Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 60

Thread: After watching that great game tonight Ravens vs Broncos. We really need....

  1. -31
    jlfin's Avatar
    old pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2005
    Posts:
    7,713
    vCash:
    4047
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by z926538 View Post
    Last I checked he is in the AFC championship game. We can only pray that RT grows to become that "OK".
    Last time I checked,the Ravens (TEAM) were in the AFC championship game. His receivers help him out a LOT. He throws a lot of passes up for grabs and Boldin bails him out with unbelievable catches. Torrey Smith's 1st TD catch was all on him and went over Champ Bailey to make the catch. Jacoby Jones's TD at the end of regulation was a nice adjustment on a badly underthrown ball (sound familiar?). Yet, he was soooo wide open, he stopped, caught the ball and walked into the endzone. Your response was predictable and I expected such a response from someone. He's a solid QB, but I don't believe he's anywhere near the elite level where he could carry a team, which was my original point if you bothered to try and understand it. I think RT can do anything Flacco can do and believe he has more upside. Time will tell. I don't see our receivers making highlight plays to bail RT out of anything. They make the solid catches and RT is criticized whenever his passes aren't "perfect". Tannehill also throws a beautiful deep ball, now, if we just had someone who could catch them on a regular basis.
    By your standards, Trent Dilfer, Doug Williams, Mark Rypien and Rob Johnson were all elite QB's and their respective teams had nothing to do with their success.
    “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”
    Quote Quote  

  2. -32
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2008
    Posts:
    1,775
    vCash:
    1570
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How big of a game was this? I'll tell you how big, many predicted the Bronco's to win the Super Bowl and this certainly would have propelled Peyton Manning to a higher level had they won the Super Bowl, but more interesting is the fact that Peyton Manning is now 9-11 in playoff appearances, 0-4 in freezing temperatures and now tied with Brett Favre 13-11 with the most playoff losses by a starting QB. Most importantly, one of the teams Manning stung (the 49ers) crushed the Green Bay Packers yesterday. That's why I always say the future is now, because you never know when tomorrow may come. The Ravens got lucky, with 41 seconds or so left on the clock on a 3rd and 3, with no timeouts, the Ravens got lucky because Champ Bailey is getting slow and they let Jacoby Jones get behind them.

    Another great factoid is Tim Tebow won 1 playoff game for Denver and then dumped him like garbage to the Jets, so now Tebow has more wins than Manning (in Denver).

    What's overlooked in this loss is the fact that the Denver coaches got conservative and did not allow Peyton to throw the ball to run out regulation, in some sort of effort to get a first down and run the clock out when they had the lead , and then with 30 seconds left in regulation and the game tied, instead of trying to make some big passes down field, Peyton takes a knee and force OT...?

    Denver lost this game because in part coaching, bad non-call on Peytons 1st pick six, because it should have been pass interference.

    In short, Denver got what they deserved.....by snubbing us.

    d-1
    Last edited by dolphans1; 01-13-2013 at 10:08 AM.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -33
    LANGER72's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2006
    Posts:
    9,152
    vCash:
    28725
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Denver lost the game because of a horrible last throw that resulted in an interception. The game was decided on that poor decision.
    Manning lost that game.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -34
    russianbear's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2011
    Posts:
    1,042
    vCash:
    4792
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jlfin View Post
    Last time I checked,the Ravens (TEAM) were in the AFC championship game. His receivers help him out a LOT. He throws a lot of passes up for grabs and Boldin bails him out with unbelievable catches. Torrey Smith's 1st TD catch was all on him and went over Champ Bailey to make the catch. Jacoby Jones's TD at the end of regulation was a nice adjustment on a badly underthrown ball (sound familiar?). Yet, he was soooo wide open, he stopped, caught the ball and walked into the endzone. Your response was predictable and I expected such a response from someone. He's a solid QB, but I don't believe he's anywhere near the elite level where he could carry a team, which was my original point if you bothered to try and understand it. I think RT can do anything Flacco can do and believe he has more upside. Time will tell. I don't see our receivers making highlight plays to bail RT out of anything. They make the solid catches and RT is criticized whenever his passes aren't "perfect". Tannehill also throws a beautiful deep ball, now, if we just had someone who could catch them on a regular basis.
    By your standards, Trent Dilfer, Doug Williams, Mark Rypien and Rob Johnson were all elite QB's and their respective teams had nothing to do with their success.
    I don't think he implied Flacco as an elite QB. I agree that he is SOLID, but his consistent success is evident of someone beyond Dilfer, Williams, Rypien, etc. The Torrey Smith TD (both of them actually) were GREAT balls, yea Torrey Smith moss'd Champ, but that ball was right where it needed to be. He did underthrow Jones but he also threw that ball farther than MANY QB's in the league can even throw. He has a gun, and pushes those limits. I'd say Eli Manning throws more under-thrown balls that are come back to by receivers than Flacco, and he's still considered elite. Flacco is growing/developing and I think his only serious concern is his lack of fire and leadership.

