Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Is Ryan Tannehill Going to Become a Franchise QB? | Part II

1. -51
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am just amazed how people will make all these arguments that Tannehill will become this franchise QB, when its clear our defense played a huge part in our victories.

It's a team game.

All I am saying, lets start these conversations/debates (touchy-feel-good-opinions) at the end of the season.

If we make the playoffs, then your post has some validity, if we finish 8-8 and we miss out, then we'll just have to be patient and wait.

Carson Palmer was supposed to be a franchise QB, Chad Johnson a Hall of Fame receiver.

All these experts said Dan Marino would "win" a Super and would be in several more. (17 years later, it never happened)

Remember that season we had all those former number 1 picks on this team, like Steve Etman and others and Coach Shula was accused of trying to buy a Super Bowl, what happened?

I appreciate your enthusiasm and your creative angle, with only 2 years into Tannehills short career, but I would rather read what Tannehill needs to do to beat this Bills team, tomorrow.

Tannehill wins these next 2 games and your post may have some legitimacy, but until then, its just a wish or a dream.
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    We Are Still Going To The SB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Dolphins are now 12-1 Win T-Hill has a rating of 90 or Higher..
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by crazydolfan305 View Post
    the dolphins are now 12-1 win t-hill has a rating of 90 or higher..
    lol....
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Time will tell if he develops. Just PLEASE do not use QB rating as way to judge quarterbacks. Remember, Jeff Garcia has a higher QB rating than Marino, Elway, Sonny Jurgensen, Dan Fouts, and several others that are HOF. It's akin to using the Super Bowl argument ina team sport. Folks say "Montana is the best because he won 4 Super Bowls". Then they forget that Bradshaw did the same and Otto Graham and Bart Starr won more than either of them. It's like claiming Trent Dilfer is better than Marino because Dilfer was a champion.
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Special Teams Lunatic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Pond, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphans1 View Post
    I am just amazed how people will make all these arguments that Tannehill will become this franchise QB, when its clear our defense played a huge part in our victories.

It's a team game.

All I am saying, lets start these conversations/debates (touchy-feel-good-opinions) at the end of the season.

If we make the playoffs, then your post has some validity, if we finish 8-8 and we miss out, then we'll just have to be patient and wait.

Carson Palmer was supposed to be a franchise QB, Chad Johnson a Hall of Fame receiver.

All these experts said Dan Marino would "win" a Super and would be in several more. (17 years later, it never happened)

Remember that season we had all those former number 1 picks on this team, like Steve Etman and others and Coach Shula was accused of trying to buy a Super Bowl, what happened?

I appreciate your enthusiasm and your creative angle, with only 2 years into Tannehills short career, but I would rather read what Tannehill needs to do to beat this Bills team, tomorrow.

Tannehill wins these next 2 games and your post may have some legitimacy, but until then, its just a wish or a dream.
    This is what drives me bonkers.

Don't like the "positive vibe" threads? Want something about beating the Bills?

Start your own thread about it, then. It's kinda pointless to crash a thread and say "Hey! Don't talk about *this*...talk about *this*!" We're not going to stop being hopeful about Tannehill just because "the voices of reason" tell us it's too soon.
    "If foot fetish videos of your wife surface online, and the voice of the cameraman sounds like you, just admit that it was you ... because the alternative is that someone else was filming foot fetish videos of your wife, and I'm pretty sure that's worse." - Bill Simmons's enduring lesson to Rex Ryan.
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins3 View Post
    Time will tell if he develops. Just PLEASE do not use QB rating as way to judge quarterbacks. Remember, Jeff Garcia has a higher QB rating than Marino, Elway, Sonny Jurgensen, Dan Fouts, and several others that are HOF. It's akin to using the Super Bowl argument ina team sport. Folks say "Montana is the best because he won 4 Super Bowls". Then they forget that Bradshaw did the same and Otto Graham and Bart Starr won more than either of them. It's like claiming Trent Dilfer is better than Marino because Dilfer was a champion.
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...ing_career.htm

No correlation is perfect. There are always exceptions to the rule.
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphans1 View Post

It's a team game.

I wasn't aware that one of the criterion for being considered a franchise QB was to play without a defense. You seem to think that if any predictions end up being wrong, discussion of the future is pointless. If that is the case, then don't join it. The thread title was obvious, simply move along.....
    Angry Deniers. A bunch of agenda-driven whiny clowns whose sole mission is to deny anything good that Tannehill has done and deny anything bad that the "gods of quarterbacks" have done.
    Quote Quote