Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: After watching that great game tonight Ravens vs Broncos. We really need....

1. -11
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jlfin View Post
    I think RT could be better. Flacco has never had to carry an offense. Since his rookie yr, he's had the benefit of great defenses, good running game and pretty good WR's.
    Flacco just doesn't impress me that much. He's just Ok IMHO.
    I agree. I will give credit for his beautiful deep ball though. I don't think hes "Ok" I think hes a good QB. Just not Great or Elite.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pocahontas, IA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by z926538 View Post
    Last I checked he is in the AFC championship game. We can only pray that RT grows to become that "OK".
    Last I checked he has a superior offensive line, running game, receivers, and defense. Just like jlfin said, he's never had to carry his offense. Our receivers didn't score touchdowns because our QB sucks, but because the defense have no reason to be afraid of the offense.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Like finding good slot receivers like Bess is easy. lol psshh some of you fans really shock me with disdain over the good players we got just because they're not Randy Moss. Anyhow I do agree we need to add to our receiving core. I say get Mike Wallace in the FA, there's your over the top explosive guy, then draft Robert Woods in the 2nd who fits our system perfectly. Keep Hartline and Bess and we'll be set.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by z926538 View Post
    Last I checked he is in the AFC championship game. We can only pray that RT grows to become that "OK".
    So was Mark buttfumble....twice.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeoSpikesNeck View Post
    Some damn recievers. These guys flat out laid it all on the line tonight and played like champs. The Ravens recieving core is excellent. Can we please draft a guy like Tory Smith, and pick up a guy like Bolden in F.A. Im so pissed we have no weapons like this.

If we had an over the top guy like Torey. and a big body over the middle guy like Anquan. combined with Hartline (I'm over Bess, dude has done nothing. Have him retrun punts)

Tannehill will be so much freaking better. Throw a tight end into the mix who can line up all over the place and in back field like Hernandez and we will have an offense to be reckinnnnnnnn

I know my hopes are way to high, becasue we still have our lovely G.M, but please someone on this management needs to open their eyes and just see.

Spelling is off I know, I'm on phone and am not going back to recorrect everything.
    Really sick and tired of people playing the same old damn song about our "front office this, Jeff that. Every team hads needs, all needs may not get met but they due the best they can, whether its us choosing to go a different route and draft players that weren't the popular choose at the time but were must picks due to the agenda that there following. The phin organization has said multiple times that there number one PRIORITY is a WR. So please stop making it as if there blind or to incompetent to do that. It's just stupid to even think that. We go one season with out a true number one playmaking WR and people are ready to ****ing riot. If all needs could be met in one offseason even after losing pieces via cuts, FA, or trades, ohhhh how easy it would be for nfl team. I'm pretty sure he knows what he's doing. This team we have, is overlooked for its talent and even by its own fans, he's done a great job at building a team that was **** a few years ago with the likes of Travis Daniels, reynaldo hill, Donnie spragan, Mcdougale playing takle, Brandon ayonbedajo starting, I mean the crap that was on this team was just crazy, and we old. Thanks Jeff, we are just a legit few players away for being a legit contender for YEARS to come. For the foundation we have is very good. I remember when our number need was kinda center, hell every mock draft I read had us picking pouncey for the most part, but of course people bitched about as if we didn't have a glaring need there, I could barely remember who was playing center because that's how bad it was,
    Last edited by dade; 01-12-2013 at 11:05 PM.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Who pissed in your kool aide?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangeworld View Post
    Too bad Flacco made throws that Tanny wouldn't dream of
    Congrats bud! You seem to fall into the unrivaled #1 column of sports fans! We damn well know at this point it sure as hell isn't the optimistic side of that column.

Top 5 most annoying types of NFL fans
    Alex Gelhar

Well, well, well, another NFL season is in the books which means it is now a time for reflection. But Iím not talking about reflecting on your teamís performance, their chances in 2013, or anything of that ilk. Iím talking about discussing a more interesting, incendiary, and pervasive topic Ė NFL fans. Thatís right, itís time to turn your hyper-critical eyes onto yourselves for a few moments. In preparation for the postseason, I present you a list of the five most annoying types of NFL fans you probably encountered this season. Keep in mind, this is not an indictment of any specific teamís fan base, but rather certain types of fans that populate every stadium, bar, and Buffalo Wild Wings from sea to shining sea. Here we go.

