Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Miami should NOT resign any of their free agents

1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Why Miami should NOT resign any of their free agents

Most teams talkendlessly about the importance of re-signing their own players. The Dolphinsshould take the exact opposite approach. Why? Look, the past four years, Miamihas had changes in Offensive as well as defensive coordinators. Theyíve had 3head coaches, the results are the same-three straight losing seasons. Changeshave to be complete, cosmetic changes will only yield same result. Take a lookat Miamiís free agents list and you will see why these players are not going tohelp you beat the New England Patriots or get you into the playoffs. These players are mediocre at best. Now I askyou, do you want to rebuild around mediocrity? Do you really want to resignFasano and Jake? Really?
    I will be thefirst to admit one or two of these players deserve to be resigned or rewardedwith a new contract solely based on their last yearís performance. However threequestions must be answered: One, have they reached their potentials? Two, arethere upgrades? Three, are there replacements? Take Randy Starks for example,the guy is an amazing player but he has reached his potential and there is aperfect replacement-Odrick. Ditto for Bush! My problem with Sean Smith isthree-fold. If heís not getting burned he is missing assignments or gettingflagged for PI.
    Under the new CBA,I believe Miami MUST spend a good portion of their cap space, around 90%. Withmore than $45 million in cap space if Miami is going to spend the big-bucks infree agency, they most likely will be on young players. Maintaining a healthy salary cap from one yearto another is critical for any team, and especially one with a long-term planof rebuilding. One bad contract could hamper the team for years to come.
    With the mockdrafts and 2013 NFL draft rumors flying, it is very important to remember the FAclass as well. While the draft is still the best way to build a team, FA is thebest way to upgrade and plug holes. Free agency is where you find battle-testedplayers. No team in the NFL this year is more opportune to change the course oftheir teamís history than the Miami Dolphins. The 2013 NFL draft as well as theFree Agents class is very dolphins-friendly. The caveat is Jeff Ireland.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I can see where you're coming from brother but all of them is a bit extreme imagine if cam wake was a free agent lets not re-sign him because we'e had loosing season with him playing for us which means he's only medicore? a little extreme to say the least. Fasano, Long, Starks and Smith yes
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Silly idea
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    I disagree. We already have many holes to file. This approach would deplete our thin lineup despite all the draft picks. Not every Dolphins player on our roster is a weak link or player. I think we choose wisely based on who we can acquire and hope the rest of the holes we fill in the draft.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Resign Sean Smith. Good corners are hard to find. This season Sean improved significantly. Don't let him walk.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    There is a very valid argument that we are forced to give our average free agents(our players) higher then market value to keep from creating new needs
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I can understand ultimately if you let Starks or Clemmons walk because then it would be replacing through the draft (I dont care what anyone says, if a great DT falls to #12, we are taking them).

But the holes on this team are currently at S, TE, WR.

I absolutely will miss Brian Hartline if he is not signed. He has just become too valuable and he can be a great #2 or 3 which would mean our offense is stellar. There are just guys who deserve to be resigned on their production.

Fasano is another one where if he is gone, you might have to double up and if one is via FA, then that TE will have to adapt to this system and I just dont think Philbin wants to deal with that crap.

Alot of the reason behind signing the likes of Bush, Fasano and Hartline are that they make great #2's so you get your number 1 via draft or FA and now you have not only upgraded starters but depth as well.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If there is an need and they and they are affordable you re-sign them and we have the need overall at most positions
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Formerly Fiedler for MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    A van down by the river
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Im down. Our free agents are garbage.
    "Ryan Tannehill out-Brady'ed Brady"- DanPatrick
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    IA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's going to be hard enough to plug the holes we have already. We don't need to let all our FAs go. Starks, Smith, and Fasano are too important. If a stud DT falls to #12, great, we don't really need Starks as much. But this secondary is weak enough as it is, we don't need to let our starting corner walk. And if Fasano walks, then we really only have Clay, who had a disappointing year and is more of a fullback than a TE. At this point, it's doubtful that Egnew is going to produce anything meaningful for us next year.

I also thing we need to bring back Bush, but I think he's brought back for about the same money, maybe even less. I see Philbin giving Lamar Miller more playing time next year.
    Quote Quote