    and i agree that knee to end regulation was an awful move
    Quote Quote  

  5. -35
    Daytona Fin's Avatar
    Rex's Last Stand

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2002
    Posts:
    15,531
    vCash:
    34527
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeoSpikesNeck View Post
    Some damn recievers. These guys flat out laid it all on the line tonight and played like champs. The Ravens recieving core is excellent. Can we please draft a guy like Tory Smith, and pick up a guy like Bolden in F.A. Im so pissed we have no weapons like this.

    If we had an over the top guy like Torey. and a big body over the middle guy like Anquan. combined with Hartline (I'm over Bess, dude has done nothing. Have him retrun punts)

    Tannehill will be so much freaking better. Throw a tight end into the mix who can line up all over the place and in back field like Hernandez and we will have an offense to be reckinnnnnnnn

    I know my hopes are way to high, becasue we still have our lovely G.M, but please someone on this management needs to open their eyes and just see.



    Spelling is off I know, I'm on phone and am not going back to recorrect everything.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -36
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    1,215
    vCash:
    5417
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by jlfin View Post
    By your standards, Trent Dilfer, Doug Williams, Mark Rypien and Rob Johnson were all elite QB's and their respective teams had nothing to do with their success.
    Serious question for you: who is the better quarterback? Dan Marino or Joe Montana?

    As much as I loved watching Marino, I would have preferred watching a Dolphin's equivalent to Joe Montana leading us to multiple Super Bowl victories.

    Say what you want to about Flacco, all he does is get his team to the playoffs and win at least one game when he gets there. This level of consistency says much. Right now all RT has is potential, unfulfilled potential. I'll take consistent results over unfulfilled potential any day of the week.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -37
    Digital's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    2,976
    vCash:
    8945
    Thanks / No Thanks

    FH

    Quote Originally Posted by z926538 View Post
    Serious question for you: who is the better quarterback? Dan Marino or Joe Montana?

    As much as I loved watching Marino, I would have preferred watching a Dolphin's equivalent to Joe Montana leading us to multiple Super Bowl victories.

    Say what you want to about Flacco, all he does is get his team to the playoffs and win at least one game when he gets there. This level of consistency says much. Right now all RT has is potential, unfulfilled potential. I'll take consistent results over unfulfilled potential any day of the week.
    I realize you were not asking me, but I find it astonishing that you could compare a dynasty team like the 49'ers who employed the first real WCO system that has sice come to revolutionize the NFL, played by a boatload of pro-bowlers and all-pros surrounding him and Hall Of Fame defenders like Ronnie Lott and this year's nominee Charles Haley, and an weapons like Roger Craig, a better tight end, a fantastic WR in Taylor and the best WR that the NFL has ever seen in Jerry Rice and compare rings.

    Are you seriously assuming that Montana and Marino were surrounded by equal talent? Even Montana's coach said that "Joe Montana is a product of the system. Dan Marino IS THE system.".