5) The Bandwagon jumper

Few things are as obnoxious as a fan of one team jumping ship to root passionately for another team either during the season, or in the playoffs. Thankfully, the NFL has fans devoted enough to their franchises that this typically doesnít happen, but when it does, itís revolting. Speaking of bandwagons, if your team is already out and you are looking for a cozy bandwagon to board, we will be putting together a handy guide to help your wayward fandom find a home. Even though it pains us to do so. Check back in with the Sidelines Blog later this week for the guide. Or just suck it up, enjoy the playoffs, and cheer for your team next year. Your call.

4) The Know-it-all stats maven

This is the fan thatís wonderful to have around when heís backing up your arguments, but more obnoxious than the unrelenting Tim Tebow coverage when heís correcting your arguments. He lurks quietly in the darkness at bars or in stands, waiting for his chance to strike and one-up unsuspecting fans with his prodigious depth of useless knowledge.

3) The ďChampionshipsĒ argument fan

You know this guy. Everyone does. Heck, Iíll even admit to pulling out this lame argument at points when Iím smarting over my teamsí loss. This is the guy who win or lose, always reverts back to his teamís Super Bowl or championship record as the end all be all for ANY argument. Like when the Steelers lost to the Cowboys, or the Packers to the 49ers. Sure, winning titles is the reason everyone plays the game, but donít be a tool and have that be your sole argument for everything. Unless youíre a Bills or Vikings fans and use the reverse-Championships argument for sympathy and support. Thatís granted, you poor, suffering souls.

2) The doesnít know anything die-hard

These fans can typically be found screaming in the direction of the TV or field at the top of their lungs, likely spewing obscenities at a faster rate than Christian Bale on the set of Terminator Salvation. Yet, when you get this supposed die-hard one-on-one, they know next to nothing about their team outside of the marquee players and maybe the head coach. If youíre looking for an honest, intelligent discussion about football, this is the fan to avoid. If youíre looking for a fist-fight on the other handÖ

1) The Eternal Pessimist/Optimist

These sad sacks are about as annoying as fans come, regardless of which side of the emotional spectrum they fall on. Whether theyíre cursing every incompletion as the straw that broke their teamsí back, or telling you just how many touchdowns, two point conversions, and onside kicks their team needs to comeback, these fans take the cake. Making matters worse is the fact that these fans keep the same sad demeanor year in and year out, blindly believing this is their year, or bemoaning their impending playoff loss because their quarterback performed poorly in preseason.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2013/01/02/top-...s-of-nfl-fans/

"Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The aspect about Flacco that I like is the touch he puts on his intermediate throws. He can drop the ball into tight spots as well as anyone. Tannehill has made a few of those throws too, but as of now Flacco is the better passer.
    But watching the SF game, I would rather have a QB who can carry the ball. The QB is basically not covered when there are enough weapons for the defense to account for.
    Hopefully Tannehill can use his athletic ability in the same manner once the DOPEY BALL BOY finally drafts some play maker receivers.

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bobw999 View Post
    So was Mark buttfumble....twice.
    The Jests were in the AFC championship because of their defense and LT, They made it there despite the mighty sancheez.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Football Guru

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We need WRs, a Tight End with speed and a couple of o-linemen. This isn't to mention needing passrushers and a better secondary
    Please God, let me see 1 Dolphins Superbowl victory before I die.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I was a big Torrey Smith fan in the draft, so I'm not surprised by his success. However, one thing that stands out to me is how good the Oline of the teams still playing are. FH loves to bitch about us taking oline early, but look at the teams today. San Francisco alone has three 1st rounders on their Oline. Those guys are downright amazing. We need to get better play in the trenches or it won't matter if Mike Wallace, Greg Jennings and Dwayne Bowe all sign with us next year.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Damn SugarBowl

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    after watching these games i realize we have NO shot vs any of these teams until we get some corner backs and a serious SERIOUS free safety/centerfielder.

and on the flacco subject, he's never been my cup of tea. just a big tall dude that connects on a few deep balls a game. nothing exciting to me about his game. bland player and not a leader.
    Quote Quote