Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: After watching that great game tonight Ravens vs Broncos. We really need....

1. -21
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Watch the last 5 minutes of the Dolphin/ Seahawks game and see if you're still over Bess. The guy flat out balls and helps us win the game. He imo is in the top third slot-reecievers in the NFL.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I love me some Flaco. He's made the playoffs every year he's been in the league, sure give all the credit to the other aspects of the team...but who's taking every snap? Man can play, and make the throws. His only, and very crucial, flaw is that he is NO LEADER. Luckily I think Tannehill can develop into something similar, WITH the leadership intangible, he's not afraid to bleed for his team, and his boys play for him...Torrey Smith would be prime time on any other team and you can see the frustration in his face often when Flacco does miss him...
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dade View Post
    Really sick and tired of people playing the same old damn song about our "front office this, Jeff that. Every team hads needs, all needs may not get met but they due the best they can, whether its us choosing to go a different route and draft players that weren't the popular choose at the time but were must picks due to the agenda that there following. The phin organization has said multiple times that there number one PRIORITY is a WR. So please stop making it as if there blind or to incompetent to do that. It's just stupid to even think that. We go one season with out a true number one playmaking WR and people are ready to ****ing riot. If all needs could be met in one offseason even after losing pieces via cuts, FA, or trades, ohhhh how easy it would be for nfl team. I'm pretty sure he knows what he's doing. This team we have, is overlooked for its talent and even by its own fans, he's done a great job at building a team that was **** a few years ago with the likes of Travis Daniels, reynaldo hill, Donnie spragan, Mcdougale playing takle, Brandon ayonbedajo starting, I mean the crap that was on this team was just crazy, and we old. Thanks Jeff, we are just a legit few players away for being a legit contender for YEARS to come. For the foundation we have is very good. I remember when our number need was kinda center, hell every mock draft I read had us picking pouncey for the most part, but of course people bitched about as if we didn't have a glaring need there, I could barely remember who was playing center because that's how bad it was,
    Ireland deserves a pat on the back for saying we desperately need a wide receiver but does nothing about it? Just like he gets credit for having pegged Keapernick as a first round talent, right? Hows that saying go, actions speak louder than words or something.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Flacco has a stronger arm (probably the strongest arm in the NFL), but I think Tannehill's will be the better QB in the long run. Tannehill's ability to consistently place the ball in a tight window will make him the more accurate QB. He is going to be an excellent QB and already shows a high level of pre-snap reads, command of blocking schemes, pocket presence, and dedication to be the best. All he needs is experience and pass catchers who do a much better job creating separation and catching the ball when it hits them in the hands or numbers.

I wholeheartedly agree that we need a deep threat WR, a good slot WR, and a good TE who is a seam threat and size mismatch in the red zone.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Flacco is an enigma, without looking it up I bet no other QB in the history of the league had accomplished what Flacco has in making the playoffs every year, good record in the playoffs, has only lost 3 or 4 home games in 5 seasons, etc. And its not like he's in the easiest division, they got the Steelers and the Benglas have made the playoffs 3 of the past 5 years. But on the other hand you watch him play and you can't help but think: my god this guy stinks. How the **** can you let the clock expire on a 4th and 5 at the end of a playoff game?

The Ravens will likely re-sign him but I get the impression that nobody in the organization will be jumping for joy over it.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    #onephin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphin
    Flacco receiving a lot of flak in this thread.

Judging by the comments you'd think he was the equivalent of Chad Henne or something.

Most of you are delusional I say, delusional!
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: After watching that great game tonight Ravens vs Broncos. We really need....

Quote Originally Posted by Jamaicankid21 View Post
    I agree. I will give credit for his beautiful deep ball though. I don't think hes "Ok" I think hes a good QB. Just not Great or Elite.
    Need better than ok or good to beat Brady. Now we get to see him in another damn superbowl.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Quote  

8. -28
    #onephin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamilo View Post
    Need better than ok or good to beat Brady. Now we get to see him in another damn superbowl.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

How easy some forget... Guess nobody here watched Flacco be great last year in the playoffs in which he clearly outplayed Brady and was a dropped pass away from going to the Superbowl.

And as far as him not being a leader goes, like he freaking has to be on a team with arguably the best leader in NFL history who is also arguably the biggest alpha male in said history as well.

Some of you are truly comical.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NYPhinzFan View Post
    I was a big Torrey Smith fan in the draft, so I'm not surprised by his success. However, one thing that stands out to me is how good the Oline of the teams still playing are. FH loves to bitch about us taking oline early, but look at the teams today. San Francisco alone has three 1st rounders on their Oline. Those guys are downright amazing. We need to get better play in the trenches or it won't matter if Mike Wallace, Greg Jennings and Dwayne Bowe all sign with us next year.
    The difference is, their OL got better after using high picks and spending FA money. Ours still sucks five years later.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Black Crown Initiate: Withering Waves
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlqJA1Rteio
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks

Ravens Beat Patriots, Knock New England Out Of Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Yamilo View Post
    FOXBOROUGH, Mass. From the very first play, Ray Rice and the running Ravens made the team of the last decade look old, overmatched and, oddly, inept.
    Rice ran 83 yards for a touchdown with frigid fans still settling into their seats, Tom Brady had three of his four turnovers in the first quarter and Baltimore knocked off New England 33-14 on Sunday in the AFC playoffs.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_417845.html

I think the Ravens have a better shot than the Broncos at beating the Pats. At least one Harbaugh brother should be in the big one this year, pretty impressive they both make it to the championship games back to back years.
    Quote Quote