    Put Marino on the 49'ers and they win all those same rings and more. Put Montana on those Dolphins teams and he's lucky to be an occasional pro-bowl alternate.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -38
    Spiff's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2005
    Posts:
    1,778
    vCash:
    13590
    Loc:
    Münchweiler, Germany
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
    I realize you were not asking me, but I find it astonishing that you could compare a dynasty team like the 49'ers who employed the first real WCO system that has sice come to revolutionize the NFL, played by a boatload of pro-bowlers and all-pros surrounding him and Hall Of Fame defenders like Ronnie Lott and this year's nominee Charles Haley, and an weapons like Roger Craig, a better tight end, a fantastic WR in Taylor and the best WR that the NFL has ever seen in Jerry Rice and compare rings.

    Are you seriously assuming that Montana and Marino were surrounded by equal talent? Even Montana's coach said that "Joe Montana is a product of the system. Dan Marino IS THE system.".

    Put Marino on the 49'ers and they win all those same rings and more. Put Montana on those Dolphins teams and he's lucky to be an occasional pro-bowl alternate.
    Regardless of the talent that surrounded them, in my opinion Joe Montana is still the best QB that ever played the game.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -39
    FinHeaven Elite

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    10,203
    vCash:
    1750
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangeworld View Post
    Too bad Flacco made throws that Tanny wouldn't dream of
    I might be the only one to thank your post, but honestly, that throw Flacco hit Pitta with down the seam is a very difficult throw and the most impressive one IMO, and I haven't yet seen Tannehill comfortable making that throw. That was flat out archer like, you have to be absolutely perfect to complete that pass. Brady makes that throw on a regular basis. These people are just elite.

    Hopefully Tannehill can get confidence making those throws, we don't have a tight end like Pitta. Hopefully we get one this offseason.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -40
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    1,215
    vCash:
    5417
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
    I realize you were not asking me, but I find it astonishing that you could compare a dynasty team like the 49'ers who employed the first real WCO system that has sice come to revolutionize the NFL, played by a boatload of pro-bowlers and all-pros surrounding him and Hall Of Fame defenders like Ronnie Lott and this year's nominee Charles Haley, and an weapons like Roger Craig, a better tight end, a fantastic WR in Taylor and the best WR that the NFL has ever seen in Jerry Rice and compare rings.

    Are you seriously assuming that Montana and Marino were surrounded by equal talent? Even Montana's coach said that "Joe Montana is a product of the system. Dan Marino IS THE system.".

    Put Marino on the 49'ers and they win all those same rings and more. Put Montana on those Dolphins teams and he's lucky to be an occasional pro-bowl alternate.
    My point is that we don't get to judge quarterbacks outside of the teams that surround them. This is a team game not an individual sport. You can be Jerry Rice but if Mark Sanchez is throwing you the ball you probably won't make the HOF. While I would like to believe that putting Marino on the 49er dynasty teams would make those teams even better, we will unfortunately never know that to be a fact. So you can't compare RT against Flacco without considering the talent around him.

    By having Marino (the best quarterback in the league at his time) the Dolphins were just quite good enough to never have the top draft picks they needed to adequately improve the rest of the team to be Super Bowl caliber. Flacco may not be great, but he does have a history of consistently making the playoffs and winning games there. It has been so long since the Dolphins have had anything similar that the majority of the members of this board are too young to even remember it.

    So, until RT and his supporting cast prove otherwise by consistently making the playoffs and winning in the playoffs, I will continue to be jealous of teams that have a quarterback (and associated team) who can get to the playoffs and consistently win there.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Watching the Broncos game
    By madmic21 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-13-2013, 02:31 AM
  2. Anyone watching the Broncos Chargers game?
    By zackmandude63 in forum General NFL Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-16-2012, 11:21 PM
  3. Watching the game tonight from class!
    By Drubatuba in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-18-2010, 07:04 PM
  4. After Watching Tonight's Game...
    By Fin #10 in forum Beasts of the AFC East
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 09-15-2009, 04:44 PM
  5. Watch the Chargers/Broncos game tonight
    By Nublar7 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-28-2008, 08:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •