Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 46

Thread: 60 Day Countdown to Free Agency Period

  1. -31
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    31,592
    vCash:
    24219
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Well last time we had a ton of cap we signed the first player of free agency Justin smiley to a 5 year contract 25 million , 9 guaranteed seemed like a good contract except that he was coming off a major injury and two injury plagued seasons later he was gone. Always liked smiley but was shocked we paid him so much at time. this was also the year we dumped Zach thomas for Reggie Torbor and signed Ernest wilford to a strange contract
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

  2. -32
    jason_taylor's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    3,932
    vCash:
    6329
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEd View Post
    If Pittsburgh re-signs or tags Miller, than I expect Wallace and maybe Jared Cook.
    If Pittsburgh decides to keep Wallace instead then I expect Jennings and Miller or Cook.
    pittsburge CANT DECIDE TO KEEP Wallace, its NOT UP TO PITTSBURGE, and not only that pitts dont have the money to sign Wallace , his one year deal ran out this year and he has the ball in his cornor and can go where ever he wants ,no strings attached.

    Quote Quote  

  3. -33
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    31,592
    vCash:
    24219
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by jason_taylor View Post
    pittsburge CANT DECIDE TO KEEP Wallace, its NOT UP TO PITTSBURGE, and not only that pitts dont have the money to sign Wallace , his one year deal ran out this year and he has the ball in his cornor and can go where ever he wants ,no strings attached.
    They can always tag him.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -34
    jason_taylor's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    3,932
    vCash:
    6329
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    They can always tag him.
    how ?
    Quote Quote  

  5. -35
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    31,592
    vCash:
    24219
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by jason_taylor View Post
    how ?

    the franchise tag or did they change rules
    Quote Quote  

  6. -36
    jason_taylor's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    3,932
    vCash:
    6329
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    They can always tag him.
    bro he only signed a 1 year deal , a FA deal and what that means is that pitts only has his rights for just one year (2012 ) with noway way to franchise tag him or exc. the only way for Wallace to go bk to pitts is if he takes a BIG discount and pitts on thee knees begging him to come bk , and we all know how that went when he ask for a contract extention , they turned around and gave it to brown , more or less imo they burned the bridge with Wallace.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -37
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2007
    Posts:
    11
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What if Miami landed both WRs? Just a thought. It would take a lot of pressure off of Tannehill. It's highly unlikely but, it would be interesting lol.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -38
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    31,592
    vCash:
    24219
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by jason_taylor View Post
    bro he only signed a 1 year deal , a FA deal and what that means is that pitts only has his rights for just one year (2012 ) with noway way to franchise tag him or exc. the only way for Wallace to go bk to pitts is if he takes a BIG discount and pitts on thee knees begging him to come bk , and we all know how that went when he ask for a contract extention , they turned around and gave it to brown , more or less imo they burned the bridge with Wallace.
    they have the right to franchise him but they say they wont. his one year deal doesnt preclude them from franchising him
    Quote Quote  

  9. -39
    jason_taylor's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    3,932
    vCash:
    6329
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumberjack98 View Post
    What if Miami landed both WRs? Just a thought. It would take a lot of pressure off of Tannehill. It's highly unlikely but, it would be interesting lol.
    imo if green bay let donald driver and greg jennings Both go i think we could get both for a decent price which i think driver will retire a packer , but its not realistic that both wallace and jennings could be a dolphin next year , we will have the money , but if we do sign both , i dont see hartline being here next year , but you never know we could sign both but highly unlikely .
    Quote Quote  

  10. -40
    jason_taylor's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    3,932
    vCash:
    6329
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    they have the right to franchise him but they say they wont. his one year deal doesnt preclude them from franchising him
    nooo they dont have anymore right to Wallace as we do . it was just a one year deal with no ties to it , Wallace can go where ever he wants , pitts cant stop him.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. This free agency period has been a yawner
    By DefensiveEnd76 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 04-04-2010, 03:11 AM
  2. NFL to push back free agency period?
    By Gamble in forum General NFL Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-15-2006, 04:54 PM
  3. The official Wednesday Free Agency Period Countdown Thread
    By Migs182005 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 03-03-2004, 03:40 AM
  4. The 2003 Free Agency period has begun!
    By Migs182005 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-28-2003, 11:37 AM
  5. Shocking note on Phins in Free Agency period
    By dolphan39 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-27-2003, 05:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •