Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ezekiel Ansah

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterNorth View Post
    Sure, but the Giants already had all or most of their key components in place. A team with a solid nucleus that had an off season and a rare high pick can afford to take a chance on someone like JPP. I like most of what I see out of Ansah but the fact that the roster is so unsettled and devoid of top shelf talent means that they really don't have much leeway to be getting cute with premium draft picks, imo.
    One thing people need to realize is we do have one of the best pass rushers in the league to help him.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    trade back, or hope he makes it to 2A...
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Where is this amazing pass rusher you guys keep comparing to jpp? I don't see him. Stop with the JPP comparisons already, thats ridiculous. Just because there both raw doesn't make them similar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFYEL...e_gdata_player
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    What Sherman aspires to be

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oraclepz View Post
    I'm not saying I don't like the kid but if we draft him at 12 ill be pissed.. You don't take projects in the first round. Potential gets people fired
    I agree, even against a weak schedule he didn't put up big sack numbers. We don't need another Jared Odrick at LDE, he's already on the roster. Give me Moore, Werner, Mingo, Montgomery, or Jordan, or trade down where Okafor or Ansah make more sense.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xXwarXx View Post
    Where is this amazing pass rusher you guys keep comparing to jpp? I don't see him. Stop with the JPP comparisons already, thats ridiculous. Just because there both raw doesn't make them similar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFYEL...e_gdata_player
    That video proves very little if anything. He was clearly playing out of position in that game.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    not enough pass rush upside...jpp comparisons are poor...doesn't get off the ball anywhere near the same level...lacks burst....no way i'd burn my top pick on those pass rush tools...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Let's hope that the Jets take him so Mingo or Werner is there
    Pastor stands up in Church from the pulpit and asks the congregation if they know what the resurrection is about? Small child in a pew puts his hands up and would like to answer, pastor asks the child to answer, Boy says "If the resurrection persists over 4 hours you have to call a doctor"
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

FH

That's the problem with the high end of this draft IMHO. As I've said before, the thing that most disturbs me is how Damontre Moore outproduced all of the elite athletic prospects.

Guys like Mingo, Montgomery, Jordan, Ansah, and Hunt ... they all seem like guys with great physical ability that have only proven that they're not accepting coaching and developing. When I saw JPP and Aldon Smith I knew instantly they'd be NFL studs. But, I also knew that there was a reason other than bad attitude and laziness for why they were raw. Ansah might be the next Tamba Hali ... and then again, he might not.

I think this draft has a lot of fools gold, and GM's are going to get fired if they can't tell the difference between fools gold and real gold. I don't know which Ansah is, but if I were a GM, I know I'd be doing a LOT of investigation into these physical freaks.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Looks like Gil Brandt agrees with some of us. Great pick. For the record, I like Patterson if a receiver is not landed in FA. Ansah's upside is awesome.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-d...itter_mock_gil
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Anyone know how old he is? If he is from BYU, chances are he is already in his mid-20s...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote