Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dan Le Batard: Jason Taylorís pain shows NFLís world of hurt

1. -21
    Touchdown

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    DeFuniak Springs Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Good article on a facet of players dealing with pain and injury that is seldom seen.

Just win Phin baby!
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Connecticut
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Looking into the future with the upcoming lawsuits from former playersÖ I see playing time limits and forced retirements. That or the total elimination of PED's along with stimulants of any kind. Maybe and that's a stretch, if these guys were semi-human they could take the punishment much better, but I doubt it. I see the league limiting in the future players have five-year lifetime contracts. You play five years and your times up. You have to remember these guys have been playing for years before they are even rookies in this league. It's the only way I see the league surviving the future lawsuits.

I thought I was tough, but you know what, I would not lasted one season based on what I read from this article. Baseball is the way to go :-)
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Brave Rifles

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzlingFins04 View Post
    wow i got chills reading this.. definitely makes you sit back and ponder the abusive beating these human beans just like you and i take on a yearly basis. I respected jason taylor prior to this article but my respect now is beyond belief.
    Human beans?
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Shocking story. As I digest the shock I am thinking wow..all for the team, adulation and money. The game cannot be such a joy if in such pain.
    As I ponder this..would I do the same? Most everyone who has ever played football, myself included, would probably do it.
    The rush of making a great play or winning the game makes it all worth it....not to mention the million dollar paychecks.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!

Still hate Jason Taylor? He almost gave his leg for the fans.

Dan Le Batard: Jason Taylorís pain shows NFLís world of hurt
    The doctors handed him a towel. For his mouth. To keep him from biting his tongue. And to muffle his screaming.
    ďIt is the worst ever,Ē he says. ďBy far. All the nerve endings in your feet.Ē
    That wasnít the ailment. No, that was the cure. A needle has to go in that foot, and there arenít a lot of soft, friendly places for a big needle in a foot. That foot pain is there for a reason, of course. It is your body screaming to your brain for help. A warning. The needle mutes the screaming and the warning.
    ďThe first shot is ridiculous,Ē Taylor says. ďRidiculously horrible. Excruciating.Ē
    But the first shot to the foot wasnít even the remedy. The first shot was just to numb the area Ö in preparation for the second shot, which was worse.
    ďYou canít kill the foot because then it is just a dead nub,Ē he says. ďYouíve got to get the perfect mix [of anesthesia]. I was crying and screaming. Iím sweating just speaking about it now.Ē
    Howíd he play?
    ďI didnít play well,Ē he says. ďBut I played better than my backup would have.Ē

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/1...#storylink=cpy

Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    This is why they get paid big money.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    I never understood the blind hate people had for Jason...he gave us his best years. Yeah, he played for the Jets for a bit, yeah he went to go dance. So what...get over it. He played his absolute best for the Dolphins and will always be remembered as such. This kind of story makes me respect him even more. People have got to remember, no matter how much money these guys make, they're human too. They're not immune from ailments, injuries, or sicknesses outside of the game of football.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't care who you are or what you are getting paid, there are only so many people in this world that have the kind of drive and determination to make those kinds of sacrifices.

People might get all pissy about Jason because of him leaving, but that guy is a Dolphin as far as I am concerned. He and Zach were the heart and soul of our defense for many years.
    Last edited by Longshot; 01-13-2013 at 05:15 PM.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    A Faithful Dolphin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bull****, how many Dads and Moms in this country have to go to work every day for minimum wages for 40 years or more in bodies that are tired and worn down in an attempt to support their families?

NFL Football players have the best of medical care, big paychecks and have chosen to do what they are doing. They do what they do for the big money.

I don't buy the hero worship..
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Greydolfin View Post
    Bull****, how many Dads and Moms in this country have to go to work every day for minimum wages for 40 years or more in bodies that are tired and worn down in an attempt to support their families?

NFL Football players have the best of medical care, big paychecks and have chosen to do what they are doing. They do what they do for the big money.

I don't buy the hero worship..

Worship? How about simple honest words. Respect.
    Quote Quote