensive lineman has been beaten into submission. Do I think his athleticism is great and he'll learn as he hits the NFL? Hell yeah. But I'm not totally willing to bust out the Pierre-Paul comparisons, other than the fact that he's athletic and hasn't been playing too long. Which seems a bit superficial.
    I do agree that he uses his power to try and run threw the blockers but thats obviously because of his rawness and we both know that. Ansah has really good speed and quickness and I think if we were to draft him, Wake could teach him some moves that could make Ansah excel in the league!
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not saying I don't like the kid but if we draft him at 12 ill be pissed.. You don't take projects in the first round. Potential gets people fired

HOTTEST OWNERS IN THE GAME!!!
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Oraclepz View Post
    I'm not saying I don't like the kid but if we draft him at 12 ill be pissed.. You don't take projects in the first round. Potential gets people fired
    Wasn't JPP a project for the Giants?
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NUGap View Post

Entirely agree. I can forgive him for not having developed much variety in his pass rush, he can develop that. But he doesn't use his hands well at all and, with his high pad level, will find the NFL tougher going. His learning curve looks a bit steeper than JPP's was. Not to say he can't do it, of course.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    Wasn't JPP a project for the Giants?
    Sure, but the Giants already had all or most of their key components in place. A team with a solid nucleus that had an off season and a rare high pick can afford to take a chance on someone like JPP. I like most of what I see out of Ansah but the fact that the roster is so unsettled and devoid of top shelf talent means that they really don't have much leeway to be getting cute with premium draft picks, imo.
    Quote Quote